Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Internet Security 2010, Firefox redirects & hijack attempt

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Internet Security 2010, Firefox redirects & hijack attempt

Unread postby little_l » January 28th, 2010, 11:43 am

Hi Wingman--

Will standby for further direction (thanks for your efforts!).

Wanted you to know about the alert I've been sporadically receiving from Zone Alarm is a blocked attempt at access to the internet. The Zone Alarm Security Alert reads "Firewall blocked Internet access to 137.229.231.57 (UDP Port 161)" and the program listed is Spooler Sub System App. Zone Alarm blocks the access, but it does show the alert.

Again, thanks for helping! LP
little_l

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Wingman » January 28th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Hello little_l,
Your welcomed. Thanks for being patient and hanging in there. :)

The IP addrerss you showed 137.229.234.57 is located in FAIRBANKS, ALASKA, specifically DSL UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA.
Do you take classes there?

Question. Do you have or did you have an Nvidia graphics card or Nvidia on-board graphics installed?

Please do not make any changes to your system: do not add or remove any software, run any scans or "fix" programs and/or remove any files unless instructed to do so, by me.
Please read these instructions carefully before executing and then perform the steps, in the order given. lf, you have any questions or problems, executing these instructions, <<STOP>> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.

Step 1.
ERUNT - Emergency Recovery Utility NT
Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it's always wise to create a backup before doing so.
Run:
  1. Please navigate to Start >> All Programs >> ERUNT... double-click ERUNT from the menu.
  2. Click on OK within the pop-up menu.
  3. In the next menu under C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT\DD-MM-YYYY under Backup options make sure both the following are selected:
    • System registry.
    • Current user registry.
  4. Next click on "OK"... at the prompt... reply "Yes".
    After a short duration the Registry backup is complete! pop-up message will appear.
  5. Now click on "OK". A registry backup has now been created.
< STOP > If you did not successfully complete this step. < STOP > Do not continue with any other steps, post back and let me know!

Step 2.
SubInACL
We need to change some settings... before we can add certain registry keys.
Please download SubInACL ... © Microsoft Corporation.
First:
  1. Double click on subinacl.msi to begin the installation.
  2. Click Next>... select "I accept" and click Next>
  3. Click browse
  4. From the drop down menu select C:\
  5. Double click on WINDOWS and then system32
  6. Click OK... click Install now
  7. Click Finish
Second:
Create SubInACL batch file
We'll create a file for adding the registry keys.
It will be easier and less error prone, if we create a batch file to do this... please follow these steps:
  1. Copy all text in the quote box (below)...to Notepad.
    @echo off
    FOR %%R IN (
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_nvsvc]
    "NextInstance"=dword:00000001
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_nvsvc\0000]
    "Service"="NVSvc"
    "Legacy"=dword:00000001
    "ConfigFlags"=dword:00000000
    "Class"="LegacyDriver"
    "ClassGUID"="{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}"
    "DeviceDesc"="NVIDIA Driver Helper Service"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\enum\root\legacy_nvsvc\0000\Control]
    "ActiveService"="NVSvc"
    ) Do (
    subinacl.exe /subkeyreg %%R /setowner=%username% /grant=%username%=F
    reg add %%R /f
    )
    del %0
  2. Save the Notepad file in the same directory as SubInACL (C:\Windows\System32\) ...as subinacl.bat... save type as "All Files"
    It should look like this -> Image subinacl.bat
  3. Double click on subinacl.bat to execute it.
    A black DOS window will flash, then disappear...this is normal.
  4. The registry entries will have been added and the "subinacl.bat" file will also be deleted.

Step 3.
Registry Search Tool (.vbs)
Please download the Registry Search Tool ... by Bill James (MVP). Save it to your desktop.
  1. Right click on RegSrch.zip and select Extract All....
    If you have an "unzipping" program (WinRar, Winzip, etc), you can use that... then jump to step 5, otherwise.
  2. Click Next on seeing the Welcome to the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard.
  3. Click on the Browse button. Click on Desktop. Then click OK.
  4. Once done, check the Show extracted files box and click Finish.
    Make sure that your Antivirus / OS allows the use of the .vbs scripts. If prompted, make sure to allow the script.
  5. Double click on RegSrch.vbs to run it.
  6. Copy and paste (or type) the following line into the Search Box:
    legacy_nvsvc
  7. Press OK... The search may take a few minutes to run.
    If it finds any entries, it will tell you when it's done and offer to have you look at the file.
    Warning: The output file is not saved... you must manually save the file, if you want it.
  8. Reply Yes... then when it opens copy/paste the contents in your reply.

Step 4.
Please include in your next reply:
  1. Any problem executing the instructions?
  2. Recognize the IP address? Nvidia card/graphics?
  3. RegSrch output.
  4. How is the computer behaving?
Thanks,
Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby little_l » January 29th, 2010, 2:35 am

Hi Wingman--

As for IP address, my husband worked for the Alaska university system a couple years ago (though not Fairbanks, which is a different part of the system), but I'm not sure why our home computer would be attempting contact to that IP address. Zone Alarm is blocking the access, though, so not sure whether to be more concerned about it than that...

NVIDIA: Yes, it appears that the originally installed display adapter is NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200.

RegSrch log posted below; no problems executing instructions; hard to say how computer is running--I'm only using it for cleaning & posting here (certainly much better than when we started--whew!)

Question: 2 posts back you instructed not to turn off computer until you directed me to do so. That seemed to be in conjunction with use of OTM--which restarted itself, anyway--but I've since been leaving computer on (but disconnected from internet). Okay to turn off (i.e., restart?)?

Thank you! Standing by.... LP

***********RegSrch.vbs log*******

REGEDIT4
; RegSrch.vbs © Bill James

; Registry search results for string "legacy_nvsvc" 1/28/2010 9:17:54 PM

; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close WordPad.
; You must manually save this file to a new location if you want to refer to it again later.
; (If you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore any Registry changes you make to these values.)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\nvsvc\Enum]
"0"="Root\\LEGACY_NVSVC\\0000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NVSVC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NVSVC\0000]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet005\Services\nvsvc\Enum]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvsvc\Enum]
little_l

Unread postby Wingman » January 29th, 2010, 9:28 am

Hello little_l
Great job getting those steps executed. :)

As far as the U of A IP address... I don't use Zone Alarm so I don't kow if it displays the file name that is processing the outbound reguset. Meaning does it indicate what program is trying to connect?
There may be an old process in place, that was used to connect your husband with the University. Ask him if he knows of any dialup processes, synchronizing processes, shared network file accesses, etc that were used. I don't think this is a "malicious" attempt to connect to the U of A, let Zone Alarm do it's job and continue to block it. If your husbands remembers any "thing" that was done specifically for him to connect to the University, then maybe that process can be ended or disabled.
Regarding turning the computer on and off, rebooting etc... it is fine to do so now.

Please do not make any changes to your system: do not add or remove any software, run any scans or "fix" programs and/or remove any files unless instructed to do so, by me.
Other than the above, you should begin to use the computer normally, at this point. Just as you would any other day... we need to see if it is functioning peroperly.

Please read these instructions carefully before executing and then perform the steps, in the order given. lf, you have any questions or problems, executing these instructions, <<STOP>> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.

Step 1.
We added some registry entries, so let's create another backup with them included.
Run:
  1. Please navigate to Start >> All Programs >> ERUNT... double-click ERUNT from the menu.
  3. In the next menu under C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT\DD-MM-YYYY under Backup options make sure both the following are selected:
    • System registry.
    • Current user registry.
    After a short duration the Registry backup is complete! pop-up message will appear.
< STOP > If you did not successfully complete this step. < STOP > Do not continue with any other steps, post back and let me know!

Step 2.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  1. Please start MBAM (Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) again.
  2. Press the Update tab.. then press the Check for Updates...button. <<---Important!
    Once any updates are installed or you get the message that you are up-to-date
  3. Press the Scanner tab...
  4. Select FULL SCAN this time... then press the Scan...button. This scan will take a while, so please be patient.
    When the scan finishes...
  5. Check everything to be removed, except the System Volume entries
  6. Let MBAM remove what it can... if there are files to be deleted on reboot... please reboot the machine so MBAM can finish the removal.
    If you rebooted, then you'll need to start MBAM again.
  7. Press the LOG... tab. Locate the most current log file.
    Please copy and paste the most recent log (from this new run) in your next reply.

Step 3.
ESET NOD32 Online Scan
Note: You - will - need to use Internet Explorer for this scan!
Please temporarily disable your Anti-virus real-time protection. If active, it could impact the online scan.
Please go to ESET Online Scanner - © ESET All Rights Reserved... to run an online scan.
** Make sure you are using an account that has Administrative privileges **
    Press the "ESET Online Scanner" button.
  1. Check the box next to "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  2. Click "Start"... a window will open... it may appear nothing is happening... please be patient.
  3. Click Yes... at the run ActiveX prompt. Click Install... at the install ActiveX prompt.
    Once installed, the scanner will be initialized.
  4. Click "Start". Make sure that the options:
    • Remove found threats is UNCHECKED
    • Leave the "default" settings under Advanced as they are, if not set , please check:
      • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
      • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
      • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  5. Click "Start"... ESET scanner will begin to download the virus signatures database.
    When the signatures have been downloaded, the scan will start automatically.
  6. Wait for the scan to finish... it may take a while... please be patient. When the scan is finished...
  7. Use Notepad to open the log file located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  8. Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
Remember to enable your Anti-virus protection... before continuing!

Step 4.
Re-run - RSIT (Random's System Information Tool)
You should still have this program on your desktop.
  1. Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.
  2. Please read the disclaimer... click on Continue.
    RSIT will start running. When done... ONLY the "C:\RSIT\log.txt"...will be reproduced.<<will be maximized
  3. Please post ONLY the "log.txt", file contents in your next reply.

Step 5.
  2. MBAM full scan results.
  3. ESET online scan results.
  4. New RSIT log.txt file contents.
  5. How is the computer behaving?
Thanks,
Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby little_l » January 30th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Hi Wingman--

1.) Ran ERUNT

2.) Ran full scan Malwarebytes (log posted below). Only files found were in the System Volume folder, and as I understood your instructions I should NOT remove those.

3.) Trouble with ESET online scanner. We don't normally use IE, so not sure if it is an issue with that, but when clicking on the link in your message I got the following page result

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getLinkedPagesList() in /htdocs/buxus/includes/generate_functions.php(96) : eval()'d code on line 1290

Don't want to search for another link or source for the site without your guidance.

Meanwhile, in the midst of the full Malwarebytes scan, received 2 warnings that Avast Avast found viruses. I opted to move them to the quarantine box. I can't seem to copy/paste info from the Avast quarantine box (likely a good thing, I suppose), so will transcribe the info below:

File name: MDM_Util.exe
Original Location: C:\Program Files\ModemHelper
Virus: Win32:Malware_gen

File name: A0195456.exe
Original Location: C:\SystemVolumeInformation\_restore{CCA15F78-7193-4CA6-8115-2B570DD646C}\RP734
Virus: Win32:Malware-gen

So... for the moment, standing by.... Thanks! LP

Malwarebytes Log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3660
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

1/30/2010 12:28:51 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-30 (12-28-51).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 196101
Time elapsed: 15 hour(s), 8 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCA15F78-7193-4CA6-8115-2B570DD6546C}\RP730\A0195186.sys (Malware.Trace) -> Not selected for removal.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCA15F78-7193-4CA6-8115-2B570DD6546C}\RP730\A0195213.com (Trojan.Agent) -> Not selected for removal.
little_l

Unread postby Wingman » January 31st, 2010, 12:24 am

Hello little_l
3.) Trouble with ESET online scanner. We don't normally use IE, so not sure if it is an issue with that...
Yes... The error you got is because you used Firefox, not Internet Explorer as you were instructed. We can try a different online scanner.
As far as the 4 files found (2) by Avast, (2) by MBAM... 3 of them:
Avast
C:\SystemVolumeInformation\_restore{CCA15F78-7193-4CA6-8115-2B570DD646C}\RP734 (no file given)
MBAM
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCA15F78-7193-4CA6-8115-2B570DD6546C}\RP730\A0195186.sys
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCA15F78-7193-4CA6-8115-2B570DD6546C}\RP730\A0195213.com
...these files are found in old System Restore Points. System Restore doesn't know if the files it copies are bad or good... it just creates a SRP (System Restore Point). We will be getting rid of these old SRPs when we are finished. It's better to have an infected SRP, then none at all... that's why we ask you NOT to delete these "System Volume Information" entries.
The other file MDM_Util.exe we can check or you can leave in Avast's quarantine. If you notice any problems or error messages with that file name, let me know and we'll have the file checked through an online file scanner. Sometimes anti-virus programs report a "false positive" which is when a good file is flagged as being bad, usually through some generic, heuristic type scanning.

Step 1.
Kaspersky Online Scanner.
Please go to Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner © Kaspersky Lab to perform an online antivirus scan.
  1. Read the "Advantages - Requirements and Limitations" then press... the ACCEPT...button.
    The latest program and definition files will be downloaded. It takes time, please be patient, let it finish.
  2. Once the files have been downloaded, click on the SETTINGS...button.
    In the scan settings make sure the following are selected:
    • Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
      Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
    • Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
      Archives
      Mail databases
      By default the above items should already be checked.
    • Click the SAVE...button, if you made any changes.
  3. Now under the Scan section on the left:
      Select My Computer
    The program will start scanning your system. This takes a while, be patient... let it run.
    Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  4. Save the scan results as a Text file ... save it to your desktop.
  5. Copy and paste the saved scan results file in your next reply.

Step 2.
Re-run - RSIT (Random's System Information Tool)
You should still have this program on your desktop.
  1. Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.
  2. Please read the disclaimer... click on Continue.
    RSIT will start running. When done... ONLY the "C:\RSIT\log.txt"...will be reproduced.<<will be maximized
  3. Please post ONLY the "log.txt", file contents in your next reply.

Step 3.
  2. KAS scan results.
  3. New RSIT log.txt file contents.
Thanks,
Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby little_l » January 31st, 2010, 12:37 am

Hi Wingman--

For clarification, I WAS using IE when I got the error message (was NOT using Firefox), so that cannot be the reason. Perhaps because the version of IE is old (as I said, we don't use it, so it hasn't been updated).

Am checking into Kaspersky now... LP
little_l

Unread postby little_l » January 31st, 2010, 12:43 am

Wingman--

Kaspersky requires Java 1.5 or later (looks like I've got 1.4). Okay to download new Java? (this is sort of where I was with IE, didn't want to go against your directive and install new software)

LP
little_l

Unread postby Wingman » January 31st, 2010, 1:27 am

Hello little_l
OK... IE should already be installed with Windows XP, unless you uninstalled it, there wouldn't need to be any installation.
Part of my plan was to have you update a couple of applications, as they outdated and pose a security risk. Now is as good a time as any to get these updates performed. Thank you for checking first, before trying to install anything. It's much appreciated. :)

Attention: Print these instructions or copy them. You will be closing your browser during the Adobe Reader and Java updates!!

Step 1.
Update Adobe Reader
Your version of Adobe Reader is out-of-date. There are serious security issues with older versions of Adobe Reader.
I'm not asking you to update the Adobe Acrobat installation... this can be quite costly. I am going to insist that you update your Adobe Reader software.
Then use the Reader for viewing PDF files... you can use the Acrobat software for your other needs.

Please download the current version (9.3) of Adobe Reader...Copyright © Adobe Systems Inc.
Please UNCHECK the box for the: Free McAfee Security Scan.
  1. Click the yellow "Download now"... button. If you don't already have Adobe DLM... you may receive a prompt...
  2. If prompted to install "Adobe DLM" This software is not a requirement to obtain the latest Adobe Reader software...so the choice is yours.
    The Adobe (DLM) Download Manager... allows you to "pick up where you left off", if your download process is interrupted. A good idea if you are using dial-up.
    If you choose to install Adobe DLM, it will start the download automatically. Adobe DLM software removal instructions available here...if wanted.
  3. If not using Adobe DLM...click on the highlighted "click here to download" text, to begin the Reader download.
    Save the file to your desktop.
    Uninstall OLD Adobe Reader
  4. Please uninstall Adobe Reader before installing the latest version... Go to Start > Control Panel
  5. Double click on Add/Remove Programs... Locate and remove any older versions of Adobe Reader.
  6. Click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. Once uninstalled... Close and exit Control Panel.
    Install NEW Adobe Reader
  7. Click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader (AdbeRdrxx_en_US.exe) icon, on your desktop... to install the new (free) version.
    The Adobe Reader download file name will be different, depending on the language or OS chosen. xx in the name = version numbers.
  8. The Adobe installer will check your system and begin the installation process. Use the default installation parameters.
  9. When the installation is complete... Close and re-open your Internet browser.
An alternate to Adobe Reader, you could try the free (for personal use) Foxit-Reader. It's a smaller download and when installed, uses less resources than Adobe Reader. Note: Let me know if interested in Foxit-Reader and I will provide safe download and installation instructions.

