Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Infected!!!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Unread postby jwbirdsong » January 12th, 2006, 2:51 am

Well lorenr it look to me like ...

Congratulations, your log is clean.

First, let's reset your hidden/system files and folders. System files are hidden for a reason and we don't want to have them openly available and susceptible to accidental deletion.

* Click Start.
    * Open My Computer.
    * Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
    * Select the View tab.
    * Under the Hidden files and folders heading UNSELECT Show hidden files and folders.
    * CHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
    * Click Yes to confirm.
    * Click OK.

Next, let's clean your restore points and set a new one:

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)
    1. Turn off System Restore.
      On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
      Click Properties.
      Click the System Restore tab.
      Check Turn off System Restore.
      Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.
      On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
      Click Properties.
      Click the System Restore tab.
      UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
      Click Apply, and then click OK.

System Restore will now be active again.

To reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing SpywareBlaster and SpyWareGuard and IE/Spyad.

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard are by JavaCool and both are free programs. SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed and consumes no system resources. SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.

IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It is free.

More info and download is available at link in my signature

Make SURE to read and follow the advise in How Did I Get Infected in the First Place??

Have you had any luck (or tried yet) the support page for Etrust??..Sorry I wasn't able to help anymore with that issue...But I'm sure it's a small matter that they deal with quite frequently......Hopefully they will be able to.

The MAIN thing is your Virus scanner is working, right?? (The main program)

Check these settings is O.E. They have nothing to do with he Etrust issue, but if you keep you O.E set to the following Email scanning is really not needed anyway. While the following link is regarding Norton the concept applies to Most Av programs...
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/na ... 2921552806

Note specifically from Technical Instructions...
Also, your computer is protected if Auto-Protect is enabled. Auto-Protect scans any incoming files, including email attachments, when the files are saved to your hard drive.

If you also turn off incoming email scanning, Norton AntiVirus will continue to protect your computer as long as Auto-Protect is enabled. Auto-Protect scans any incoming files, including email attachments, when the files are saved to your hard drive

Just make sure of a couple of setting in OE...

1) Under O.E>Tools>Security make sure that OE is running in Restricted Zone
2)Under O.E>Tools>Security> make sure that you have "Do not allow attachment to be saved or opened..(4th box) Checked.

3) OE>Tools>Maintainable>UNcheck "Compact messages in background" (Nothing to do with security..just good OE policy

Learn more about your OE HERE Dr. Cochran is one of the foremost authorities on OE and an MS MVP

Whewwwwwwww.....
jwbirdsong

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Thanks For All Your Help!

Unread postby lorenr » January 13th, 2006, 8:36 pm

JW,

I've downloaded all your recommended anti-spyware and think my computer is now very well protected. I also figured out the red x on the av icon and have taken care of that.
One last question, when I'm on the internet and I open a new web page, it comes up minimized and I have to expand the page. How do I set it so that it comes up expanded?
You have been a lifesaver and I am sending a donation tonight!
By the way, what city do you live in?...just curious.
Loren
lorenr

Unread postby jwbirdsong » January 14th, 2006, 12:30 am

In reverse order (pretty much) I now live in Denver CO, been here around 18 yrs or so....

Also any donation is GREATLY appreciated..

For the new page problem in IE ( I assume I.E.) try the following

Open any internet explorer window...do NOT maximize it, rather click on the middle box in the upper right so you have 2 overlapping rectangles showing..NOT the one big one....now go to the lower right corner of the IE windows Left click and hold then drag the window out as big as possible (you may have to reposition the window to do this.

Next grab your task bar (the bar on the bottom of the screen) by click/hold on the top edge....drag it up to about half way up the screen. release. Grab and shrink it again..this forces IE to recalculate the size of IE windows....Now if you have ANY open windows make sure the BIG IE windows is the lst one closed......

It really easier than typing/reading about it...

If that doesn't work let me know..there are a few more fixes that is just the easiest/ most common.
jwbirdsong

Unread postby NonSuch » January 15th, 2006, 4:19 am

Glad we could be of assistance.