Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I have a bogus antivirus trying to perfom a scan on my pc

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: I have a bogus antivirus trying to perfom a scan on my pc

Unread postby deltalima » February 2nd, 2010, 10:28 am

Hi bibi,

I change the boot up to cd, I inserted the cd but the pc still boots up to windows

There are several reasons why the CD may not boot, we will need to check them out.

• Try the CD in another computer to check it can be read
  • Try the CD in another computer to check it can boot
  • Try to burn the CD on different computer than the one used to burn the disk you have
  • Try CD from another manufacturer
  • In the computer BIOS check that the setting to boot from CD has been saved
  • Carefully monitor the screen through the boot process to check for messages or prompts

If none of the above work then please let me know the make and model of the computer and I will investigate further.
deltalima
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby bibi » February 3rd, 2010, 1:49 am

Hi Deltalime:
Haven't been able to work with the same cd in a diferent pc, but what I did was that I put a windows xp cd on and it boot it from the cd (didn't complete the bootup I was just testing) so I know I can bootup with a cd, so I will be working using a diferent brand of cd and burning from another pc, I'll keep you posted
Thanks
Bibi
bibi

Unread postby bibi » February 6th, 2010, 2:06 am

Hi Deltalime:
I haven't had time to work on my pc, but this weekend I l will be able to do something, thanks for the help, and please don't close my topic, I still need help
bibi
bibi

Unread postby bibi » February 8th, 2010, 8:00 am

Hi Deltalime:
Still need more time, thanks
bibi
bibi

Unread postby bibi » February 12th, 2010, 2:00 am

Hi Deltalime:
I have not been able to get my cd burned, please give a little bit more time.
for your help and patience thanks you so much,
bibi
bibi

Unread postby bibi » February 14th, 2010, 1:02 pm

Hi Deltalima:
Sorry but I have not been able to do much progres, could you please give some more time please?
bibi
bibi

Unread postby jmw3 » February 14th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Hello bibi
Due to lack of a reasonable response, this topic is now closed.

This thread has been open now for two weeks without any reasonable progress being made. Unfortunately we are going to have to close it. Most of the volunteers who help out here are limited to the amount of topics they can take on at any one time, so having one sitting idle without making any progress for this amount of time is unfair on both the helper & all of the other people coming to this site seeking help.
Therefore I would suggest that when you have the time to follow this through completely, post a new HijackThis Log & Uninstall list & wait for a new helper to pick it up.
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!