Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Please help me! I got some type of worm on my pc...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Please help me! I got some type of worm on my pc...

Unread postby mellie2480 » December 9th, 2009, 3:25 am

I currently have the Norton Antivirus and it didnt help me at all. This worm attacked my media cuz I can't access my media player. It also wont let me restore my computer or access the system restore period. When I restarted my computer it gave me a warning saying my system was infected and detected Worm.win32.netsky and as my background it has a warning saying "Your system is infected" in big bold letters. I seriously do not know what to do... Please help me out! Here is my log:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:54:49 AM, on 12/9/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winupdate86.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\RAC\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe logon.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon86.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdate86.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winupdate86.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Advanced Virus Remover] C:\Program Files\AdvancedVirusRemover\AVR.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Internet Security 2010] C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\winhelper86.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\winhelper86.dll
O21 - SSODL: SwUpdate - {009541A0-3B00-1F1C-00F3-040224001C01} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macromedia\SwUpdate\swupdate.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec RemoteAssist - Symantec, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Support Controls\ssrc.exe

--
End of file - 3244 bytes
mellie2480

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Please help me! I got some type of worm on my pc...

Unread postby tsholmes88 » December 9th, 2009, 4:14 pm

Google and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Then restart your computer and before the splash screen appears press the F8 key to go into safe mood. Then in safe mode install the Malwarebytes Anti-malware program you just downloaded and scan from safe mode. It will take AS2010 off completely after it scans. After scan completes the program will ask to reboot to finish the removal process. Hope this helps.
tsholmes88
Banned Member

Unread postby mellie2480 » December 9th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Well I ran my Norton this morning a full system scan and it came up with a downloader and 2 trojans and needed to restart. I restarted it and now cannot log on to desktop. I dont know what to do.... Im stuck now.
mellie2480

Unread postby Gary R » December 9th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Advice in this forum is to be given only by Authorised and trained personnel.

Please disregard any "help" given by tsholmes88, he/she is not approved to give it, and will be banned from this site if they do so again.

Unfortunately as you have now replied to this topic, it will not show on the "zero reply" list that our trained helpers look at to see who needs assistance, as a result it is unlikely you will get the help you need.

This topic will now be closed

Please open a new topic mellie2480 and wait for an authorised helper to assist you with your problem.

Thanks for your co-operation, sorry you've been inconvenienced.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!