Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

P2P vs Love

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

P2P vs Love

Unread postby Bob4 » December 27th, 2005, 3:24 pm

My 16 yr old daughter got here NaNo ipod for xMas this yr.

For those outta the loop it's the smallest ipod ( I hope ) . With a screen that had to have been designed by an optimologist with stock in contact lenses. Holds about 500 songs. Yeah I don't see the reason either. But then again im way beyond 16 almost 3 times over.

She's a straight A honors student 11th yr. Works on the school paper and has 2 jobs. One is just feeding the neighbors horses in the afternoon and doing stalls. She has done this since she is 10 years old. Takes about an hr a day.

Now how could I look her in the eye and tell her she couldn't download music while she was here to visit Dad for X mas. She's still stuck with dial up at home. So off she goes .. I come back and low and behold there it is. Limewire, on my machine. Image

Talk about hard love !

Against my better judgment I let her go at it. She was beaming when it was over and had gotten 230+ songs. I think my machine survived thus far. Ran everything I had before she was out of the driveway. And the log looks good and no side effects .YET!

Was worth the risk to see such a look of joy on her face.

My daughter is gone now and so is Limewire.

WHEW!
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby AgentFade2Black » December 27th, 2005, 7:00 pm

LimeWire (the new versions) don't have malware, and MP3s don't carry virii unless they're EXEs with a changed extension (a common tactic.)

However, LimeWire is not the notorious one for virii. KaZaA, on the other hand, is.
AgentFade2Black

Unread postby Piney » December 27th, 2005, 9:26 pm

Bless your heart for making her day! A computer is just a box that can be cleaned (like the litter box? ;) ) but it seems she is a hard worker and greatly deserved the joy she received by you allowing her to do the downloads :)
Piney
Retired Graduate

Unread postby AgentFade2Black » December 27th, 2005, 10:47 pm

Piney wrote:Bless your heart for making her day! A computer is just a box that can be cleaned (like the litter box? ;) ) but it seems she is a hard worker and greatly deserved the joy she received by you allowing her to do the downloads :)

Amen to that! (Is there a smiley of two faces clinking beer bottles somewhere? I can't do my "CHEERS!" shtick without it! :( )
AgentFade2Black

Unread postby Bob4 » December 28th, 2005, 2:09 am

AgentFade2BlackAmen to that! (Is there a smiley of two faces clinking beer bottles somewhere? I can't do my "CHEERS!" shtick without it! :( )

Here ya go enjoy.

http://www.bob-4.com/forums/images/smiles/toast.gif

http://www.bob-4.com/forums/images/smiles/cheers.gif

Image[/quote]
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby Rogue » December 28th, 2005, 2:41 am

Your a good man Bob4. I have three teen boys that I have to deal with still at home. Bearshare is not my friend.
Rogue
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Bob4 » December 28th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Well if nothing else happened the junk e mail is pouring in.
:evil:
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby AgentFade2Black » December 29th, 2005, 10:05 am

Thanks Bob4.

Here it comes:

CHEERS! Image
AgentFade2Black

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions