Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Credit card security

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Credit card security

Unread postby thefuse » January 6th, 2006, 9:50 am

Can someone please tell me if its safe to have my credit card details with ebay while i have trojans in my system?
i joined ebay last week and tped in all my details, then realised the computer was infected. :(
thefuse

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby VopThis » January 6th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Trojan Horses or Backdoors open your PC from the inside to attackers. Once a trojan is installed, someone can take full control of your computer. That means that they are free to download any form of additional spyware on your PC such as keyloggers or can report sensitive information to 'home base'.

According, it is highly possible that passwords have been compromised. Some of your initial measures may have removed the infection but it is always possible that some of your password(s),etc. are now in the hands of others. Act accordingly and change all 'sensitive' passwords and your banking logistics.
VopThis

Unread postby thefuse » January 6th, 2006, 4:02 pm

What exactly do you mean by 'change my bank logistics?'
thefuse

Unread postby VopThis » January 6th, 2006, 5:12 pm

'change my bank logistics?'

Better safe than sorry. On any potential credit card compromise, I would explain the situation to your issuer and request that your current card be cancelled and a new card issued.

Someone may be in possession of all the necessary info to use your card at some point. This situation could also be a step towards identity theft, as well. Better safe than sorry.
VopThis

Unread postby NonSuch » January 10th, 2006, 4:07 am

As thefuse has posted a HijackThis log here, this topic will now be closed...

http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6283
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove