Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Hijackthis closes immediately after I open it

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Hijackthis closes immediately after I open it

Unread postby Las869 » November 30th, 2009, 4:19 pm

I've been trying to get a Hijackthis log to post so someone can help me. Unfortunately whenever I open Hijackthis it is immediately closed. I've surfed the web and I know it's most likely because of the malware. And everyone says the way to get it to open is by tricking the malware into not recognizing it by renaming it. I tried that and it didn't work. I also tried to download Hijackthis to a "clean" computer and then burn it to a cd and then try to install it on the infected one, but that didn't work either. I know you can't really tell whats wrong until you see the Hijackthis log but I'm hoping someone can get the hijackthis program working. THanks
Las869

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Hijackthis closes immediately after I open it

Unread postby NonSuch » November 30th, 2009, 6:29 pm

As you are unable to run HijackThis, try DDS, instead:

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
----------------------------------

Please start a new topic and include the following logs in your thread:

• Contents of the DDS.txt posted as text in your reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt to your post by clicking the Manage Attachments button under Additional Options>Attach Files on the composition page. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Upload.

If the above instructions do not work, and you are unable to produce a log, then you should reformat and reinstall your Windows operating system as it is not safe for a helper to work in the dark, without logs to guide them.