Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

When to Run a HJT scan

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

When to Run a HJT scan

Unread postby carl606 » December 3rd, 2009, 2:55 am

Hello guys/gals

I am just a home user, who spends my spare time learning a bit about computers, mostly about where settings are and troubleshooting steps etc..

So its just a quick question about Hijackthis scans or Root repeal or even DDs scans.
How would you know when you should run one of these scans.

(ie) say your computer is behaving oddly, but your anti virus or spyware program isen't picking anything up
Is this the time to run a HJT scan.... 8)
carl606

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: When to Run a HJT scan

Unread postby Gary R » December 3rd, 2009, 4:44 am

There's no simple answer to your question, which is why we run a training school on this site. If you wish to apply then the link below leads to the application page which will give you more information.

http://www.malwareremoval.com/university.php

To learn what tools to run, for what infections, and how to accurately interpret and understand their findings, takes time. I'm afraid there's no shortcut to that knowledge.

However, if your computer is not behaving as you would expect it to, and you suspect the problem is Malware related, and you need help, then it's a good idea to run a HijackThis scan and post the log at a site such as this, so that it can be looked over by someone who has been properly trained in Malware removal techniques.

HijackThis is a primary analysis tool, if any further scans need to be run you will be advised by your helper.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby carl606 » December 3rd, 2009, 7:35 am

Gary R wrote:There's no simple answer to your question, which is why we run a training school on this site. If you wish to apply then the link below leads to the application page which will give you more information.

Thankyou Gary R

I would like to apply, so i shall visit your link and make my application.
Thanks again....
carl606

Unread postby Gary R » December 3rd, 2009, 11:43 am

You're welcome. :)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby carl606 » December 5th, 2009, 3:53 am

carl606 wrote:
Gary R wrote:There's no simple answer to your question, which is why we run a training school on this site. If you wish to apply then the link below leads to the application page which will give you more information.

Thankyou Gary R

I would like to apply, so i shall visit your link and make my application.
Thanks again....

Sorry, Gary R
I forgot to include my age in the application forum, i have just realized this.
Also i did not know where to send this information, can you please advise me where to send this... 8)
carl606

Unread postby Gary R » December 5th, 2009, 11:45 am

If you've submitted your entry form without your age, then the "admissions" Teacher will PM you and ask you to re-submit your form. Just wait till he contacts you, he'll explain.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby carl606 » December 6th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Gary R wrote:If you've submitted your entry form without your age, then the "admissions" Teacher will PM you and ask you to re-submit your form. Just wait till he contacts you, he'll explain.

Thanks for letting me know, Gary R
carl606

Unread postby Gary R » December 7th, 2009, 5:04 am

You're welcome. :)
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions