Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

trojan infection

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

trojan infection

Unread postby Gary040 » December 14th, 2009, 5:42 pm

I get a popup alert from AVG antivirus resident shield that it detects a trojan in the svchost.exe system file
it also reports it as a Vundo virus

xsdbfg.fileave.com/winstallco.exe

I havent been able to remove the trojan even though several scans seem to have cleaned it but the alert still reappears later while using the pc

is there any way to clean this virus without formatting the drive and reinstalling windows?
Gary040

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: trojan infection

Unread postby Gary040 » December 14th, 2009, 6:00 pm

it seems I have the exact same virus this user posted in a message, has it been solved yet?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47614
Gary040

Unread postby wojmur » December 14th, 2009, 6:50 pm

Welcome Gary040,

I'm not a qualified helper on this forum, just another "case" good people here are trying to help. But what I've observed so far is that to receive help on this forum you will need to follow the instructions outlined in viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47959 . This will, most likely, take some time. I wouldn't count on a quick fix. But if you are patient and stick with it you will get a really clean PC and really good set of rules to follow in the future to avoid having to come back :)

BTW, the topic you quoted seems to have been closed without resolution due to lack of response from the Original Poster.

All the best in your fight.
wojmur

Unread postby NonSuch » December 14th, 2009, 11:03 pm

If either of you had bothered to read the rules and instructions for this forum you would know:

1. When you start a topic in the Malware Removal room and ask for help, you must also provide a HijackThis log.
  2. Unless you want your topic closed without a response from a helper, you must not reply to your topic prior to receiving assistance.
    • When you reply to your topic prior to receiving help, you remove your topic from the zero reply list.
    • The zero reply list is where helpers look for topics that require their assistance.
  3. No one, other than a qualified helper should ever respond to a topic not their own in the Malware Removal room.
    • When you respond in another person's topic, you are hijacking their topic.
    • Hijack a topic once and you will be warned. Hijack a topic a second time and you will be banned.
  4. When these rules are ignored, the topic will be closed and the topic starter will have to start over again.