Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

need some help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

need some help

Unread postby babs » August 26th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Thanks for your help. The problem has been resolved.
Last edited by babs on September 1st, 2009, 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
babs

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: need some help here

Unread postby MWR 3 day Mod » August 31st, 2009, 10:52 am

Hi,

We are sorry to see your topic is over three days old and no one has yet been able to respond and offer help.

If you still require assistance, please post a link to your topic in our Waiting for help with malware removal? forum, and our staff will make an effort to assist you as promptly as possible. Only post a LINK to this topic, DO NOT post your DDS log!

Please do not reply to this topic.

If you haven't posted within two days in the "Waiting for help with malware removal?" forum, we will assume you have been able to get assistance in other ways and this topic will be closed.
MWR 3 day Mod
MRU Undergrad
MRU Undergrad

Re: need some help here

Unread postby Wingman » September 1st, 2009, 3:21 pm

Hello... Welcome to the forum.
My name is Wingman, and I'll be helping you with any malware problems.
HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.

I am currently under the guidance of the MRU teachers, everything I post to you, has been reviewed by them.
This additional review process can add some extra time to my responses...but not too much
;)

Before we begin...please note the following important guidelines.
  1. The instructions being given are for YOUR computer and system only!
    Using these instructions on a different computer can cause damage to that computer and possibly render it inoperable!
  2. DO NOT run any other fix or removal tools unless instructed to do so!
  3. DO NOT install any other software (or hardware) during the cleaning process. This adds more items to be researched.
  4. Please, if you have questions about something...ASK, don't guess or assume.
  5. Only- post your problem at (1) one help site. Applying fixes from multiple help sites can cause problems.
  6. Print each set of instructions...if possible...your Internet connection will not be available during some fix processes.
  7. Only- reply to this thread, do not start another ... Please, continue responding, until I give you the "All Clean"

If you follow these guidelines, things should proceed smoothly. :)
I am currently reviewing your log and will return, as soon as possible, with additional instructions.
In the meantime... please perform the following steps.

Please read these instructions carefully before executing and perform the steps, in the order given.
lf, you have any questions about or problems with, executing these instructions, <STOP> do not proceed, post back with the question or problem.

Step 1.
RSIT (Random's System Information Tool)
Please download RSIT by random/random... save it to your desktop.
  1. Right click on RSIT.exe and select "Run As Administrator" to run it. If Windows UAC prompts you, please allow it.
  2. Please read the disclaimer... click on Continue.
  3. RSIT will start running. When done... 2 logs files...will be produced.
    The first one, "log.txt", will be maximized ... the second one, "info.txt", will be minimized.
  4. Please post both... "log.txt" and "info.txt", file contents in your next reply.
(These logs can be lengthy, so post 1 log per reply please.)

Step 2.
Rooter
Please download Rooter.exe... Copyrighted © Eric_71. Save it to your desktop.
SCAN
  1. Right click on Rooter.exe icon on your desktop, select "Run as Administrator" to execute. If UAC prompted... allow it.
  2. To run the Scan... press the Scan...button.
  3. Notepad will open with a file created called "Rooter#.txt" ... located at %systemdrive%\Rooter$\Rooter#.txt. (# is the number assigned to the report)
    The location of the report file is shown in the bottom display window.
  4. Press the Close button, to close the Rooter window.
Please copy and paste the contents of Rooter#.txt in you next reply.

Step 3.
Please include in your next reply:
  1. Any problem executing the instructions?
  2. RSIT log.txt and info.txt file contents
  3. Rooter#.txt file contents
  4. How is the computer behaving?
Thanks,
Wingman
Wingman
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: need some help

Unread postby Gary R » September 2nd, 2009, 4:29 pm

With reference to your edited first post .........

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!