Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Can post now....

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Can post now....

Unread postby mak_20789 » May 5th, 2009, 12:12 pm

Hi,
my subject line might seem a bit irrelevant, but what I mean is after my last post :

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39754

I was unable to read/send my mails or to post to any forums. I read that Katana was trying to help me but I was unable to respond. I was feeling like someone had tied up my mouth :( So finally yesterday I reinstalled Xp, and Ubuntu 8.04 and now I am surfing from Ubuntu, not Xp. Earlier it was the same case but I faced same problem in XP and ubuntu. (About mails) Not only that, but my system time in both OSes kept on changing after each restart. And if I connected to net using XP, I got message saying a new USB drive was attached to my system.
Now with fresh installation these problems have disappeeared, but please tell me what things one needs to take care of while surfing through Linux.
I have enabled firewall and used 'ufw default deny'.
Can I post hijack log of my Ubuntu here?
What softwares are available for linux for security?
Also I want to install Java..and my be the flash thing ( sorry I dont know the exact name I will do it when some site asks me to install it).
Will it be safe?
Thank you.
mak_20789

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Can post now....

Unread postby NonSuch » May 5th, 2009, 9:11 pm

Unfortunately, our site is geared toward assisting PC users who utilize standard Microsoft operating systems. For questions related to Ubuntu, including security questions, I suggest you try here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/

As this issue does not involve a Windows operating system, and therefore falls outside the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!