Step 2.
Java Update Needed!
Your Java is out of date.
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older versions of Java components and update:

Attention: Print these instructions or copy them. You will be closing your browser!!

DOWNLOAD UPDATED VERSION
  1. Get the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)... © Sun Microsystems, Inc.
  2. Look for "JDK 6 Update 18 (JDK or JRE)"
  3. Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  4. Select your Platform: "Windows"... then check "I agree to the (current update version) License Agreement.".
  5. Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  6. Locate the entry for Windows Offline Installation and click on the file name, save the file to your desktop.
    Dial-up users: You may want to check the "Windows Offline Installation" box and opt to use...
    "Download Selected with Sun Download Manager". The download can be restarted, in case it's interrupted.
<STOP> Do not install the new version of Java yet. We need to do some cleanup first!

REMOVE OLD JAVA VERSIONS
  1. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  2. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
  3. Double-click on Add/Remove Programs ...remove all older versions of Java.
  4. Locate the following program(s):
    Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
  5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button...follow any onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  6. When all Java components are removed... Exit Add/remove Programs and Control Panel.
    Delete old Java Folder
    • Right click on the Start...button.
    • Select Explore...from the menu.
    • Navigate to and find the following folder: if found, delete it.
      It's possible it may have been removed by the uninstall steps
      C:\Program Files\Java\ <==== delete this entire folder
    • When finished, close and exit Explorer.
INSTALL UPDATED VERSION
  1. Close all open applications (standard), especially your browser.
  2. From desktop... double-click on jre-6u18-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
  3. Follow the on-screen directions...when installation is completed successfully, reboot your computer normally.
  4. Once the computer has been restarted, you can delete the "downloaded" installation file from your desktop.
OPTIONAL:
To prevent an unnecessary JAVA component from running when you boot your computer each time...
  1. Go to Control Panel... click on the JAVA icon.
  2. Press the Advanced tab. Press the [+] to expand the "Miscellaneous" options.
  3. UNCHECK "Java Quick Starter".
  4. Press Apply and OK... then close the Java Control Panel. close and exit Control Panel.
If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Google Toolbar unless you want it.

Step 3.
Kaspersky Online Scanner.
Please go to Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner © Kaspersky Lab to perform an online antivirus scan.
  1. Read the "Advantages - Requirements and Limitations" then press... the ACCEPT...button.
    The latest program and definition files will be downloaded. It takes time, please be patient, let it finish.
  2. Once the files have been downloaded, click on the SETTINGS...button.
    In the scan settings make sure the following are selected:
    • Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
      Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
    • Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
      Archives
      Mail databases
      By default the above items should already be checked.
    • Click the SAVE...button, if you made any changes.
  3. Now under the Scan section on the left:
      Select My Computer
    The program will start scanning your system. This takes a while, be patient... let it run.
    Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  4. Save the scan results as a Text file ... save it to your desktop.
  5. Copy and paste the saved scan results file in your next reply.

Step 4.
RSIT (Random's System Information Tool) - Note changes in instructions.
You should still have this program on your desktop. If so, just ignore the download instructions.
Please download RSIT by random/random... save it to your desktop.
Attention!
In order for both info and log files to be produced again, I need you to delete the existing RSIT folder:
  1. C:\RSIT <-- delete this entire folder , then...

2. Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.
  3. Please read the disclaimer... click on Continue.
    RSIT will start running. When done... 2 (Notepad) text files...will be produced.
    The first one, "log.txt", <<will be maximized... the second one, "info.txt", <<will be minimized.
    These log files can be found in the C:\RSIT folder
  4. Please post both... "log.txt" and "info.txt", file contents in your next reply.

Step 5.
  2. KAS scan results.
  3. New RSIT log.txt and info.txt file contents.
Thanks,
Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby little_l » January 31st, 2010, 10:27 pm

Hi Wingman--

You are right: Internet Explorer was installed with Windows, but since I never use it, I never update it (so it is an ancient version... which apparently would not work with the program suggested previously).

1.) Updated Adobe Reader; HOWEVER, I did not uninstall older version/updates of reader, as all updates were bundled with my acrobat. Adobe Reader 9 installed and appears distinctly from my old 6.0 Acrobat, so it seems like updated went well (just wanted to alert you of not removing prior bundled updates). Let me know if there's something else I should do about this.

2.) Updated Java
Only problem in following instructions was that after uninstalling Java & deleting folders, the download wouldn't run. I went back to Java and received the following error message:

We were unable to detect a recent version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) on your system. With the latest JRE, you can automatically download, install, and run Sun Download Manager (SDM) directly from this page. We highly recommend SDM to easily manage your downloads (pause, resume, restart, verify, and more). Visit java.com for the latest JRE.

I successfully managed a new download, which installed just dandy. Could not find check box to opt out of Google toolbar in Java control panel (no big deal, but not clear where that might be...) All looked good, so went ahead to Kapersky.

3.) Ran Kapersky, but after it was finished I saw the notice about possible conflict with other anti-virus software, so re-ran it with Avast turned off. Both 1st & 2nd logs posted below.

4.) Ran RSIT, but results did not produce 2 logs. The log.txt. file was produced and maximized as you said it would be, but the info.txt file was not evident--not minimized or otherwise evident. Looked in C:\rsit folder and while there is a info.txt file, the creation/mod date is 1/24/2010 (when we ran it previously). I'll post it here anyway, but let me know if you want me to delete those files and run it again.

5.) Computer seems to be running well. Only unusual occurrence was when logging off as one user, couldn't get the cursor to click into the password area to log on as an other user. Restarted and was able to log on, but haven't yet had a chance to try the log off/log on switch yet.

Whew! Seems like we're almost there (maybe?) Standing by for further info.... Many thanks! LP

**************** 1st Kapersky Log *****************************

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Sunday, January 31, 2010 21:55:42
Records in database: 3392986
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\

Scan statistics:
Objects scanned: 0
Threats found: 0
Infected objects found: 0
Suspicious objects found: 0
Scan duration: 0

No threats found. Scanned area is clean.

Selected area has been scanned.

**************** 2nd Kapersky Log *****************************

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Sunday, January 31, 2010 21:55:42
Records in database: 3392986

Scan settings:
scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\

Scan statistics:
Objects scanned: 47239
Threats found: 0
Infected objects found: 0
Suspicious objects found: 0
Scan duration: 00:52:30

No threats found. Scanned area is clean.

Selected area has been scanned.

************** RSIT log.txt *******************

Logfile of random's system information tool 1.06 (written by random/random)
Run by Bill Quaccia at 2010-01-31 16:54:20
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
System drive C: has 4 GB (15%) free of 29 GB
Total RAM: 511 MB (46% free)

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:54:44 PM, on 1/31/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\basfipm.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Bill Quaccia\Desktop\RSIT.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Bill Quaccia.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - {F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - {F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom ASF IP monitoring service v6.0.3 (BAsfIpM) - Broadcom Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\basfipm.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 7132 bytes

======Registry dump======

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}]
Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll [2009-12-21 61888]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3}]
Adobe PDF Link Helper - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll [2009-12-21 75200]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910}]
AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll [2003-05-15 147456]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9}]
Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll [2010-01-31 41760]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C}]
JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll [2010-01-31 79648]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA}]
ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL [2007-12-30 262144]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
{47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - Adobe PDF - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll [2003-05-15 147456]
{F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL [2007-12-30 262144]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"=C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll [2004-10-26 4632576]
"nwiz"=nwiz.exe /installquiet []
"Apoint"=C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe [2004-02-02 155648]
"Dell QuickSet"=C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe [2004-03-04 487424]
"DVDSentry"=C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe [2002-07-17 28672]
"AdaptecDirectCD"=C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe [2002-12-17 684032]
"avast!"=C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe [2009-11-24 81000]
"TkBellExe"=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe [2005-05-19 180269]
"Picasa Media Detector"=C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe [2006-06-14 249926]
"Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer"=C:\WINDOWS\KHALMNPR.EXE [2006-01-20 28160]
"ZoneAlarm Client"=C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe [2009-02-15 981384]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe [2009-12-22 35760]
"Adobe ARM"=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe [2009-12-11 948672]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe [2010-01-11 246504]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ctfmon.exe"=C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe [2008-04-13 15360]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Acrobat Assistant.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
Digital Line Detect.lnk - C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaLogon.dll [2009-03-10 239496]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\network\Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\network\vsmon]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=0
"legalnoticecaption"=
"legalnoticetext"=
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=1
"undockwithoutlogon"=1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=323
"NoDriveAutoRun"=67108863
"NoDrives"=0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\explorer]
"HonorAutoRunSetting"=
"NoDriveAutoRun"=
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=
"NoDrives"=

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

======List of files/folders created in the last 1 months======

2010-01-31 11:09:17 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sun
2010-01-31 11:09:16 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java
2010-01-31 11:08:48 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaws.exe
2010-01-31 11:08:48 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe
2010-01-31 11:08:48 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe
2010-01-31 11:08:48 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\deploytk.dll
2010-01-31 11:08:13 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Java
2010-01-27 17:31:05 ----D---- C:\_OTM
2010-01-25 19:45:16 ----A---- C:\ComboFix.txt
2010-01-25 17:00:24 ----A---- C:\Boot.bak
2010-01-25 17:00:18 ----RASHD---- C:\cmdcons
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\zip.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SWXCACLS.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SWSC.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SWREG.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\sed.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\PEV.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\NIRCMD.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\MBR.exe
2010-01-25 16:57:52 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\grep.exe
2010-01-25 16:56:37 ----D---- C:\Qoobox
2010-01-24 16:16:55 ----D---- C:\rsit
2010-01-24 16:08:47 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT
2010-01-24 16:02:18 ----D---- C:\Program Files\ERUNT
2010-01-18 18:07:12 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\Bill Quaccia\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-01-18 18:07:03 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-01-18 18:07:02 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-01-18 13:44:02 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsdelete.exe
2010-01-18 11:17:43 ----DC---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE
2010-01-18 11:14:50 ----HDC---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{BC9FCCF7-E686-494B-8C9B-55C9A39A7CA9}
2010-01-14 09:21:16 ----HDC---- C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB955759$
2010-01-14 09:20:54 ----HDC---- C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB972270$

======List of files/folders modified in the last 1 months======

2010-01-31 16:54:34 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
2010-01-31 15:29:31 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\Temp
2010-01-31 13:57:38 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs
2010-01-31 11:23:13 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
2010-01-31 11:22:21 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2
2010-01-31 11:12:41 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_Conexant D480 MDC V.9x Modem.txt
2010-01-31 11:11:09 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt
2010-01-31 11:09:17 ----SHD---- C:\WINDOWS\Installer
2010-01-31 11:09:16 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Common Files
2010-01-31 11:08:48 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
2010-01-31 11:08:13 ----RD---- C:\Program Files
2010-01-31 10:51:12 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\appmgmt
2010-01-31 10:25:52 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe
2010-01-31 10:25:07 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
2010-01-31 10:23:54 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Adobe
2010-01-30 12:40:51 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\network diagnostic
2010-01-30 10:44:04 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Modem Helper
2010-01-27 17:31:16 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS
2010-01-27 07:01:24 ----SHD---- C:\RECYCLER
2010-01-25 19:45:19 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS
2010-01-25 19:38:15 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system.ini
2010-01-25 17:17:00 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\CONFIG
2010-01-25 17:14:36 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch
2010-01-25 17:00:25 ----RASH---- C:\BOOT.INI
2010-01-25 16:52:59 ----SD---- C:\WINDOWS\Tasks
2010-01-23 07:58:40 ----HD---- C:\WINDOWS\INF
2010-01-23 07:57:27 ----RSHD---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\DLLCACHE
2010-01-23 07:57:21 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
2010-01-23 07:56:24 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates
2010-01-23 07:53:19 ----HD---- C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$
2010-01-19 07:33:42 ----HDC---- C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB955839$
2010-01-18 11:12:54 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2010-01-18 11:12:42 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS
2010-01-18 11:12:21 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2010-01-18 10:16:46 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2010-01-18 10:05:02 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\PerfStringBackup.INI
2010-01-14 09:21:22 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\imsins.BAK
2010-01-04 15:17:46 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\MRT.exe

======List of drivers (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R1 Aavmker4;avast! Asynchronous Virus Monitor; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Aavmker4.sys [2009-11-24 27408]
R1 aswSP;avast! Self Protection; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys [2009-11-24 114768]
R1 aswTdi;avast! Network Shield Support; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswTdi.sys [2009-11-24 48560]
R1 Cdr4_xp;Cdr4_xp; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys [2002-12-17 61424]
R1 Cdralw2k;Cdralw2k; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys [2002-12-17 23436]
R1 cdudf_xp;cdudf_xp; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cdudf_xp.sys [2002-12-17 241152]
R1 intelppm;Intel Processor Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys [2008-04-13 36352]
R1 omci;OMCI WDM Device Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\omci.sys [2004-02-13 17153]
R1 pwd_2k;pwd_2k; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys [2004-07-19 143834]
R1 UdfReadr_xp;UdfReadr_xp; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UdfReadr_xp.sys [2004-07-19 206464]
R1 WS2IFSL;Windows Socket 2.0 Non-IFS Service Provider Support Environment; C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\ws2ifsl.sys [2004-03-19 12032]
R2 aswFsBlk;aswFsBlk; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\aswFsBlk.sys [2009-11-24 20560]
R2 aswMon2;avast! Standard Shield Support; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswMon2.sys [2009-11-24 94160]
R2 BASFND;BASFND; \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\BASFND.sys []
R2 mdmxsdk;mdmxsdk; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\mdmxsdk.sys [2003-04-09 11043]
R2 vsdatant;vsdatant; C:\WINDOWS\System32\vsdatant.sys [2009-02-15 353672]
R3 ApfiltrService;Alps Touch Pad Filter Driver for Windows 2000/XP; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\Apfiltr.sys [2003-08-21 94600]
R3 Arp1394;1394 ARP Client Protocol; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys [2008-04-13 60800]
R3 aswRdr;aswRdr; \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\aswRdr.sys []
R3 b57w2k;Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\b57xp32.sys [2003-05-21 175360]
R3 BCM43XX;Dell Wireless WLAN Card Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\bcmwl5.sys [2004-06-25 341760]
R3 CmBatt;Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CmBatt.sys [2008-04-13 13952]
R3 GTICARD;GTICARD; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\gticard.sys [2003-02-14 59328]
R3 HSF_DP;HSF_DP; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\HSF_DP.sys [2003-07-03 1063936]
R3 HSFHWICH;HSFHWICH; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\HSFHWICH.sys [2003-07-03 189056]
R3 mmc_2K;mmc_2K; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mmc_2K.sys [2004-07-19 30630]
R3 NIC1394;1394 Net Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\nic1394.sys [2008-04-13 61824]
R3 nv;nv; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys [2004-10-26 2830688]
R3 STAC97;Audio Driver (WDM) - SigmaTel CODEC; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\STAC97.sys [2003-04-25 220176]
R3 tiumfwl;tiumfwl; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tiumfwl.sys [2003-02-14 42060]
R3 usbehci;Microsoft USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Miniport Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys [2008-04-13 30208]
R3 usbhub;USB2 Enabled Hub; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys [2008-04-13 59520]
R3 usbuhci;Microsoft USB Universal Host Controller Miniport Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys [2008-04-13 20608]
R3 winachsf;winachsf; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.sys [2003-07-03 631680]
S1 kbdhid;Keyboard HID Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys [2008-04-13 14592]
S3 bvrp_pci;bvrp_pci; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bvrp_pci.sys []
S3 catchme;catchme; \??\C:\ComboFix\catchme.sys []
S3 dot4;MS IEEE-1284.4 Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\Dot4.sys [2008-04-13 206976]
S3 Dot4Print;Print Class Driver for IEEE-1284.4; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\Dot4Prt.sys [2001-08-17 12928]
S3 Dot4Scan;Scan Class Driver for IEEE-1284.4; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\Dot4Scan.sys [2001-08-17 8704]
S3 dot4usb;Dot4USB Filter Dot4USB Filter; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\dot4usb.sys [2001-08-17 23808]
S3 dvd_2K;dvd_2K; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dvd_2K.sys [2004-07-19 25898]
S3 gv3;Intel GV3 Processor Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\gv3.sys [2002-11-18 30976]
S3 HidUsb;Microsoft HID Class Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys [2008-04-13 10368]
S3 LHidKe;Logitech SetPoint HID Mouse Filter Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\LHidKE.Sys [2006-01-20 27776]
S3 LHidUsbK;Logitech SetPoint USB Receiver device driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\LHidUsbK.Sys [2006-01-20 36608]
S3 LMouKE;Logitech SetPoint Mouse Filter Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\LMouKE.Sys [2006-01-20 69376]
S3 mouhid;Mouse HID Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys [2001-08-17 12160]
S3 usbccgp;Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys [2008-04-13 32128]
S3 usbprint;Microsoft USB PRINTER Class; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys [2008-04-13 25856]
S3 USBSTOR;USB Mass Storage Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS [2008-04-13 26368]
S4 agpCPQ;Compaq AGP Bus Filter; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\agpCPQ.sys [2008-04-13 44928]
S4 alim1541;ALI AGP Bus Filter; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\alim1541.sys [2008-04-13 42752]
S4 amdagp;AMD AGP Bus Filter Driver; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\amdagp.sys [2008-04-13 43008]
S4 cbidf;cbidf; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\cbidf2k.sys [2001-08-17 13952]
S4 sisagp;SIS AGP Bus Filter; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\sisagp.sys [2008-04-13 40960]
S4 viaagp;VIA AGP Bus Filter; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\viaagp.sys [2008-04-13 42240]

======List of services (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R2 aswUpdSv;avast! iAVS4 Control Service; C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe [2009-11-24 18752]
R2 avast! Antivirus;avast! Antivirus; C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe [2009-11-24 138680]
R2 BAsfIpM;Broadcom ASF IP monitoring service v6.0.3; C:\WINDOWS\System32\basfipm.exe [2003-04-17 77824]
R2 JavaQuickStarterService;Java Quick Starter; C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe [2010-01-31 153376]
R2 MDM;Machine Debug Manager; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE [2003-06-19 322120]
R2 UMWdf;Windows User Mode Driver Framework; C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe [2005-01-28 38912]
R2 vsmon;TrueVector Internet Monitor; C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe [2009-02-15 2402184]
R2 WLTRYSVC;WLTRYSVC; C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE [2004-06-25 45056]
R3 avast! Mail Scanner;avast! Mail Scanner; C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe [2009-11-24 254040]
S2 Fax;Fax; C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe [2008-04-13 267776]
S2 nvsvc;NVIDIA Display Driver Service; C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe []
S3 aspnet_state;ASP.NET State Service; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe [2008-07-25 34312]
S3 avast! Web Scanner;avast! Web Scanner; C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe [2009-11-24 352920]
S3 clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32;.NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe [2008-07-25 69632]
S3 FontCache3.0.0.0;Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0; c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe [2008-07-29 46104]
S3 idsvc;Windows CardSpace; c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe [2008-07-29 881664]
S3 Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service; C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe [2009-12-02 1184912]
S3 LBTServ;Logitech Bluetooth Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe []
S3 ose;Office Source Engine; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE [2003-07-28 89136]
S3 SPTISRV;Sony SPTI Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe [2002-03-13 65536]
S4 NetTcpPortSharing;Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service; c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe [2008-07-29 132096]

-----------------EOF-----------------

******************* RSIT info.txt ***********************

info.txt logfile of random's system information tool 1.06 2010-01-24 16:17:21

======Uninstall list======

-->C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
-->C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fC:\WINDOWS\orun32.isu
-->rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Ad-Aware-->"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{BC9FCCF7-E686-494B-8C9B-55C9A39A7CA9}\Ad-AwareInstallation.exe" REMOVE=TRUE MODIFY=FALSE
Ad-Aware-->C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\{BC9FCCF7-E686-494B-8C9B-55C9A39A7CA9}\Ad-AwareInstallation.exe
Adobe Acrobat - Reader 6.0.2 Update-->MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-0000-0000-0000-6028747ADE01}
Adobe Acrobat 6.0.1 Standard-->MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-1033-0000-BA7E-000000000001}
Adobe Acrobat and Reader 6.0.3 Update-->MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-0000-7EC8-7489-000000000603}
Adobe Acrobat and Reader 6.0.4 Update-->MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-0000-7EC8-7489-000000000604}
Adobe Acrobat and Reader 6.0.5 Update-->MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-0000-7EC8-7489-000000000605}
Adobe Acrobat and Reader 6.0.6 Update-->MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-0000-7EC8-7489-000000000606}
Adobe Atmosphere Player for Acrobat and Adobe Reader-->C:\WINDOWS\atmoUn.exe
Adobe Download Manager-->"C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_Helper.dll",Uninstall /IE2883E8F-472F-4fb0-9522-AC9BF37916A7 /Get1
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX-->C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin-->C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_plugin.exe
ALPS Touch Pad Driver-->C:\Program Files\Apoint\Uninstap.exe ADDREMOVE
AnswerWorks 4.0 Runtime - English-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{7DD9A065-2C86-4A9F-A5FF-796EC1B99DCA}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
avast! Antivirus-->C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswRunDll.exe "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\setiface.dll",RunSetup
Broadcom 802.11 Control Panel-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\BCMWLU00.exe verbose /rootkey=Software\Broadcom\802.11_App\UninstallInfo
Broadcom 802.11 Driver-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\BCMWLU00.exe verbose /rootkey=Software\Broadcom\802.11\UninstallInfo
Broadcom Advanced Control Suite-->C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\7\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{89EE857B-8970-4F9F-AB58-A1C873AC72B3} /l1033
Broadcom ASF Management Applications-->C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\7\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{25D24E84-64A9-40D2-85CF-540B1C4A6D52} /l1033
Conexant D480 MDC V.9x Modem-->C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\CNXT_MODEM_PCI_VEN_8086&DEV_24x6&SUBSYS_542214F1\HXFSETUP.EXE -U -Idel5422k.inf
Dell Solution Center-->MsiExec.exe /X{11F1920A-56A2-4642-B6E0-3B31A12C9288}
Digital Line Detect-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E646DCF0-5A68-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanelAnyText
DiMAGE Viewer-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{976EA7B1-7562-483D-88DA-4323D263B7CD}\Setup.exe" -l0x9
DVDSentry-->MsiExec.exe /I{98DF85D9-96C0-4F57-A92E-C3539477EF5E}
Easy CD Creator 5 Basic-->MsiExec.exe /I{609F7AC8-C510-11D4-A788-009027ABA5D0}
ERUNT 1.1j-->"C:\Program Files\ERUNT\unins000.exe"
HijackThis 2.0.2-->"C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe" /uninstall
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /package {CE2CDD62-0124-36CA-84D3-9F4DCF5C5BD9} /uninstall /qb+ REBOOTPROMPT=""
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /package {CE2CDD62-0124-36CA-84D3-9F4DCF5C5BD9} /uninstall {A7EEA2F2-BFCD-4A54-A575-7B81A786E658} /qb+ REBOOTPROMPT=""
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB952287$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB961118)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB961118$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB970653-v3)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB970653-v3$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB976098-v2)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB976098-v2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
InterVideo WinDVD-->"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{98E8A2EF-4EAE-43B8-A172-74842B764777}\setup.exe" REMOVEALL
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03-->MsiExec.exe /I{7148F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0142030}
KhalInstallWrapper-->MsiExec.exe /I{3101CB58-3482-4D21-AF1A-7057FC935355}
Logitech SetPoint-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{2E8EAC71-BFE4-417A-88F0-5A1BDFBCF5D3}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware-->"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\unins000.exe"
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary/Thesaurus-->C:\WINDOWS\uninst.exe -f"C:\Program Files\Zane Publishing\MW Dictionary-Thesaurus\DeIsL3.isu"
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2-->MsiExec.exe /I{C09FB3CD-3D0C-3F2D-899A-6A1D67F2073F}
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2-->MsiExec.exe /I{A3051CD0-2F64-3813-A88D-B8DCCDE8F8C7}
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1-->C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1\setup.exe
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1-->MsiExec.exe /I{CE2CDD62-0124-36CA-84D3-9F4DCF5C5BD9}
Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003-->MsiExec.exe /I{91130409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable-->MsiExec.exe /X{7299052b-02a4-4627-81f2-1818da5d550d}
Modem Helper-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{7F142D56-3326-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanel
Mozilla Firefox (3.5.7)-->C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
Net MD Simple Burner-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{47E09785-B2FB-11D5-B8EE-00B0D0D26B88}\setup.exe" UNINSTALL
NetWaiting-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3F92ABBB-6BBF-11D5-B229-002078017FBF}\setup.exe" -l0x9 ControlPanelAnyText
NVIDIA Drivers-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvudisp.exe UninstallGUI
OpenMG Jukebox-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{1C877DA0-5EFF-11D4-9254-0000F460E7A9}\setup.exe" UNINSTALL
OpenMG Secure Module 3.0.03-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E84D2015-4FEB-40CC-A2DD-1A6B8BAC2429}\setup.exe" UNINSTALL
Picasa 2-->"C:\Program Files\Picasa2\Uninstall.exe"
QuickSet-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{C5074CC4-0E26-4716-A307-960272A90040}\setup.exe" -l0x9 UNINSTALL
QuickTime-->C:\WINDOWS\unvise32qt.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\QuickTime\Uninstall.log
RealPlayer-->C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\r1puninst.exe RealNetworks|RealPlayer|6.0
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB923723$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB971961)-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates\KB971961-IE8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB972260)-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates\KB972260-IE8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB974455)-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates\KB974455-IE8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB976325)-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates\KB976325-IE8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB978207)-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates\KB978207-IE8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB952069_WM9$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB954155)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB954155_WM9$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB968816)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB968816_WM9$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB973540)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973540_WM9$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923561)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB923561$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB938464$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464-v2)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB938464-v2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB941569$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB946648$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950760)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB950760$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB950762$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB950974$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951066$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951376-v2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951698$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951748$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952004)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB952004$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB952954$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB954211$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB954459$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB954600$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB955069$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956572)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB956572$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956744)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB956744$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB956802$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB956803$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB956841$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956844)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB956844$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB957097$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958215)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB958215$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB958644$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB958687$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958690)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB958690$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958869)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB958869$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB959426)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB959426$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960225)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB960225$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960714)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB960714$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960715)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB960715$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960803)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB960803$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB960859)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB960859$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961371)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB961371$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961373)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB961373$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB961501)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB961501$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB963027)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB963027$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB968537)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB968537$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969059)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB969059$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969897)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB969897$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969898)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB969898$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB969947)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB969947$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970238)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB970238$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB970430)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB970430$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971486)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB971486$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971557)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB971557$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971633)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB971633$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB971657)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB971657$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB972270)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB972270$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973346)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973346$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973354)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973354$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973507)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973507$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973525)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973525$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973869)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973869$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB973904)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973904$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974112)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB974112$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974318)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB974318$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974392)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB974392$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB974571)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB974571$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975025)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB975025$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Security Update for Windows XP (KB975467)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB975467$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Sony Net MD Help-->RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F6BECFE0-74CE-11D5-B8A3-00B0D0D26B88}\setup.exe" UNINSTALL
TaxACT 2003-->C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~1\Unta03.exe C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~1\Install.log
TaxACT 2004-->C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~2\Unta04.exe C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~2\Install.log
TaxACT 2005-->C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~3\Unta05.exe C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~3\Install.log
TaxACT 2006-->C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~4\Unta06.exe C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~4\Install.log
TaxACT New Hampshire 2003-->C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~1\Unst03.exe C:\PROGRA~1\2NDSTO~1\TAXACT~1\NH.log
TurboTax Deluxe 2007-->C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Deluxe 2007\TaxUnst.EXE "C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Deluxe 2007\Uninstall.log" -NoGui
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /package {CE2CDD62-0124-36CA-84D3-9F4DCF5C5BD9} /uninstall {B2AE9C82-DC7B-3641-BFC8-87275C4F3607} /qb+ REBOOTPROMPT=""
Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB972636)-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates\KB972636-IE8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB976749)-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8updates\KB976749-IE8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB951978)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951978$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB955759)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB955759$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB955839$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB967715)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB967715$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB968389)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB968389$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB971737)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB971737$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB973687)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973687$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Update for Windows XP (KB973815)-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB973815$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
VC 9.0 Runtime-->MsiExec.exe /I{02E89EFC-7B07-4D5A-AA03-9EC0902914EE}
VC 9.0 Runtime-->MsiExec.exe /I{A040AC77-C1AA-4CC9-8931-9F648AF178F6}
Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - (v9.0.30729)-->MsiExec.exe /X{F333A33D-125C-32A2-8DCE-5C5D14231E27}
Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - v9.0.30729.01-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /x {F333A33D-125C-32A2-8DCE-5C5D14231E27} /qb+ REBOOTPROMPT=""
Windows Internet Explorer 8-->"C:\WINDOWS\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
Windows Media Format Runtime-->"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmsetsdk.exe" /UninstallAll
Windows XP Service Pack 3-->"C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuninst.exe"
ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker-->rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ZONEAL~1\bar\1.bin\SpyBlock.dll,O
ZoneAlarm-->C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe

