Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Website Malware Removal?

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Website Malware Removal?

Unread postby funplex » June 18th, 2009, 4:14 pm

Hi everyone! I am having a problem with malware on my website. Google has recently detected malicious software on my website, which apparently seems to be due to hacking. I am having difficulty in locating and removing the malware. I am wondering if there is any malware removal tool or software that I can use to solve this issue. If there is anyone out there who can assist me I am truly grateful. Thank You.
funplex

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Website Malware Removal?

Unread postby Orac » June 19th, 2009, 5:38 am

Hi funplex

As google has detected malware on your site, my first though would be have you tried Google webmaster tools I havnt used them myself, but they may help you locate the source of malware.

It would also be worth your while to run RootKit Hunter it can be downloaded from the download link on that page.

Unfortutly their are no tools available for use on a server that allows remote analysis of the machine in the same way that can be done using HJT (and other tools) for locating and removing malware from windows machines.

First change your usernames and passwords, if you site has been hacked these will be known to the hackers.

The best way to find malware on a server is to manually check each directory and file for malware. Start by looking for any file names you dont recoginse. Also take a carefull look at all the readme files, malware is oftern hidden in files named readme, knowing full well thats the one file most people dont bother reading helps them avoid detection!!

Once you have found and removed all the malware, again change your username and passwords. Its best pratice to change these every month if you can.

An alternative approach, assuming you have uptodate backups of your site. Would be to delete everything on the server, and then reinstall all the software you are using from fresh downloads, and then installing your own data from your backups. If you do take this approach, please check each back up for the existance of anything malicious before you install it.

If you are totaly stuck, we do have our own server support site, however the only way we would be able to assist you, is you would have to allow us full root access to your site, which quiet understandably you may not want to do.

If you are intrestesed in us taking a look at the server for you, please respond in this message, i will then send you a PM with instructions on how to join our server support site.

Good luck.

Orac

MWR Server Admin
Orac
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Re: Website Malware Removal?

Unread postby NonSuch » June 24th, 2009, 6:57 pm

As this issue does not involve malware on a personal computer, and there appear to be no further questions, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator