Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Browser redirected to Sedoparking (again and again T_T)

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Browser redirected to Sedoparking (again and again T_T)

Unread postby nashata » December 17th, 2009, 12:05 am

Just an update, after I reset the modem yesterday, just now I tried opening mail.live.com and for a few minutes it went fine, after that: Services for this domain have been discontinued.

I will try and do what you said now.
Thanks OD!
nashata

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby nashata » December 17th, 2009, 12:26 am

I tried to choose Attain DNS Address Manually but it said to enter the DNS.

Then it's error and sedoparking for everything including this forum, but I went and flushdns-registerdns-sc config and restart. Now I can open everything again, but let's see after a few minutes :profileleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nashata

Unread postby Odd dude » December 17th, 2009, 3:14 am

Keep me posted. If the problem still isn't solved, I'll ask around if anyone knows how to properly do what I think needs to be done with your router.
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Odd dude » December 18th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Hey nashata :)

How are things?
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby nashata » December 19th, 2009, 1:50 pm

Sorry for not updating, I'm having a super long weekend here, until tomorrow that is.
So far, when I'm working, sedoparking reappears after a few minutes, but if I do the flushdns, registerdns you taught, and close/reopen the browser, it's fine again.

But it's weird that all email accounts, Facebook, MySpace, and other social network work just fine, no matter how many times I opened them. Sedoparking just appears for work related site only. Unfortunately.

Tomorrow I'm going to use the internet line for the other computer to make sure if this problem really is related to the internet. I have to move the modem first :roll: poor lazy me.

Will let you know :P
nashata

Unread postby Odd dude » December 19th, 2009, 2:08 pm

OK, I'll await the results from you.
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby nashata » December 20th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Hello,
yesterday I browse for like 10minutes from another computer with this internet line, and it was fine. But today I went back to this computer and sedoparking reappears. I'll try again tonight using another computer for longer period.
nashata

Unread postby Odd dude » December 21st, 2009, 6:26 am

Okay, that's strange. Am I understanding correctly that:

- this computer + this network = not good
- other computer + this network = good
- this computer + other network = good?

If so, it might still be something weird specific to your computer and we'd really need a Windows cd so we can check the integrity of Windows system-files.
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby nashata » December 22nd, 2009, 1:59 am

Yes, that's correct, but it turns out after a longer period:

- this computer + this network = not good
- other computer + this network = not good too
- this computer + other network = good

So yesterday I called the Internet Service Provider, and asked about this, they asked me to change the IP address and DNS server with what they gave. So far it's been fine. :shock:
I will let you know again tonight, if sedo reappears. If not, then thank you so much for all the help OD! This certainly took a long time and effort :colors:
nashata

Unread postby Odd dude » December 22nd, 2009, 5:09 am

nashata wrote:they asked me to change the IP address and DNS server with what they gave.
Excellent!! Let me know whether this resolves the problem.
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby nashata » December 22nd, 2009, 1:19 pm

Yes!!! Benar sekali Sop! :lol: Does this happen to all Speedy?
OD, so far the browsing went fine. Thank you so much once again!
nashata

Unread postby Odd dude » December 22nd, 2009, 2:13 pm

sopjagung,
though I am sure your intent was good, only trained malware fighters are permitted to post in topics in the Malware Removal room. Please refrain from posting to topics in the Malware Removal room again - as you can see from nashata's reply here following your advice was not needed. I am absolutely certain you meant no harm, but it's the rules; they are there for a reason.

nashata,
that is great news!

Now you can do this:

Install the latest service pack!
Go to the Windows update website here: http://www.update.microsoft.com/microso ... fault.aspx and download and install the latest service pack.
Important: you need to close all other programs and disable your antivirus-software before starting the install (for this reason I recommend disconnecting from the network once the download is complete as well)

Install a firewall
There is no firewall installed on your computer!
Either that, or you're using Windows Firewall, which is not a good idea.

Firewalls are programs that monitor incoming and outcoming connections to your computer. Did you know that, just by connecting to the internet, you are being exposed to hundreds of treats immediately? The way to solve this, is to use a firewall, and up-to-date antivirus software.

Windows Firewall only monitors incoming connections. This means that, once you are infected, the malware is free to ask for new instructions, send private data to its creator, or invite its malware buddies to come over. In other words: it's almost as good as no firewall at all.

Download a free for personal use firewall NOW. If you can't find a good one, try one of these:
Online Armor Free
Agnitum Outpost Free

Below is my standard post for when you're all clean:

If you don't have any other issues, then I think all the malware is gone!

Congratulations!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

As far as I can tell, you are CLEAN!

Have a big cup of Image, sit back & relax, and now please follow a few of the following tips; they will dramatically reduce your chance of getting infected again.

• Turn on Automatic Updates if you have not done so. It is MANDATORY to keep your Windows updated, otherwise you are vulnerable to exploits! To turn on Automatic Updates: click Start > Control Panel > Security Centre > Automatic Updates.

Below are optional items. They will increase your security, but are not really "needed". That said, I recommend following at least one of these tips.

• Install WinPatrol from here. Instructions for use are here.

• Install a custom hosts file. Let's say I have a directory of 640kb's worth of bad sites. Let's say I can make sure you will never be able to access those sites, so you will never get any infection from those sites. It's like blocking a site - without site blocking tools. How would you like to never be able to visit (a lot, but not all of the) malware-infected sites again? Well, now you can! You can download the custom hosts file from here. Installation instructions can be found there as well.
    IMPORTANT: If you do not wish to install the hosts file, we need to reverse a change we made earlier. Reason being that we reconfigured your DNS Cache service to be disabled - that is required for working with a very large hosts file. However, if you do not wish to install the hosts file, you may wish to reset the service back to normal. To do so, click Start>Run and enter:
    Code: Select all
    sc configure dnscache start= auto

Please reply to this thread once more so we know it can be archived

Happy surfing!! :)
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby nashata » December 23rd, 2009, 12:07 am

Okay! Will do all of the above.
Thanks OD :mrgreen:
nashata

Unread postby Odd dude » December 23rd, 2009, 5:35 am

You're very welcome :flower:

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Dakeyras » December 26th, 2009, 6:44 am

As it appears this issue has been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous