Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Many browsers start, fake virus scanner running

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Many browsers start, fake virus scanner running

Unread postby gps57 » December 7th, 2009, 12:07 pm

I was advised to post a link to my HJT log here. I have a laptop that started opening many instances (6 or 7 or more) of Internet Explorer whenever we would click the IE icon to start it. We ignored it for a while, then problems got worse.

Now something claiming to be a virus scanner takes over the computer and I can't get rid of it. Since we did not install any new virus scanner, I'm assuming this is a fake virus scanner. I pops up windows that we can't get rid of, and they stay on top so that I can't see the windows of other apps we want to run. I even tried to open the Windows Task Manager to close the windows, but the Task Manager won't open. It's as if something (this fake virus scanner) is killing the task manager before it can start.

Anyway, we would greatly appreciate your help. Here's the link to my original post.

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47755

Thanks,
-gps57
gps57

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Many browsers start, fake virus scanner running

Unread postby xixo_12 » December 9th, 2009, 7:44 am

replied!
xixo_12
MRU Master Emeritus