Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Undeletable infected file in Recycle bin

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Undeletable infected file in Recycle bin

Unread postby muppy03 » February 3rd, 2010, 5:47 am

Am I right to think something is unusual here...
It is unusual but without knowing the file path it is hard to guess what it is. Especially with all else looking good.

Basically the file you deleted has somehow been corrupted it is not necessarily malware.

Dd7 = The first D stands for Deleted File or Folder, the next d stands for the hard disk, the number stands for the order in which the file was deleted.

Can you tell me what is on D drive?
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby cedarboy88 » February 4th, 2010, 4:53 am

Hi Muppy03,

The D drive is a partioned local disk drive. It is one of two local drives (other being C which is primarily function is the program files).

I notice there is one unusal folder which I am not able to delete. It contains folders with names like i386 and amd64.

cheers

Regards
Cedarboy88
cedarboy88

Unread postby muppy03 » February 4th, 2010, 5:14 am

I notice there is one unusal folder which I am not able to delete. It contains folders with names like i386 and amd64.

Why do you want to delete these?
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby muppy03 » February 4th, 2010, 8:35 am

Hi, The problem with the file in the recycle bin is not Malware related in my opinion, and I think that you would be better served asking in a general help forum that specializes in general computer tech help to resolve this problem.

We do have a little bit of cleaning up to do from the infections that you did have, so lets finish here first before you go elsewhere.

I recommend that you uninstall via add/remove programs MyEmoticons then delete the associated folder

C:\Program Files\MyEmoticons

Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7) is seriously outdated the latest version is Firefox 3.6

You should Download and Install the newest version of Adobe Reader for reading pdf files, due to the vulnerabilities in earlier versions.
All versions numbered lower than 9.2 are vulnerable.
  • Go HERE and click on AdbeRdr920_en_US.exe to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  • Save this file to your desktop and run it to install the latest version of Adobe Reader.

Update Java Runtime

You are using an old version of Java. Sun's Java is sometimes updated in order to eliminate the exploitation of vulnerabilities in an existing version. For this reason, it's extremely important that you keep the program up to date, and also remove the older more vulnerable versions from your system. The most current version of Sun Java is: Java Runtime Environment Version 6 Update 18.
  • Go to Java Site
  • Scroll down to where it says "JDK 6 Update 18 (JDK or JRE)"
  • Click the orange Download JRE button to the right
  • Select the Windows platform from the dropdown menu
  • Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 with JavaFX License Agreement". Click on Continue.The page will refresh
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation & save the file to your desktop
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall all old versions of Java (Java 3 Runtime Environment, JRE or JSE) listed below in the code box.
    Code: Select all
    Java(TM) 6 Update 11

• Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u18-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version
  • After the install is complete, go into the Control Panel (using Classic View) and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup)
    • On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button
    • Next, click on the Delete Files button
    • There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
        Applications and Applets
        Trace and Log Files
    • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
      Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE
    • Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
    • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel

Let me know when the above is done, and if you arn't experiencing any problems we will start cleaning up the tools I had you download.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby cedarboy88 » February 5th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Hi Muppy03,

Thank you for your help and advice. It is comforting and I think the pc is working fine overall.

The Recycle bin situation I think is not a risk (virus free) and no longer a threat perceived/or real to everyday pc use and web surfing.

I have followed the listed steps. Current programs have been updated.

1) My emotions - When deleting this program (from Add/Remove) Avast did detect this as a virus

2) To not slow down the pc I have switched off Adware- Adwatch Live protection. Please let me know if I should switch it back on as currently Avast is providing online protection.

3) Do you have any other recommendations.

Thank you.
cheers

Regards
Cedarboy88
cedarboy88

Unread postby muppy03 » February 5th, 2010, 7:52 pm

To not slow down the pc I have switched off Adware- Adwatch Live protection. Please let me know if I should switch it back on as currently Avast is providing online protection.
It is really up to you whether to use or not. Do you feel it slows down the computer dramatically?

Since you are not having any further problems, I would suggest you proceed as follows.

MBAM is great tool for you to keep and use on a regular basis.

You can manually delete System Look and Gooredfix from your desktop.

Uninstall ComboFix:

• Click on Start >> Run...
  • Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall into the and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

The above procedure will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points
Let's clear out the programs we've been using to clean up your computer, they are not suitable for general malware removal and could cause damage if used inappropriately.

• Double-click OTM.exe. (Vista users, please right click on OTM.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

Here are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system. If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Install WinPatrol
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Read some information here how to prevent Malware.

Please reply if you have any problems or questions
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby cedarboy88 » February 6th, 2010, 5:51 pm

Hi Muppy03,

These programs have been all removed.

Thank you for your suggestions as well.

cheers

Regards
Cedarboy88
cedarboy88

Unread postby muppy03 » February 6th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Glad we were able to help :)
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » February 8th, 2010, 4:02 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous