Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

malware issues!!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: malware issues!!

Unread postby lverna » August 28th, 2009, 9:29 pm

went through what you said, things seem to working much faster!! :cheers:

a few other questions
1) should i uninstall superantispyware, malwarebytes, hijack this?
2) I stay away from IE, I use chrome, opera, and safari and I might go back to firefox...I like firefox the best but it was acting weird...maybe because of the malware.

3) about 1 month ago I backed up (made an image using acronis 10) my 2 HDrives to a removable drive should I reformat that drive and do a clean backup?

thanks !!!
lverna

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Blade81 » August 29th, 2009, 5:27 am

1) You may uninstall HijackThis. However, I'd leave either Superantispyware or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed. Both are good antispyware tools.
2) Firefox is good browser. If you go back to it I recommend to install Adblock Plus and NoScript addons.
3) If you think that things have changed during the last month and you need a fresher backup then why not :)
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby lverna » August 29th, 2009, 8:53 am

I didn't know how to uninstall dds - so I just dragged it to the recycle bin.

I'm not sure exactly when i got infected. I was worried I copied/backed-up the virus to the removable disk last month. I didn't want to bring it back to the main HDrives if i needed to use anything from the image.

thanks so much!!! I'll be making a donation ASAP
lverna

Unread postby Blade81 » August 29th, 2009, 10:04 am

Since the issue appears to be resolved this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Blade81
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous