Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

best anti-malware software?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

best anti-malware software?

Unread postby Doug Waters » February 15th, 2010, 10:46 pm

What's the best software to prevent malware infections? The best to detect infections? The best to eradicate them? The best single all-in-one product?
Doug Waters

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: best anti-malware software?

Unread postby Gary R » February 16th, 2010, 4:27 am

As this is not an appropriate topic for the Malware Removal forum, I've moved it to where you're more likely to get a reply.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby Sludge3000 » February 16th, 2010, 10:30 am

Hello Doug Waters,

Google is your friend. You can find many reviews and statistics for various anti-x products(Anti-x for anti-spyware, anti-virus, anti-adware, etc). I have not used all of the available products however I find a combination of software is good. You will likely find everyone here has a different setup and no one setup is 'the best'.

I have previously run Avira and AVG but have now settled with Avast(all free versions) as it has the least invasive purchase reminders and I think it's cute that it tells you when it's udpated.
I back this up with Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I am using Outpost firewall.

Some software suites include multiple anti-x programs as well extra features such as e-mail scanners. Personally I think detection is the most important element as if you don't know you are infected you won't do anything to remove it.

I hope this will help you find the best secuirty software for you and your system.
Sludge3000

Unread postby Doug Waters » February 16th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Attention, Gary R:

You neglected to mention where you moved it to.
Doug Waters

Unread postby Doug Waters » February 16th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Never mind. I was routed to this topic from my email, and didn't know what forum I was in.
Doug Waters

Unread postby Cypher » February 16th, 2010, 3:20 pm

Have a read here >> How to prevent Malware
Cypher
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Gary R » February 16th, 2010, 3:41 pm

Doug Waters wrote:Attention, Gary R:

You neglected to mention where you moved it to.

Here. ;) :D
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions