Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Google Redirect Virus

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Google Redirect Virus

Unread postby aceshigh616 » July 31st, 2009, 4:26 pm

actually things are not so good...i went to use winamp to play some music but it kept shutting itself off after about 5 seconds. then i went to restart the computer and got stuck on a black screen with a flashing white underscore in the top left corner. after waiting about 3 minutes i turned off the computer and started it back up, and winamp is still closing itself out. this was not happening until i just did all the stuff in the last step...
aceshigh616

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby aceshigh616 » July 31st, 2009, 4:31 pm

woops already posted that i didn't think it went through...
aceshigh616

Unread postby jmw3 » July 31st, 2009, 6:39 pm

Try uninstalling then reinstall Winamp.
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby aceshigh616 » July 31st, 2009, 7:21 pm

I used the system restore to get winamp running again...however my computer's restart function seems to be permanently impaired. I have to do a cold boot everytime I want to restart it...could this be related to anything we did getting rid of the malware?
aceshigh616

Unread postby jmw3 » July 31st, 2009, 7:50 pm

Hi
Could you give me a bit more detail? When did this first start to occur? Do you mean when then computer is running & you want to restart?
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby aceshigh616 » July 31st, 2009, 8:04 pm

This happened for the first time after I did the last string of stuff you had me do, run that cleaner, get the new adobe, etc. I restarted (start, turn off computer, restart) and after the Dell loading screen that first comes up I just got the black screen. I've tried restarting it this way many times since and it always happens. To get the computer going I have to manually turn the power off and then on again.
aceshigh616

Unread postby aceshigh616 » July 31st, 2009, 8:48 pm

alright well it was a bizarre problem but it seems to have worked itself out..guess i'm all set here...thank you
aceshigh616

Unread postby jmw3 » July 31st, 2009, 9:43 pm

Good to hear :thumbup:

All Clean
Congratulations, good work, your system is now clean. Now that your system is safe we would like you to keep it that way.
Take the time to follow these recommendations & it will greatly reduce the risk of further infections and greatly diminish the chances of you having to visit here again.

Microsoft Windows Update
Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office products loopholes and fix any bugs found. Install the updates immediately if they are found.
To update Windows
Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update
To update Office
Open up any Office program.
Go to Help > Check for Updates

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee.
You can find a tutorial here. I would highly recommend you keep this updated & run it regularly.

SpywareBlaster
Download and install Javacools SpywareBlaster from here
SpywareBlaster adds a list of ActiveX controls, tracking cookies and sites which will be blocked in either Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. You need to manually check for updates regularly.

Download and Install a HOSTS File
A HOSTS file is a big list of bad web sites. The list has a specific format, a specific name, (name is just HOSTS with no file extension), and a specific location. Your machine always looks at that file in that location before connecting to a web site to verify the address. So the HOSTS listing can be used to "short circuit" a request to a bad website by giving it the address of your own machine.

Download BlueTack's HOSTS Manager here, using Internet Explorer (Firefox won't work):
  • A short distance down the page in the centre, click on the Download button
  • Agree to the license
  • On the next page, to the right side of where it says Download Estimates, right click on the underlined word Hosts Manager choose Save Target As and download the installer Hosts20setup.exe to your desktop
  • Double click the Installer on your desktop and let it Install the Hosts Manager
  • After the installation is complete, click on the Hosts Manager icon on your desktop. (You can delete the other Hosts Switch icon from your desktop)
  • When the Hosts Manager comes up, click the small down arrows on the right side of the bar labeled Options and Tools,
  • Click Disable DNS Service. This is important
  • In the Left Pane, click Download
  • It will load 80,000 lines or more. When it finishes, also in the left pane, click Replace, and then click Save
You can use this manager to handle your HOSTS file download, edits, and most any other HOSTS issue.
If you have a separate party firewall or Winpatrol, you may have to give permissions at various times to Unlock the present default HOSTS file and install the new one.

Web of Trust
WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:
  • Green to go
  • Yellow for caution
  • Red to stop
WOT has an addon available for both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Install WinPatrol
Download it here
You can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Read some information here on how to prevent Malware.

Hopefully these steps will help keep your computer clean.

Stand Up and Be Counted ---> Malware Complaints <--- where you can make difference!
The site offers people who have been (or are) victims of malware the opportunity to document their story and, in that way, launch a complaint against the malware and the makers of the malware.

If there are any other questions then feel free to ask or in future do not hesitate to contact us here at The Malware Removal Forums
jmw3
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby Shaba » August 3rd, 2009, 6:05 am

aceshigh616 this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous