Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Possible virus?? Suddenly "disabled by administrator"

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Possible virus?? Suddenly "disabled by administrator"

Unread postby chryssi2001 » May 9th, 2009, 3:24 am

Hello dancingheart714,

Yes AVG8 shows :)

It's not run from a program - it appears to be a problem with either Adobe flash player, it keeps telling me it's not installed but when I download it from their site it says the download has been completed - or it's because the browser isn't allowing the pop-up boxes that the site needs, but I can't find anywhere where pop-ups are disabled

Do you mean your son tries to login that program online and can't access it?

Is there any other site he can try to log in to access this program?
----------------------------------------------
Update Adobe Reader
Recently there have been vunerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version. Adobe Reader 9.1.
You can download it from http://get.adobe.com/reader/
After installing the latest Adobe Reader, uninstall all previous versions.
If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UNcheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.

If you don't like Adobe Reader, you can download Foxit PDF Reader from here.
It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.
Note: When installing FoxitReader, be carefull not to install anything to do with AskBar.
Please download ATF cleaner
Make sure that all browser windows are closed.
    Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    Under Main choose: Select All and UNCHECK Cookies.
    Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
    Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All and UNCHECK Cookies.
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
    Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All and UNCHECK Cookies.
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc, also for Adobe Flash player.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

If you this problem continues, try uninstalling-reinstalling Adobe Flash player and let me know what happens.

You can download the latest version from here.

Also have some read here.
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby dancingheart714 » May 11th, 2009, 8:29 pm

Ran the ATF Cleaner and the Health Check, installed Adobe Reader and Flash. I can now access his school site, which requires the flash, through opera browser but still not through ie. We can use opera - no problem there. I think everything else seems to be good.
dancingheart714

Unread postby chryssi2001 » May 12th, 2009, 12:12 pm

Hello dancingheart714,

Ran the ATF Cleaner and the Health Check, installed Adobe Reader and Flash. I can now access his school site, which requires the flash, through opera browser but still not through ie. We can use opera - no problem there. I think everything else seems to be good.

Ok, glad at least 1 browser is working with it. It might be something in your Internet Explorer settings.

In case you need help to solve this problem, as it's not malware related, you can visit one of the 3 General Troubleshooting forums below.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
http://www.techguy.org/
I can't see any firewall in your HijackThis log, so i assume you use windows firewall.

FIREWALL
Without a firewall your computer is susceptible to being hacked and taken over. If you use the Windows Firewall you might think that's sufficient but it only controls one way of the traffic (inbound). Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. It's preferable to install one of the suggested firewalls.
Vista users, must check compatibility with Vista before installation.

FREE FIREWALLS
Tutorial about Firewalls can be found here
Time for some housekeeping
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
The above procedure will reset your System Restore and clear out the backups and quarantines created during the course of this fix.
Congratulations your machine appears to be clean! :)

Here are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6
Download it from here. Just choose a mirror and off you go.
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spybot properly here

Install SpyWare Blaster 4.0
Download it from here
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spyware Blaster here

Install WinPatrol
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Install MVPS Hosts File from here
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
Find Tutorial here : http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check

Visit Microsoft often to get the latest updates for your computer.
http://www.update.microsoft.com

Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"

Read some information here how to prevent Malware.

Is your pc running slow?
Read What to do if your Computer is running slowly

Happy safe surfing!
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby chryssi2001 » May 14th, 2009, 1:44 pm

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous