Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Need help removing RTKT_AGENTT.CU

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Need help removing RTKT_AGENTT.CU

Unread postby Daggaroth » October 22nd, 2009, 6:52 am

here is what is requested
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daggaroth

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby jmw3 » October 22nd, 2009, 7:26 am

That Malwarbytes log has been edited. Why is that?

Open malwarebytes Anti-Malware, click the Logs tab. Then click on the log named mbam-log-2009-10-22 (03-22-36).txt Copy/paste the contents of the entire log in your next reply. If I don't see the entire log then I'll be closing this thread.
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Daggaroth » October 22nd, 2009, 6:05 pm

sorry about that. the malwarebytes scanner picked up some of the tools I use to do network security checks. I am a Networking Major in college so sometimes we use stuff that is considered malware. and I did not want to put anything up here that I knew was not causing the problem with homeworld2.

anyway I had edited over the original log, so I am doing another scan. and ill post it all up for you in about 3 and a half hours from now

I appolagise for the confusion
Daggaroth

Unread postby Daggaroth » October 22nd, 2009, 9:12 pm

found the backup, here is the copy.

the Items in the folder "Network Tools" are known to me and I know for 100% certainty that they are NOT causing the problem that homeworld2 is having.

I apologize again for the edit, like I said, I dident want to put in information that could lead us off the path to finding the problem im having with homeworld2, and getting rid of the RTKT_AGENTT.CU

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3009
Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

10/22/2009 3:22:36 AM
mbam-log-2009-10-22 (03-22-36).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 574499
Time elapsed: 3 hour(s), 13 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowSearch (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Users\TC\Desktop\Network Tools\Patch.exe
C:\Users\TC\Desktop\Network Tools\Playtime.exe
C:\Users\TC\Desktop\Network Tools\Keigen.exe
C:\Users\TC\Desktop\Network Tools\Lession2.exe
Daggaroth

Unread postby NonSuch » October 23rd, 2009, 12:59 am

It appears you are also getting help here:

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Malw ... CU/m-p/994

While we appreciate that you very likely posted at multiple forums in order to ensure a response, that only serves to tie up the time of multiple helpers who could be using that time to help someone else who also has problems. Although there are many forums that handle HijackThis logs, there are not so many helpers; most of us help out at several forums. In addition, the results may not work out so well when you're following different instructions from different helpers. They may suggest different approaches for the same problem, all of which may be good; however, system conflicts may arise if different fixes for the same problem are applied simultaneously.

In addition, this site does not support the use of cracked/pirated software of any kind. Note that the use of such software is likely the source of your system's current infection. Further, we regard the use of such software as being the same as theft.