To make a primary diagnosis of your computer problems we need you to supply us with the following informationA description of your problems
Some people seem to think that this is superfluous to requirements, since they're supplying us with DDS logs, but in fact it is essential
. A log can only tell us so much, and some infections are able to conceal themselves from some scanners. By knowing what the symptoms of your problem are, a helper can often recognise the infection and post appropriate instructions for its removal, or know which tools to run to get a better diagnosis.
Descriptions do not need to be technically detailed, but if your computer has given you any Error Codes or flashed up any messages, then the exact wording of them can be very useful, and you should include them.DDS logs
DDS is a diagnostic tool, which scans your computer and produces logs which can be analysed and interpreted by your helper.
To run a scan with DDS .....Download DDS and save it to your Desktop.Alternate Download
Please note: DDS will ask you to attach the second log (Attach.txt), please ignore this notice and post the log instead.
- Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
- If using Vista or Windows 7 you will be prompted by UAC, please allow the prompt.
- DDS will now scan your computer.
- When the scan is complete, DDS will open two (2) logs:
- If not saved these logs will be automatically deleted when closed, so save both to your Desktop.
- Please note it is important that you post BOTH logs in your topic.
Any problems downloading or running DDS.scr
, try THIS
version of DDS.
If you still have problems running DDS, please follow the instructions in THIS
topic.How to post your information to the forum
OK, now we've got together the information we need, here's how to post it .....
- Go to the Malware Removal forum.
- Click on the New Topic button found at the top left of the page below the orange panel.
- Enter a title into the Subject box.
- Now go to your Desktop.
- Copy/Paste the contents of DDS.txt and Attach.txt into the main box, along with the description of your problems.
- Click Submit to create your topic.
- Only post the information asked for above. If you have logs from additional scanners mention them along with your symptoms, but do not post any additional logs unless your helper asks for them.
- Do not make any more posts to your topic until you have received a reply from a helper. Helpers here look for topics with zero replies, and if you have replied to your own topic they will assume you're already being helped. This will delay you getting the help you need.
- Do not post your logs as attachments. This makes them more awkward to access by your helper, who will just ask you to post them again. Your helper will tell you if they need you to post anything as an attachment.
|Last edited by Gary R on Tue 25 Oct, 2011 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
|Corrected broken link