Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Vundo trojan has survived fdisk. What can be done?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Vundo trojan has survived fdisk. What can be done?

Unread postby muppy03 » November 25th, 2009, 3:51 am

I recommend uninstalling the following:-
    Viewpoint Media Player
    WildTangent Web Driver

You should Download and Install the newest version of Adobe Reader for reading pdf files, due to the vulnerabilities in earlier versions.
All versions numbered lower than 9.2 are vulnerable.
  • Go HERE and click on AdbeRdr920_en_US.exe to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  • Save this file to your desktop and run it to install the latest version of Adobe Reader.

Here are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system. If you do not update your anti virus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Install WinPatrol
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Install MVPS Hosts File from here
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
Find Tutorial here : http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Read some information here how to prevent Malware.

Any problems now? Post a HJT log if you like.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby johhaf01 » November 25th, 2009, 5:31 pm

I got quite an awakening last night after doing all of the updating, I decided to go back to CA's website and download the CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2009. I have 2008 on disk. I disconnected the internet and performed the upgrade and surprise, the virus was back. I scanned the computer before the upgrade with MBAM and it was clean, after and it was dirty. The log is below. So this was the aha moment and I uninstalled CA ISSP 2009 and reinstalled 2008 and it scanned clean again. I have sent the downloaded file to CA for the time being and I am using version 2008.

My webpages are definitely getting hijacked with 2009 installed and not when 2008 is installed.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3227
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

11/25/2009 9:53:28 AM
mbam-log-2009-11-25 (09-53-23).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 114908
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 81

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Media Ce.evt (Rootkit.Agent.H) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\6to4nt.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\firewall.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\htco.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\msch24.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\mswinsck.ocx (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\RealtekAC.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\sam10.log (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\sysrun.exe (Password.Stealer) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\application data\mcrupdate.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\application data\pcant.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\application data\pkz.ini (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\application data\printer.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\cftmon.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\ftpdll.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\kufwin32.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\updater.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Win.exe (IM.Worm) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\repair\1sass.exe (Backdoor.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\repair\kasutio (Rootkit.Rustock) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\repair\loprt.cmd (Worm.AutoRun) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\repair\Mirror.exe (Worm.AutoRun) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\repair\sql.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\repair\whw.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\csrss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\csrss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\csrss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\csrss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\ctfmon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\ctfmon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\ctfmon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ctfmon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\dllhost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\dllhost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\dllhost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\dllhost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Explorer.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\lsass.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\lsass.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\lsass.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\lsass.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\msiexec.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\msiexec.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\msiexec.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\msiexec.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\rundll32.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\rundll32.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\rundll32.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\rundll32.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Services.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Services.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Services.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Services.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\smss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\smss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\smss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\smss.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\spoolsv.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\spoolsv.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\spoolsv.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\spoolsv.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\svchost*.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\svchost*.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\svchost*.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\svchost*.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\svchost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\svchost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\svchost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\svchost.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Userinit.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Userinit.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Userinit.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Userinit.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Winlogon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Winlogon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Winlogon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Config\Systemprofile\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Winlogon.exe (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> No action taken.
johhaf01

Unread postby muppy03 » November 26th, 2009, 8:11 am

Hi there,

After looking at the 2 uninstall lists you have provided, I am wondering about some of the programs installed. In the 2nd one for example it lists Adobe Reader 7.0 which is outdated and not available for download. There are also quite a few games showing in both. This brings me to ask what you are reloading on the computer after you have done the R&R. I can’t see you rushing to download Chuzzle or Bewjeweled while trying to get the computer up and running.

Are you introducing backed up files of some sort? I would hazard a guess that you are re-infecting the computer that way rather than from the CA site.

Please let me know what you did after reloading xp and if in fact you are using back up files of some sort.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby johhaf01 » November 26th, 2009, 1:27 pm

Sorry. All of those things are on the original distribution CD that came sealed with my laptop when I bought it new 3 years ago. I did upgrade to Adobe 9.2 and did all of the other things (Win Patrol..etc) that you suggested.

As far as the CA Internet Security Suite Plus 2009 upgrade, I scanned with MBAM before the upgrade because that is where things went wrong last time. It came up clean, so I downloaded the upgrade file, unplugged the internet cable (wireless switch: off) and installed it. As soon as I rebooted, I noticed the stuttering opening tune that Windows plays and knew right away that I had a problem again. So I performed another scan, and it came up with the same 81 infections as before. At that point, I uninstalled CA completely from my computer, cleared any files left over and the registry entries, rebooted, and reinstalled CA 2008 from the CD and scanned clean. Also, the opening tune was smooth. During the entire time from the point I mentioned above, the computer was unplugged from the internet and the wireless disabled.

Here is the MBAM scan from just after uninstalling the CA ISSP 2009 upgrade:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3227
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

11/25/2009 10:10:59 AM
mbam-log-2009-11-25 (10-10-59).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 113421
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 31 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
johhaf01

Unread postby johhaf01 » November 26th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Also, I have only restored some audio files (class lectures) from my flash drive which scanned clean. Nothing else was brought over. I scanned the computer before the upgrade to CA ISSP 2009 which included the audio files and it came up clean.
johhaf01

Unread postby muppy03 » November 26th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Very odd indeed. :?

So at this stage you appear to have no problems? Is that correct?

And the CA upgrade was from the official site?

If you have no noticeable problems, it might be well worth it to run an online scan, just to make sure nothing is hiding.

Kaspersky Online Scan
Do an online scan with >Kaspersky Online Scanner<
  • Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases
  • Click on My Computer under Scan
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report
  • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As...
  • Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button
  • Please post this log in your next reply

Please reply with:-
  • Kaspersky report
  • New HJT log
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby johhaf01 » November 29th, 2009, 2:39 pm

I apologise for not replying as I have been on holiday. I'll be back home tomorrow and can take care of this.

The download was, as far as I can tell, from CA's own website, but whether I was hijacked and redirected to another bogus website is anyone's guess. Additionally, I never received a reply from CA as to whether the downloaded file was corrupted, so I have nothing to report there.

Early on before posting to this board I used Kaspersky and while MBAM was turning up all of the infections, Kaspersky along with CA found nothing. Although, I have heard good things about that software. Tomorrow, I'll scan it again, though.

The computer is working great without CA ISSP 2009. So, I'll stick with 2008 and see if I can get to the bottom of the controversy with CA after that.

John
johhaf01

Unread postby johhaf01 » December 1st, 2009, 1:24 am

I scanned the computer with Kaspersky (3 hours) and nothing showed up as infected. When I tried to view the report, it wouldn't show up because I couldn't figure out which of the many popup blockers was preventing it and then the program restarted and I lost it. Below is the log from HijackThis. BTW, wild tangent is part of the Windows XP Media Center Edition, so I didn't uninstall it.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:18:56 PM, on 11/30/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfsem.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDispVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\DLACTRLW.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynToshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-6.0.1.33\QOELoader.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Website Inspector\Toolbar\CAGlobal.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Website Inspector\Light\CAGlobalLight.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://m.www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: CA Toolbar Helper - {FBF2401B-7447-4727-BE5D-C19B2075CA84} - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Website Inspector\Toolbar\CallingIDIE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: CA Toolbar - {10134636-E7AF-4AC5-A1DC-C7C44BB97D81} - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Website Inspector\Toolbar\CallingIDIE.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TDispVol] TDispVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LtMoh] C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PadTouch] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\DLACTRLW.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pinger] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\SpamKiller\MSKDetct.exe /uninstall
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msci] C:\DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\Temp\2009112495558_mcinfo.exe /insfin
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-6.0.1.33\QOELoader.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafw] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe -expressboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 3.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupda ... 9088831734
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microso ... 9088929703
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/s ... wflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe

--
End of file - 12701 bytes
johhaf01

Unread postby muppy03 » December 1st, 2009, 3:30 am

So is all running fine? no problems or issues?

If Kaspersky showed nothing, then that is fine.
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby johhaf01 » December 1st, 2009, 2:51 pm

Everything is running well. I decided to spend around two hours surfing last night, especially Facebook and Yahoo where I was extensively hijacked and nothing went wrong. Additionally, the computer is running at normal speed.

I have thought about what the CA tech had to say about ver 2009 when he stated that it can show up as a virus with non-mainstream anti-malware scanners. But, the longer I left CA ISSP 2009 on the computer, the more infections I got to the point that I was getting hijacked constantly in Yahoo and Facebook. In fact, within minutes, the 1 rootkit infection grew to 3 and away it went downloading many of Vundo's signature files mentioned in other posts.

After the R & R, it eliminated many of the infections down to the 81 that show up when CA ISSP 2009 is installed. Thankfully I unplugged the internet as soon I noticed the reinfection after reinstallation of 2009. By just uninstalling it, all of the infections as noted in the scans last week have disappeared.

John
johhaf01

Unread postby muppy03 » December 2nd, 2009, 3:55 am

I am glad it has all worked out for you in the long run :thumbright:
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby johhaf01 » December 2nd, 2009, 7:16 pm

Thank you for all of your help. It is very nice to have this computer back to normal. I appreciate your expertise and advise on things like WinPatrol and the other programs. Hopefully this will never happen again. It is interesting to note that my brother told me that he uses the same CA ISSP 2009 that I did and is having the same problem. What a drag.

Oh well. Thank you again.

John
johhaf01

Unread postby muppy03 » December 3rd, 2009, 4:45 pm

Glad I was able to help :thumbright:
muppy03
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » December 3rd, 2009, 6:40 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous