Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

trying to use dds but it does nothing

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

trying to use dds but it does nothing

Unread postby Las869 » December 1st, 2009, 9:23 pm

I'm trying to use DDS because Hijackthis closes immediately after I open it. I downloaded DDS off this website and I ran it and I got that black box that comes up. But then it does nothing, it just sits there. I waited for it to give me a log of some sort for about 5mins(says it takes 3 tops) and I get nothing, it doesn't look like its scanning at all. Does this mean its not going to work and I'm gonna have to reinstall windows? Thanks for everyone's help so far! With out help I would be throwing my computer out the window right now.

Kelli
Las869

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: trying to use dds but it does nothing

Unread postby NonSuch » December 5th, 2009, 1:58 am

I'm sorry, Kelli, but we cannot work without logs to guide us. Without logs it is just too risky to try to second guess what may be infecting your computer.

The best advice we can give you at this point is to reformat your machine and reinstall Windows. I'm sorry we don't have better news for you. If you are not comfortable with going through this process on your own, then we would suggest you take your computer to a trusted local shop and have the work done there.

As this issue will require a reformat for resolution, and therefore falls outside the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link:
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!