Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

need help plzzz with hijackthism

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

need help plzzz with hijackthism

Unread postby cjboden » February 23rd, 2010, 8:50 am

this is my log plz help me if you can i don't no what to do

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)
Scan saved at 12:31:52, on 23/02/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe,
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

--
End of file - 1535 bytes
cjboden

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: need help plzzz with hijackthism

Unread postby andyspeake » February 26th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Hello, and Welcome :)
I will be assisting you with your malware issues.
Please be patient as I need some time to review your Hijackthis log and i will post back recommendations for repairs.
As I am still on training, everything that I post to you, must be checked by a MRU teacher or senior malware remover. Thus, there may be a tiny bit of a delay between posts, but it shouldn't be too long.

• Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! Remember, abscence of symptons doesn't mean you are malware free.
  • If you have any question or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you!
  • If you are receiving help or have received help on this problem elsewhere, please let us know
  • Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.

All users of this forum must read this topic before proceeding
No Reply Within 3 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed! If you need more time, please inform me.
andyspeake

Unread postby andyspeake » February 26th, 2010, 5:31 pm

I'm afraid I have unpleasant news for you. You have a Very Dangerous infection on this machine.

LINK. It is an information Stealer

It allows outsiders COMPLETE access to every keystroke, account, and password you use while on this machine, and complete access to any other data present...
IF this computer has been used for any kind of important data, my best recommendation is to Disconnect from Internet, Re-Format the entire drive and re-install your Operating system and Applications.

We can likely clean the infected files off the computer, and if you wish we will attempt to do so, but we cannot be sure that the infection didn't do something to your system to reduce the system security. In that instance, even after removal of the infection, you could be subject to another attack or takeover as soon as you re-connect to the Internet.

The Decision Whether to ReFormat or Not should be based on:

• The use of the computer - this is the primary factor in the decision whether to re-format and re-install, or just disinfect.
  • The variety of malware - this influences the decision on whether to re-format and re-install, or just disinfect. IN THIS CASE we have a backdoor trojan, the worst kind.

If the Computer has been used for any important data, you are strongly advised to do the following, immediately:

• Disconnect the infected computer from the internet and from any networked computers until the computer can be cleaned.
  • Back up all important data on the machine. Do not back up any Applications (programs). Those should be re-installed from the original source CDs or websites.
  • If you have ever used this computer for shopping, banking, or any transactions relating to your financial well being:
    Call all of your banks, credit card companies, and financial institutions, informing them that you may be a victim of identity theft, and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.
  • From a clean computer, change ALL your online passwords -- for ISP login, email, banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, and any online forums or groups you belong to.
  • DO NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new password and transaction information.
  • Take any other steps you think appropriate for an attempted identity theft.

While you are deciding whether to ReFormat and Re-Install, a useful link is here: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063
Please let me know what you decide.
andyspeake

Unread postby andyspeake » February 27th, 2010, 8:43 pm

3 Day Response
Hello...
It has been 2 days since my last post to you.
  • Do you still need help with this problem?
  • Do you need more time?
  • Are you having problems understanding or following my instructions?
Just let me know what's going on otherwise...
After 24 hrs., if you have not replied to this thread... it will be closed!
andyspeake

Unread postby Katana » March 1st, 2010, 10:17 am

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!