=====HijackThis Backups=====

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smss32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss32.exe [2010-01-18]
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Internet Security 2010] C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe [2010-01-18]

======Security center information======

AV: avast! antivirus 4.8.1368 [VPS 100124-1]
FW: ZoneAlarm Firewall

======System event log======

Computer Name: FRIDAY
Event Code: 1003
Message: Error code 1000000a, parameter1 0112a944, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 804dbe9b.

Record Number: 15578
Source Name: System Error
Time Written: 20091101101803.000000-480
Event Type: error
User:

Event Code: 4
Message: Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Record Number: 15575
Source Name: b57w2k
Time Written: 20091101101605.000000-480
Event Type: warning
User:

Event Code: 1003
Message: Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the
DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 009096C32478. The following
error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user.
Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from
the network address (DHCP) server.

Record Number: 15563
Source Name: Dhcp
Time Written: 20091031174006.000000-480
User:

Message: Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Record Number: 15560
Time Written: 20091031173907.000000-480
User:

Record Number: 15553
Time Written: 20091031131740.000000-480
User:

=====Application event log=====

Event Code: 1002
Message: Hanging application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20061.20418, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Record Number: 2252
Source Name: Application Hang
Time Written: 20080219175758.000000-540
User:

Event Code: 1002
Message: Hanging application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20061.20418, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Record Number: 2249
Source Name: Application Hang
Time Written: 20080219174337.000000-540
User:

Event Code: 1102
Message: .NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Succesfully compiled: System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Record Number: 2231
Source Name: .NET Runtime Optimization Service
Time Written: 20080210125620.000000-540
Event Type:
User:

Message: .NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Succesfully compiled: System.Web.RegularExpressions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Record Number: 2229
Time Written: 20080210125616.000000-540
Event Type:
User:

Message: .NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Succesfully compiled: System.Web.Mobile, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Record Number: 2227
Time Written: 20080210125616.000000-540
Event Type:
User:

======Environment variables======

"ComSpec"=%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe
"Path"=%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adaptec Shared\System;"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier"
"windir"=%SystemRoot%
"OS"=Windows_NT
"PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE"=x86
"PROCESSOR_LEVEL"=6
"PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER"=x86 Family 6 Model 9 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel
"PROCESSOR_REVISION"=0905
"NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS"=1
"PATHEXT"=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
"TEMP"=%SystemRoot%\TEMP
"TMP"=%SystemRoot%\TEMP
"tvdumpflags"=8
"FP_NO_HOST_CHECK"=NO

-----------------EOF-----------------
little_l

Unread postby Wingman » February 1st, 2010, 9:05 am

Hello little_l
Good job... we're almost done! ;)

What you did for Adobe Reader is fine... I didn't want to impact your Adobe Acrobat installation. Please use the new Adobe Reader when viewing PDF files, as there are infections associated with PDF files and keeping your version of "Reader" updated is a good idea.
Don't know why there was a problem with the Java install... but sounds like you got it resolved. I believe the Google toolbar "install" option is shown when you try to update Java from the Control Panel applet.

KAS scan(s)... both were clean. The RSIT Info.txt file was not created, probably because the C:\RSIT folder was not deleted before running it again. The only reason I wanted to see the new Info.txt file was to verify the updates for Adobe Reader and Java, so a rerun is not really necessary.

Because we update Adobe Reader and Java, the installs placed some startup entries on the system... we can remove them now as they are not needed at startup time. These just use additional resources at startup and removing them from startup will not affect the functionality of the applications.

I also realize that as a result of the problems we had with the Legacy registry entries a while back... the remaining steps of those instructions were not run. So we need to get that done as well.

Please do not make any changes to your system: do not add or remove any software, run any scans or "fix" programs and/or remove any files unless instructed to do so, by me. Please read these instructions carefully before executing and then perform the steps, in the order given. lf, you have any questions or problems, executing these instructions, <<STOP>> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.

Step 1.
Please run this again, as changes may have occurred between the last run and now. Better to be safe than to be sorry.
Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it's always wise to create a backup before doing so.
Run:
    • System registry.
    • Current user registry.

Step 2.
IMPORTANT! You MUST delete the ComboFix.exe file on your desktop! BEFORE going to the next step!

Step 3.
ComboFix
Please download ImageComboFix.exe... © Copyrighted to sUBs. Save it to your desktop. <<--- IMPORTANT!! .
Alternate download sites: Mirror #2 or Mirror #3

ComboFix - CFScript
WARNING !
This script is for THIS user and computer ONLY! Using ComboFix incorrectly could damage your Operating System!

You will not have Internet access when you execute ComboFix. All open windows will need to be closed!

1. Please disable any Antivirus or Firewall you have active, as shown in this topic. Please close all open application windows.
  2. Please open Notepad and copy/paste all the text below... into the window:
    Code: Select all
    DEQUARANTINE::
    C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvsvc32.exe.vir

3. Save it to your desktop as CFScript.txt
  4. Please disable any Antivirus or Firewall you have active, as shown in this topic. Please close all open application windows.
  5. Drag the CFScript.txt (icon) into the ComboFix.exe icon... as seen in the image below:

This will cause ComboFix to run again.
    Do Not use your keyboard or mouse click anywhere in the ComboFix window, as this may cause the program to stall or crash.
    Do Not touch your computer when ComboFix is running!

When finished... Notepad will open ... ComboFix will produce a log file called "log.txt".
  6. Please copy/paste the contents of log.txt... in your next reply.

** Enable your Antivirus and Firewall, before connecting to the Internet again! **

Step ?.
Fix HijackThis entries
Important!
Please temporarily disable any anti-spyware programs you are using, listed Here
...so they will not interfere with the entries we will be fixing in HijackThis.
  1. Run HijackThis
    Located at C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Bill Quaccia.exe
    • If you are on the Main Menu page... Click "Do a system scan only"
    • If you are on the "scan & fix stuff" page... Press the Scan...button.
  2. When the scan finishes...Place a check mark next to the following entries (if they are still present):
      *Only check those items listed below*
      You can OPTIONALLY check these program entries. They automatically run at startup more for convenience than anything else and are available elsewhere, i.e. Start -> Programs. If you use HJT to fix them, you will save resources and increase system performance. Your choice.
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
  3. After checking these items... CLOSE ALL open windows except HijackThis
  4. Click the Fix Checked...button. Choose YES...when prompted to fix the selected items.
  5. Once it has fixed them, close HijackThis and reboot your computer normally.
Run HijackThis again...
    • If you are on the "scan & fix stuff" page... Press the Main Menu...button.
  1. On the Main Menu...click on the "Do a system scan and save a Log file"...button.
  2. When the scan is finished... Notepad will open with a saved log file called "hijackthis.log"
  3. Paste the contents of hijackthis.log file in your next reply.

Step 5.
  2. New Combo Fix log
  3. New HJT log
Thanks,
Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby little_l » February 2nd, 2010, 2:25 am

Hi Wingman--

1.) Whew! No problem executing instructions.

2.) ComboFix Log posted below. When ComboFix ran, it also created a text file named DeQuarantine.txt... any interest in that?

3.) Hijack This log posted below.

4.) Computer seems to be running dandy.

Almost finished? Many Thanks! Standing by.....LP

**************** Combo Fix Log **************************

ComboFix 10-02-01.02 - Bill Quaccia 02/01/2010 20:30:27.2.1 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.511.213 [GMT -9:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Bill Quaccia\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: c:\documents and settings\Bill Quaccia\Desktop\CFScript.txt
AV: avast! antivirus 4.8.1368 [VPS 100201-1] *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {7591DB91-41F0-48A3-B128-1A293FD8233D}
FW: ZoneAlarm Firewall *disabled* {829BDA32-94B3-44F4-8446-F8FCFF809F8B}

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-01-02 to 2010-02-02 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-02-02 05:30 . 2010-02-02 05:30 127044 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\nvsvc32.exe
2010-01-31 20:09 . 2010-01-31 20:09 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Java
2010-01-31 20:08 . 2010-01-31 20:08 411368 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll
2010-01-31 20:08 . 2010-01-31 20:08 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Java
2010-01-28 02:31 . 2010-01-28 02:31 -------- d-----w- C:\_OTM
2010-01-25 01:16 . 2010-01-25 01:17 -------- d-----w- C:\rsit
2010-01-25 01:02 . 2010-01-25 01:02 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\ERUNT
2010-01-19 03:07 . 2010-01-19 03:07 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Bill Quaccia\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-01-19 03:07 . 2010-01-08 01:07 38224 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2010-01-19 03:07 . 2010-01-19 03:07 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2010-01-19 03:07 . 2010-01-19 03:07 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2010-01-19 03:07 . 2010-01-08 01:07 19160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2010-01-18 22:44 . 2009-12-02 13:19 15880 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\lsdelete.exe
2010-01-18 20:17 . 2010-01-18 20:17 -------- dc----w- c:\windows\system32\DRVSTORE
2010-01-18 20:17 . 2009-12-02 13:19 64288 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\Lbd.sys
2010-01-18 20:14 . 2009-12-07 14:10 2953352 -c--a-w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{BC9FCCF7-E686-494B-8C9B-55C9A39A7CA9}\Ad-AwareInstallation.exe
2010-01-18 20:14 . 2010-01-18 20:15 -------- dc-h--w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\{BC9FCCF7-E686-494B-8C9B-55C9A39A7CA9}
2010-01-18 19:16 . 2010-01-18 19:15 6944624 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Update\aaw2008_upd.exe
2010-01-16 19:24 . 2009-11-24 23:50 20560 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswFsBlk.sys
2010-01-13 13:32 . 2009-11-21 15:51 471552 ------w- c:\windows\system32\dllcache\aclayers.dll

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-01-31 19:25 . 2004-07-19 23:23 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe
2010-01-30 19:44 . 2004-07-19 23:22 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Modem Helper
2010-01-25 00:53 . 2004-07-19 23:01 23778 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\nvModes.dat
2010-01-18 20:12 . 2005-01-28 16:04 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Lavasoft
2010-01-18 20:12 . 2005-04-21 04:44 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2010-01-18 19:16 . 2008-04-11 00:49 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2010-01-05 05:09 . 2007-01-30 19:52 23553772 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\tvDebug.zip
2009-12-21 19:14 . 2004-02-06 23:05 916480 ------w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2009-12-16 22:17 . 2009-12-16 22:43 2546688 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\xDB19.tmp
2009-12-09 07:44 . 2009-12-09 15:47 2541568 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\xDB18.tmp
2009-12-07 07:38 . 2009-12-07 15:46 2535424 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\xDB17.tmp
2009-11-24 23:54 . 2006-07-06 20:10 1280480 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\aswBoot.exe
2009-11-24 23:51 . 2005-01-28 16:31 93424 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon.sys
2009-11-24 23:50 . 2005-01-28 16:31 94160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon2.sys
2009-11-24 23:50 . 2008-04-11 05:46 114768 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys
2009-11-24 23:49 . 2005-01-28 16:31 48560 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswTdi.sys
2009-11-24 23:48 . 2005-03-03 23:06 23120 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswRdr.sys
2009-11-24 23:47 . 2005-01-28 16:31 27408 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\aavmker4.sys
2009-11-24 23:47 . 2007-02-18 01:25 97480 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\AVASTSS.scr
2009-11-23 05:47 . 2009-11-23 15:49 2524160 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\xDB16.tmp
2009-11-21 15:51 . 2004-03-19 22:33 471552 ----a-w- c:\windows\AppPatch\aclayers.dll
2009-11-20 17:26 . 2009-11-20 22:04 2522624 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\xDB15.tmp
2009-11-18 03:31 . 2009-11-18 05:47 2621440 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\xDB14.tmp
2009-11-16 20:11 . 2009-11-16 20:16 2521088 ----a-w- c:\windows\Internet Logs\xDB13.tmp
2005-01-28 16:03 . 2005-01-28 16:03 2636408 ----a-w- c:\program files\aawsepersonal.exe
2004-08-08 03:30 . 2004-08-08 03:30 427072 ----a-w- c:\program files\PopUpStopper1449.exe
2004-03-19 21:14 . 2004-03-20 05:49 149 --sh--r- c:\windows\MSDOSIO.SYS

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll" [2004-10-26 4632576]
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe" [2004-10-26 921600]
"Apoint"="c:\program files\Apoint\Apoint.exe" [2004-02-02 155648]
"Dell QuickSet"="c:\program files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe" [2004-03-05 487424]
"DVDSentry"="c:\windows\System32\DSentry.exe" [2002-07-17 28672]
"AdaptecDirectCD"="c:\program files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe" [2002-12-17 684032]
"avast!"="c:\progra~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe" [2009-11-24 81000]
"TkBellExe"="c:\program files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2005-05-19 180269]
"Picasa Media Detector"="c:\program files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe" [2006-06-15 249926]
"Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer"="KHALMNPR.EXE" [2006-01-21 28160]
"ZoneAlarm Client"="c:\program files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe" [2009-02-16 981384]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2009-12-22 35760]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2009-12-12 948672]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2010-01-12 246504]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"RunNarrator"="Narrator.exe" [2008-04-14 53760]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Acrobat Assistant.lnk - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe [2003-10-23 217194]
Digital Line Detect.lnk - c:\program files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe [2004-7-19 24576]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\ZoneLabsFirewall]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=

R0 Lbd;Lbd;c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\Lbd.sys [1/18/2010 11:17 AM 64288]
R1 aswSP;avast! Self Protection;c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\aswSP.sys [4/10/2008 8:46 PM 114768]
R2 aswFsBlk;aswFsBlk;c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\aswFsBlk.sys [1/16/2010 10:24 AM 20560]
R3 GTICARD;GTICARD;c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\gticard.sys [12/31/1979 8:00 PM 59328]
S3 Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service;c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe [12/2/2009 4:19 AM 1184912]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = hxxp://www.dell.com/
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\Bill Quaccia\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\z991zs7h.default\
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPZoneSB.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Media Player\npViewpoint.dll
FF - HiddenExtension: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant: {20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b} - c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-02-01 20:36
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'explorer.exe'(2524)
c:\windows\system32\WININET.dll
c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
c:\windows\system32\webcheck.dll
Completion time: 2010-02-01 20:39:07
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2010-02-02 05:38
ComboFix2.txt 2010-01-26 04:45
C:\DeQuarantine.txt

Pre-Run: 4,491,284,480 bytes free
Post-Run: 4,554,694,656 bytes free

Current=1 Default=1 Failed=0 LastKnownGood=5 Sets=1,2,3,4,5
- - End Of File - - 1103CB15DD5E55208CFBE98B0B38EF6A

*************** Hijack This Log *********************************

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:03:45 PM, on 2/1/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\basfipm.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Bill Quaccia.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - {F0D4B231-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker - {F0D4B239-DA4B-4daf-81E4-DFEE4931A4AA} - C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarmSB\bar\1.bin\SPYBLOCK.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom ASF IP monitoring service v6.0.3 (BAsfIpM) - Broadcom Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\basfipm.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 6681 bytes
little_l

Unread postby Wingman » February 2nd, 2010, 10:25 am

Hello little_l
The C:\DeQuarantine.txt file is created when the DEQURANTINE directive is used in ComboFix. It reports what was brought back from quarantine. We brought back a file from "quarantine" that was moved inadvertently. I have verified the file is where it should be.. so I don't need to see the C:\DeQuarantine.txt file. Thanks for asking. :)

OK... the ComboFix log looked good, the last HJT log was clean... and the last set of malware scans were clean. Guess what... we're done!! Great job!! :thumbright:

Congratulations... your computer now appears to be malware free! :)
We need to run a step to enable the CD emulation drivers we disabled earlier and then a couple of cleanup steps for the tools we used. These tools are not meant for everyday use and if used improperly, could harm your system. Then please take the time to review some recommendations for keeping your system a little more secure.

Defogger
Enable Drivers You can enable these drivers now...
You should still have this program on your desktop, just ignore the download instructions, provided for convenience.
Please download DeFogger... by jpshortstuff. Save it to your desktop.
  1. Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear.
  2. Click the Re-enable button to re-enable your CD Emulation drivers.
  3. Click Yes to continue. A 'Finished!' message will appear. Click OK
  4. Click OK when DeFogger asks to reboot the machine.
Your Emulation drivers are now enabled.
IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_enable which will appear on your desktop.

Step 1.
ComboFix - Cleanup
Make sure ComboFix.exe is on your desktop! <<---- Important!
  1. Press the Windows Key + R or Click Start...select Run from the menu.
  2. Copy and paste the following into the text entry box:
    Combofix /Uninstall
  3. Click the OK button. (See image below as reference.)

Step 2.
OTC
Let's perform some housekeeping and cleanup some of the tools we used.
Please download OTC.exe... by OldTimer. Save it to your desktop.
  1. Double click on OTC.exe.
    If you receive the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt, press "Run".
  2. Click on CleanUp!.
  3. Click "Yes" to the Begin cleanup process? prompt.
  4. Click "Yes" ... when prompted to reboot the computer to remove files.
Your computer should restart automatically. If it doesn't, please do so manually.

You can also physically delete the following from your desktop:
Defogger
RegSrch.zip
RegSrch.vbs
RKill

Step 3.
Create a new - clean SRP (System Restore Point)
Now that you're clean, it's a great time to create a new, clean SRP and remove any old, possibly compromised, entries.
Create a new SRP
  1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
  2. Select Create a restore point... then press the Next...button.
  3. Type a name for the new SRP... like All Clean... then press the Create... button.
  4. When finished... press the Close...button.
Remove old SRP entries
  1. Now... Go to Start > Run... type in: cleanmgr...press the OK...button.
    The Disk Cleanup begins "calculating" space savings by compressing old files. This could take several minutes.
  2. When available... select the More Options... tab.
  3. In the System Restore section... Press the Clean up...button.
  4. Reply Yes to the prompt. Press the X to close and exit.
    All existing restore points will be deleted... except the new one you just created.

Please follow these simple guidelines in order to help keep your computer more secure:

Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly.
Secunia Personal Software Inspector - Copyright © Secunia. F-secure Health Check - Copyright © F-Secure Corporation.

Visit Microsoft often
Keep on top of critical updates, as well as other updates for your computer.
How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
Using Windows Update for Windows XP
Microsoft Update Home

Install additional (free) programs, that can help improve security.
Many feel that having a "layered" protection scheme is beneficial, you'll have to decide what works best for your situation.
Here are a few you can look into, if you want. :)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
You already have this, (download provided for convenience). This is an excellent scanner. Should be used on a regular basis (at least weekly). Remember to check for updates BEFORE running any scans.
Download it from Malewarebytes © Malwarebytes Corporation.
Tutorials are available for installing and running, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Powerful, easy to use and free. For real-time protection you will have to purchase the product.

Spybot Search and Destroy
Can provide some additional security with it's Immunization feature.
Download it from © Safer Networking Ltd. Just choose a mirror and off you go.
A Spybot tutorial can be found Here.

SpywareBlaster
Download it from © Javacool Software LLC.
A SpywareBlaster knowledgebase can be found Here.

WinPatrol
Another excellent product. Can protect the HOSTS file from unauthorized changes, as well as other nice features.
Download it from Copyright © BillP Studios
Information about how WinPatrol works, is available Here.
(The free version of WinPatrol... provides limited real-time protection)

Firetrust SiteHound
You can find information and download it from © Firetrust Ltd

Read, stay informed.
Please check out these articles:
Tony Klein's "How did I get infected in the first place?"
How to prevent Malware:© miekiemoes - Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security .

Please let me know that you completed the Defogger step, the (2) cleanup steps and the create/purge System Restore point steps and reviewed the rest of the post. Once I receive you reply, unless there are other malware questions or concerns, I will have this topic closed as resolved.

Stay Safe! 8)
Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby little_l » February 3rd, 2010, 1:48 am

Greetings Wingman!

A million thanks for your dedicated efforts to help me and the many others you must likewise be assisting.

Defogger, ComboFix cleanup and OTC clean up all completed.
System Restore Point created.

Thanks for the advice about future protection. I thought I was doing okay with my Avast (regular auto updates), Zone Alarm & Ad-Aware, but... I suppose I've been remiss about my other maintenance (e.g., Microsoft). I'll be more vigilant with weekly maintenance from here on out (go and sin no more!).

I sincerely appreciate your volunteer efforts in malware removal, and though I'm not terribly tech-savvy, I'm an active volunteer in other areas so it's not just the appreciation & thanks of relief--I know the time & energy you must put into this and it restores my faith in humanity. Thanks for making the world (and the internet!) a better place.

Sincerly, LP
little_l

Unread postby Wingman » February 3rd, 2010, 11:51 am

Glad we could help. :)
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext