Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

New HJT log

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby AndyAtHull » January 21st, 2006, 10:07 am

Hi thefuse,

As this is a Malware Support Board; what we do with users that have hardware trouble is to redirect them to another board. The boards we suggest can directly help you with your problem.

PCPitStop is one place that helps with hardware problems. http://www.pcpitstop.com

A UK based forum at http://www.computertrouble.co.uk is also available and has some resident hardware experts who might be able to help you.

Where ever you decide to go. Please let them know you visited this board and tell them that we have given you the all clear as regards to malware. I hope you can get your problem fixed.

Andy :)
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby thefuse » January 24th, 2006, 6:57 am

I find it hard to believe that you gave me the advice to switch off system restore.
My computer was working absolutley fine up til that point and since then has gone from bad to worse.
My cd/dvd writer isnt working and ive spent the whole of the last 3 days trying to fix my computer
i cant believe you gave that advice then washed your hands of the affair as if you had no part to play in it
thefuse

Unread postby ChrisRLG » January 24th, 2006, 8:43 am

thefuse

In no way would flushing system restore have affected your hardware.

We are speciallists at malware removal, we do not have the expertise to deal with hardware issues, so when we suspect such things we give advice as to the best place to go to get help. They would be the places we ourselves would go to for such assistance.

Turning on and off system restore would only have cleared those old restore points so they could not have effected what is currently happening on your system.

I assume you installed this software for the DVD prior to the system restore flush.

If so was it working satifacturally prior to that flush.
If it was not, we had not been advised of that point.
If it was, we had no reason to believe that you would have a need to restore back for other issues, and for malware issues you would have been reinfecting yourself with all the malware that we had been able to get off your system, so they needed to go.

So I do not see how Andy could have advised you any different to how he did.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby thefuse » January 24th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Sorry for losing it a bit there but I've spent the last four days trying to get my laptop working again after doing that system restore thing.
I rang Vaio in the end and they helped me put it right.
I was pretty sure that the problem started after following your advice. If you say thats impossible then I accept that.
thefuse

Unread postby ChrisRLG » January 24th, 2006, 12:31 pm

The lost of your restore points would complicate your being able to go back for a recover, but they would not have casued it.

It is possible that one of the malware was able to do some damage, although mostly malware nowdays tries not to, they like living as parisites with you unaware most of the time.

Do you still have any issues that need any help.
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Unread postby thefuse » January 24th, 2006, 4:08 pm

no i think its all ok now thanks ;)
thefuse

Unread postby Nellie2 » January 28th, 2006, 9:01 am

Glad we could be of assistance.