Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Vundo & Co. partying inside my new Dell

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Vundo & Co. partying inside my new Dell

Unread postby Vistaphobic » July 28th, 2009, 5:45 am

(Edited to add: Sorry about the formatting. I enabled word wrap in Notepad but it didn't wrap. Can't seem to fix it.)

First I want to say how grateful I am for the service you provide. I have tried both Microsoft and Dell support, the latter multiple times, and each time I was first treated like a silly Chicken Little, and then with hostility when I refused to accept "Everything looks fine" for an answer. If someone would please to examine the HijackThis log below, I think you will agree that everything is decidedly not fine.

My system specs are as follows:
Dell XPS 430
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5 MHz
6.0 GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon 3650 HD graphics
Seagate 750 MB HDD (the Dell OEM HDD with a hidden system restore partition I can neither see nor delete -- I would like to because I also have an OEM copy of the Windows Restore DVD.)

I Purchased this computer approximately two months ago, and within a few days it was acting up. The only thing I can think of other than sheer bad luck that might have caused this virulent infection was an old video game emulator I copied to the new computer from a CD-ROM I had burned a few years ago on a previous XP desktop. I do recall that at that time I had a short-lived Vundo infection, but it was easily cleared up and was nowhere near as powerful as the monster(s) currently infesting this supposedly secure, new-and-improved Vista box.

The degree of control these nasties have seems limitless. They seem to be using the Task Scheduler to undermine any attempt to repair the computer's settings. I was able to disable a couple of malicious tasks, but for the most part I've been completely ineffective. The computer was installed with partly updated Vista SP1 and running Trend Micro Internet Security (Dell OEM version) when I brought it home. I did update everything, but that was several full-factory-image-restores ago.

Here's where the Dell and Microsoft folks got dubious: I have done everything exactly by the book to rid myself of these pests, but nothing works. I have disabled System Restore, reinstalled the Vista DVD, reinstalled the drivers, then the anti-virus software, and then run a full scan with both Windows Defender and Trend-Micro. I also have a current subscription to Kaspersky Internet Security 9 that I installed for a while. Whatever the means, these viruses can survive a factory image restore and generally have been undetectable by anti-virus software.

In fact the only time I got Trend Micro to detect any viruses was following a factory image restore after which I installed Kaspersky, then Trend Micro. On a hunch, I started a full scan with Trend Micro and then uninstalled Kaspersky mid-scan. Within seconds Trend Micro detected and deleted the following:

TROJ_SWIZZOR.URW
TROJ_VUNDO.LMP
TROJ_SWIZZOR.UTS
CRYP_XED-10

However, after deleting those files, Trend detected four encrypted archives it could not delete, and one reboot later the viruses were back in business and not about to fall for the same trick twice. Since this is a new computer, I have nothing of value on the hard disk. I'm willing to reformat, wipe, and even discard the HDD if necessary (provided that I can drop-kick it out the window). Still, it just kills me that I saved up for this brand new computer and cannot even enjoy it.

The only other anti-malware program that seemed to really hurt the viruses was BugOff.exe, but I can't tell you exactly which security holes the viruses resisted plugging. If I tried to run it again right now, it would surely destabilize my computer and I'd lose this message. I can try again later and write down the two particular patches it resisted. Unfortunately I was unable to get those patches to "take." I could tell you lots of symptoms I've experienced, such as the three, 30 MB mystery boot partitions that show up in chkdsk even with the hard drive DISCONNECTED, or the fact that my CMOS settings persistently add an unknown USB device to my boot sequence, no matter that I have no such device and continue to remove the setting every time I reboot.

Is there some kind of onboard flash drive where the viruses could be lurking? I thought there was no such thing as a "firmware" virus in the wild. Now I wish I had studied computer science in school. As it is, I only know enough to get myself deeper into trouble...

I am deeply thankful for any assistance you might provide. I will check in daily to respond to any questions, instructions or requests for additional scans.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:06:44 AM, on 7/28/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
d:\bugoff\BugOff.exe
D:\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2997072725-191015541-2803139649-1001\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'Please Work 2')
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (SfCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service (TMBMServer) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TmProxy.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 4546 bytes

StartupList report, 7/28/2009, 1:08:20 AM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : D:\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
Detected: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
* Using default options
* Showing rarely important sections
==================================================

Running processes:

d:\bugoff\BugOff.exe
D:\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NOTEPAD.EXE

--------------------------------------------------

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = userinit.exe

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Sidebar = C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
WindowsWelcomeCenter = rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter

File association entry for .HTA:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htafile\shell\open\command

(Default) = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshta.exe "%1" %*

Enumerating Active Setup stub paths:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
(* = disabled by HKCU twin)

[>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\unregmp2.exe /ShowWMP

[>{26923b43-4d38-484f-9b9e-de460746276c}] *
StubPath = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ie4uinit.exe -UserIconConfig

[{2C7339CF-2B09-4501-B3F3-F3508C9228ED}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:/UserInstall %SystemRoot%\system32\themeui.dll

[{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}] *
StubPath = "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe" OCInstallUserConfigOE

[{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}] *
StubPath = %SystemRoot%\system32\unregmp2.exe /FirstLogon /Shortcuts /RegBrowsers /ResetMUI

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4340}] *
StubPath = regsvr32.exe /s /n /i:U shell32.dll

[{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}] *
StubPath = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ie4uinit.exe -BaseSettings

[{89B4C1CD-B018-4511-B0A1-5476DBF70820}] *
StubPath = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Rundll32.exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscories.dll,Install

Shell & screensaver key from C:\Windows\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\Windows\system32\logon.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Checking for EXPLORER.EXE instances:

C:\Windows\Explorer.exe: PRESENT!

C:\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\Windows\Explorer\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\Windows\System\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\Windows\System32\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\Windows\Command\Explorer.exe: not present
C:\Windows\Fonts\Explorer.exe: not present

Checking for superhidden extensions:

.lnk: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.pif: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.exe: not hidden
.com: not hidden
.bat: not hidden
.hta: not hidden
.scr: not hidden
.shs: *Registry key not found*
.shb: *Registry key not found*
.vbs: not hidden
.vbe: not hidden
.wsh: not hidden
.scf: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: NO!)
.url: HIDDEN! (arrow overlay: yes)
.js: not hidden
.jse: not hidden

Verifying REGEDIT.EXE integrity:

- Regedit.exe found in C:\Windows
- .reg open command is normal (regedit.exe %1)
- Company name OK: 'Microsoft Corporation'
- Original filename NOT OK: 'REGEDIT.EXE.MUI'
- File description: 'Registry Editor'

Registry check failed!

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
NameSpace #2: C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
NameSpace #3: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
NameSpace #4: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll

Enumerating Windows NT/2000/XP services

@%SystemRoot%\system32\aelupsvc.dll,-1: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\audiosrv.dll,-204: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\audiosrv.dll,-200: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\bfe.dll,-1001: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\qmgr.dll,-1000: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\browser.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\cryptsvc.dll,-1001: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
@oleres.dll,-5012: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\dnsapi.dll,-101: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\dps.dll,-500: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\ehome\ehstart.dll,-101: %windir%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\emdmgmt.dll,-1000: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\wevtsvc.dll,-200: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@comres.dll,-2450: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
@gpapi.dll,-112: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\hidserv.dll,-101: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\ikeext.dll,-501: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\iphlpsvc.dll,-200: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetSvcs (autostart)
@comres.dll,-2946: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\srvsvc.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\wkssvc.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver: system32\DRIVERS\lltdio.sys (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\lmhsvc.dll,-101: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted (autostart)
UAC File Virtualization: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\luafv.sys (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\mmcss.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\FirewallAPI.dll,-23090: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\netprof.dll,-246: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\nlasvc.dll,-1: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\nsisvc.dll,-200: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\pcasvc.dll,-1: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
PEAUTH: system32\drivers\peauth.sys (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\umpnpmgr.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\polstore.dll,-5010: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\profsvc.dll,-300: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@oleres.dll,-5010: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss (autostart)
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder: system32\DRIVERS\rspndr.sys (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1: %SystemRoot%\system32\lsass.exe (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\schedsvc.dll,-100: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\seclogon.dll,-7001: %windir%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\Sens.dll,-200: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Trend Micro Central Control Component: "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\SfCtlCom.exe" (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\shsvcs.dll,-12288: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101: %SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1: %SystemRoot%\System32\spoolsv.exe (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\sysmain.dll,-1000: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\TabSvc.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\tbssvc.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
TCP/IP Registry Compatibility: System32\drivers\tcpipreg.sys (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\termsrv.dll,-268: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\shsvcs.dll,-8192: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
Trend Micro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service: "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM\TMBMSRV.exe" /service (autostart)
tmpreflt: system32\DRIVERS\tmpreflt.sys (autostart)
Trend Micro WFP Callout Driver: system32\DRIVERS\tmwfp.sys (autostart)
tmxpflt: system32\DRIVERS\tmxpflt.sys (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\trkwks.dll,-1: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\dwm.exe,-2000: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
vsapint: system32\DRIVERS\vsapint.sys (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\w32time.dll,-200: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\webclnt.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\wersvc.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup (autostart)
@%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MsMpRes.dll,-103: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs (autostart)
@%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmisvc.dll,-205: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\system32\wpdbusenum.dll,-100: %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%SystemRoot%\System32\wscsvc.dll,-200: %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\SearchIndexer.exe,-103: %systemroot%\system32\SearchIndexer.exe /Embedding (autostart)
@%systemroot%\system32\wuaueng.dll,-105: %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs (autostart)

Enumerating Windows NT logon/logoff scripts:
*No scripts set to run*

Windows NT checkdisk command:
BootExecute = autocheck autochk *

Windows NT 'Wininit.ini':
PendingFileRenameOperations: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\~PRCustomProps#165.dat||C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\~PRObjects#165.dat||C:\Config.Msi\1eb919.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb96e.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9da.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9df.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9e2.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9e3.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9e4.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9e5.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9e6.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9e7.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9e9.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9ea.rbf||C:\Config.Msi\1eb9eb.rbf

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

WebCheck: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\webcheck.dll

End of report, 12,568 bytes
Report generated in 0.124 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only[hr][/hr]
Vistaphobic

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Vundo & Co. partying inside my new Dell

Unread postby MWR 3 day Mod » August 1st, 2009, 2:32 am

Hi,

We are sorry to see your topic is over three days old and no one has yet been able to respond and offer help.

If you still require assistance, please post a link to your topic in our Waiting for help with malware removal? forum, and our staff will make an effort to assist you as promptly as possible. Only post a LINK to this topic, DO NOT post your DDS log!

Please do not reply to this topic.

If you haven't posted within two days in the "Waiting for help with malware removal?" forum, we will assume you have been able to get assistance in other ways and this topic will be closed.
MWR 3 day Mod
MRU Undergrad
MRU Undergrad

Re: Vundo & Co. partying inside my new Dell

Unread postby Gary R » August 1st, 2009, 3:06 am

Hi ,

I see you are using an x64 (64 bit) version of Windows.

Unfortunately up until very recently we did not have tools that gave reliable information for x64 systems. Because of that we were unable to properly diagnose and analyse infections on x64 systems.

We do now have a very limited number of tools, and are currently developing strategies for working on x64 machines, but these are not yet in place, and until we have a number of helpers fully cognisant of the peculiarities of the x64 operating system, the risks of causing damage to an x64 machine by inappropriate action are still deemed to be unacceptable.

Because of this, we do not at this time offer support for 64 bit operating systems.

Sorry we can't be of help to you.

Gary R
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!