Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

msconfig

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

msconfig

Unread postby scotte » April 10th, 2005, 9:20 am

I cant figure this out. this all started on tuesday. i removed something from MSCONFIG. Now it pops up the window everytime the PC boots. "you hae use msconfig start etc..." I have tried deleting it from the registry but it still is thier. can anybody help.?
scotte

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby 3162 » April 10th, 2005, 9:36 am

can anybody help

Not without a lot more details.
OS?
What item did you disable in msconfig?
Do you know what you are doing when you delete something in registry? >>Did you make a backup first?
MRU Emeritus
MRU Emeritus

Unread postby scotte » April 10th, 2005, 10:01 am

WINXP PROSP2
i uninstalled Norton 2005 antivirus and there remains some entries in the registry (current version\run) area. i also notice them in MSCONFIG
(bootwarn,CfgWiz, SNDmon, ccap) they are checked, but they are not running on my machine. i used the Norton reg removal tool for 2005 also, and now eversince then MSCONFIG pops up everytime i start.

Yes i have backups, i allready restored to prevoius time but it did not help.
scotte

Unread postby GR@PH;<'S » April 19th, 2005, 12:37 pm

scotte,
After you have used the msconfig your asked to restart your PC up on doing this you will get a message that lets you know that items have been delt with within the msconfig.
you can stop the message from appeairing by putting a Tick (Check) in the small box (Bottom left) of the message, Then next time you start your PC you will no longer get the message

If you remove some thing that you need you can always goback and re-Tick (re-Check) any items
(Note every time you use the msconfig you will recive that message)

GR@PH;<'S :wave:
GR@PH;<'S

fixed

Unread postby scotte » April 20th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Thanks, but that was not the problem msconfig would stay in the registry startup everytime you would delete it it would come back, along with several entries of software that i had removed the week before. I have since wiped my system and did a clean install install. it was about a year anyway, too much testing going on i wacked the Registry.
scotte

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions