Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

am i doing this right??

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: am i doing this right??

Unread postby silverheelsbell » March 20th, 2009, 1:20 am

k, i'm working on your suggestions and the first one, internet explorer security stuff, my settings were on those, except i can't find the last one, the closest i can find says...
navigate windows & frames across diff frames
and mine there is set to disable, should i change this one to prompt (or whatever you suggested, it's not this screen now!)?
silverheelsbell

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby John B. » March 20th, 2009, 3:13 am

Hi,

I will answer all your questions now, but let's focus on the random booting and shutting down.

also, i'm wondering what is supportsoft software/dna editor? it never used to be in my all programs til just the last couple days or so and i really don't recall downloading anything that said that...

Then I recommend that you uninstall the program:
  • Click Start
  • Go to Control Panel
  • Go to Add/Remove Programs
  • Find and click Remove for the following:

DNA Editor

the other thing is i really don't trust zonealarm antivirus (i didn't even mean to have it as my antivirus--i had trend & thought i was renewing that through an email without realizing i was actually getting zonealarm instead--ugh--i'm so spacey!) so i'm doing the 30day free trial of a new antivirus--dr.webcureit--something like that--do you know if it's a good one or not? should i buy it after the trial or do you know a better antivirus to recommend? it found one thing so far is all but i haven't had time to do a complete scan yet, after which i think i will finally feel like my 'puter is safe!!

I do not recommend Dr. Web Cure-It because I used to have a lot of false positives with that program (good files being deleted). Here are some Anti Virus products which are free for personal use and most used:
Avast
Avira AntiVir

Here are some really good paid programs which you can buy online or in a shop nearby:
ESET NOD32
Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security with Firewall included

If you also want another firewall then here are my recommendations. There are some different situations you can be in where a third-party firewall may or may not be a good addition to your system:
  • If you are not using Windows XP or Vista, but an older version I recommend you to use a firewall.
  • If you are using Windows XP or Vista, but are on dial-up I recommend you to use a firewall.
  • If you are using Windows XP or Vista and are using broadband, but are not experienced in using firewalls and getting the choice to allow or disallow things I recommend you to use Windows Firewall.
  • If you are using Windows XP or Vista, are using broadband and experienced, I recommend you to disable Windows Firewall (as it is not perfect) and get a third-party firewall.

Here are some firewalls which are free for personal use and most used:
Kerio Personal Firewall (Free version after 30 days)
Online Armor Free

Or you could buy their paid version online or in a shop nearby:
Kerio Personal Firewall (Continue paid version after 30 days)
Online Armor

and mine there is set to disable, should i change this one to prompt

Well, disable is that it will not allow anyway and prompt is that it will ask you to allow. So thinking logically disable would be more secure :)

one thing my 'puter has still been doing is turning itself on & off at random (other's have noticed this as well, i promise!) and just yesterday, i opened up firefox (i use that one too) and it went to first one strange webpage, then another, then finally to my homepage.

By viewing the Event Viewer logs we could maybe find out what is wrong.
  • Go to Start
  • Click on Run
  • In the box, type eventvwr
  • Look at the System and Application log files and note any that are created at the time you have one of those random boots or shutdowns. Red ones may also be interesting.
  • We need to know the Event ID and Source.

In Device Manager we can find out if anything is wrong with one of your devices.
  • Right-click on My Computer
  • Click Manage
  • Now click on Device Manager
  • Expand all the sections and check them for any exclamation marks. Make a note of it
  • We need to know the section where the device was found and the name of the device

Please let me know.

Regards,
John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby silverheelsbell » March 23rd, 2009, 3:20 am

ugh, just lost my whole post...

k, first there's no dna editor under add/remove programs but there is supportsoft...something or other that this is listed under on all programs. should i remove that?

next, back to trend antivirus, i've just doing trials, i've gotta wait a couple more weeks before i buy one, but i will probably get kaspersky then, thanks!

i'm not sure of the exact times it's turned itself on or off, so i'll have to wait til it happens again for that.

lots more weird stuff, opening things w windows when default is firefox, um, another one is winpatrol apparently only works sometimes???

k, under application we have...

application hang...1001 ,1002, 1008, 1000
windows search...3024, 3058, 3028, 3029, 7040, 3013

also, probably not important, but here's a white ones that showed up bout 20 times throughout the day, but it seems odd cuz i had accidently left my puter on all day but i know for a fact no one was here on my puter when they occured....
hhctrl....1903

under system
service control 7000, 7001, 7023

seems like there was more earlier, weird, but here's a yellow one
tcpip 4226

i dunno, seems like they were different earlier, i must be losing my mind, lol, sorry!! ok, this are definately different, cuz i looked through earlier and the stuff that happened at 7:02am has changed, i remember cuz my son must've done it, and i thought to myself "how could he have changed 100 things in a min" and now there's only a few listed for that min. is this stuff 'posed to change?
silverheelsbell

Unread postby silverheelsbell » March 23rd, 2009, 3:27 am

also, under device manager, i don't see any!!

on the event viewer, most of the events now say n/a under user and i don't think that there was many of those earlier either.
silverheelsbell

Unread postby silverheelsbell » March 23rd, 2009, 3:52 am

i was looking at winpatrol (& i need to pay for this--it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what stuff is!) and i noticed that i have winpatrolex.exe & winpatrol.exe -- the first version was installed on 3/19 (by me! that was the day i downloaded it at your suggestion) and the second one was installed tonight at 10:22pm (but i didn't touch it til just now!) and there's no event logs for this time (wouldn't this have created one?), under application there's one for 10:01p and the next log isn't til 10:25p and it was that support program msi installer event 11729 says configuration failed, shouldn't that be red? i wish i could figure out 'puters better--just enough to drive myself nuts, ugh!!
silverheelsbell

Unread postby silverheelsbell » March 23rd, 2009, 5:32 am

k, here's another thing that just happened that seems weird (but maybe it isn't??) a box opened up and said that trend asked to close microsoft visual c++ 2005 ... "in an unusual way" (i checked and saw it under event--system--source application popup--26)
so i had to turn off puter cuz that messed it up and now there's two diff microsoft visual c++ ... in add/remove program, diff sizes but same name, is there 'posed to be two of them?
silverheelsbell

Unread postby silverheelsbell » March 23rd, 2009, 5:57 am

last post for tonight, i promise, i know i'm nuts but i was looking at, well, lots of stuff and i noticed this
in the event viewer properties, it says "last modified 3/22 10:49pm" and i don't think i modified it somehow, i'm pretty sure of that, in fact i think that's about the time i ran to the store get smokes, but under system, it says 10:49p source, event log--6006 which was apparently when it was shut off? until ... 11:07p 3/22 source event log, 6005, which was apparently when it was turned back on, i didn't turn it off or back on, not a clue how to do that???
silverheelsbell

Unread postby John B. » March 23rd, 2009, 2:37 pm

Hi Peggy,

k, first there's no dna editor under add/remove programs but there is supportsoft...something or other that this is listed under on all programs. should i remove that?

With 'supportsoft something' I cannot do anything. Either decide for yourself whether you want to keep it or give me more detailed information.

lots more weird stuff, opening things w windows when default is firefox, um, another one is winpatrol apparently only works sometimes???

I do not understand what you are saying here.

i was looking at winpatrol (& i need to pay for this--it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what stuff is!)

It is free software. If you do not like it you can uninstall it again, it was just a general recommendation.

i noticed that i have winpatrolex.exe & winpatrol.exe

Both are fine. It is probably just a part of WinPatrol that was installed or activated a little later.

here's another thing that just happened that seems weird (but maybe it isn't??) a box opened up and said that trend asked to close microsoft visual c++ 2005 ... "in an unusual way" (i checked and saw it under event--system--source application popup--26)
so i had to turn off puter cuz that messed it up

Sometimes these things happen.

here's two diff microsoft visual c++ ... in add/remove program, diff sizes but same name, is there 'posed to be two of them?

This is possible and if they have the same name I would not touch it.

i didn't turn it off or back on, not a clue how to do that???

Hmm, let's see if you really are no longer infected with something more deep than we went.

Download Gmer to your Desktop and unzip it to your Desktop.
http://www.gmer.net/gmer.zip

Disconnect from internet and close running programs.
There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double click gmer.exe.
Let the gmer.sys driver load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...say Ok.
If no warning....
Click the rootkit tab
To the right of the program you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked... leave everything checked. Then click the Scan button. Wait for the scan to finish.
Once done click the Copy button. Post the log in a reply to this topic.

Regards,
John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby silverheelsbell » March 26th, 2009, 2:30 am

here, thanks, i'll stop after this...

GMER 1.0.15.14944 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-03-25 23:14:36
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT 86A6ACC0 ZwCreateKey
SSDT 86A6A1C0 ZwCreateProcess
SSDT 86A6A480 ZwCreateProcessEx
SSDT 86A6BB20 ZwCreateThread
SSDT 86A6B240 ZwDeleteKey
SSDT 86A6B500 ZwDeleteValueKey
SSDT 86A6BCC0 ZwLoadDriver
SSDT 86A6A740 ZwOpenProcess
SSDT 86A6AF80 ZwSetValueKey
SSDT 86A6AA00 ZwTerminateProcess
SSDT 86A6B980 ZwWriteVirtualMemory

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe[2112] kernel32.dll!WriteFile 7C810E17 7 Bytes JMP 00585C0C C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSSRCH.DLL (mssrch.dll/Microsoft Corporation)

---- User IAT/EAT - GMER 1.0.15 ----

IAT C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE[324] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00C42F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE[324] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00C42CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE[324] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00C42D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE[324] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00C42CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe[436] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00512F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe[436] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00512CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe[436] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00512D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe[436] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00512CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Fisher-Price\DACS\MiniApp\DACSMiniApp.exe[532] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00802F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Fisher-Price\DACS\MiniApp\DACSMiniApp.exe[532] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00802CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Fisher-Price\DACS\MiniApp\DACSMiniApp.exe[532] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00802D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Fisher-Price\DACS\MiniApp\DACSMiniApp.exe[532] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00802CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe[1144] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00EC2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe[1144] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00EC2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe[1144] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00EC2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe[1144] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00EC2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe[1628] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [003C2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe[1628] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [003C2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe[1628] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [003C2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe[1628] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [003C2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for gmer.zip\gmer.exe[2352] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00802F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for gmer.zip\gmer.exe[2352] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00802CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for gmer.zip\gmer.exe[2352] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00802D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for gmer.zip\gmer.exe[2352] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00802CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00D42F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00D42CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00D42D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00D42CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryExW] [6113A40D] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryA] [6113A33F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!GetProcAddress] [61139C3F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryW] [6113A37F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll [GDI32.dll!GetStockObject] [6113909F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryExW] [6113A40D] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryA] [6113A33F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!GetProcAddress] [61139C3F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryW] [6113A37F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [GDI32.dll!GetStockObject] [6113909F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryExA] [6113A3BF] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryExW] [6113A40D] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryW] [6113A37F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryA] [6113A33F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [KERNEL32.dll!GetProcAddress] [61139C3F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [USER32.dll!DefWindowProcA] [61139856] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [USER32.dll!DefWindowProcW] [61139856] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [USER32.dll!GetSysColor] [61138FE2] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [USER32.dll!TrackPopupMenu] [61138F66] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll [USER32.dll!TrackPopupMenuEx] [61138FA4] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [GDI32.dll!GetStockObject] [6113909F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryA] [6113A33F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryW] [6113A37F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!GetProcAddress] [61139C3F] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryExW] [6113A40D] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [KERNEL32.dll!LoadLibraryExA] [6113A3BF] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [USER32.dll!AnimateWindow] [611390DD] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [USER32.dll!TrackPopupMenuEx] [61138FA4] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [USER32.dll!DefWindowProcA] [61139856] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [USER32.dll!GetSysColor] [61138FE2] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [USER32.dll!DefWindowProcW] [61139856] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [USER32.dll!GetSysColorBrush] [611390A5] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe[2396] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll [USER32.dll!TrackPopupMenu] [61138F66] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yui.dll
IAT C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe[2624] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [003D2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe[2624] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [003D2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe[2624] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [003D2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe[2624] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [003D2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe[2732] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [003D2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe[2732] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [003D2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe[2732] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [003D2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe[2732] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [003D2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe[2944] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00B82F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe[2944] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00B82CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe[2944] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00B82D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe[2944] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00B82CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe[3028] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00912F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe[3028] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00912CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe[3028] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00912D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe[3028] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00912CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe[3100] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [003E2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe[3100] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [003E2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe[3100] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [003E2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe[3100] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [003E2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe[3152] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00AD2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe[3152] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00AD2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe[3152] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00AD2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe[3152] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00AD2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe[3468] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00AA2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe[3468] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00AA2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe[3468] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00AA2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe[3468] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00AA2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe[3740] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [003D2F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe[3740] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [003D2CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe[3740] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [003D2D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe[3740] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [003D2CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe[3952] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtCreateFile] [00D22F30] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe[3952] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDeviceIoControlFile] [00D22CA0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe[3952] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtClose] [00D22D00] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)
IAT C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfSeAgnt.exe[3952] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll [ntdll.dll!NtDuplicateObject] [00D22CD0] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\logishrd\LVPrcInj01.dll (Camera Helper Library./Logitech Inc.)

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Ip tmtdi.sys (Trend Micro TDI Driver (i386-fre)/Trend Micro Inc.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Tcp tmtdi.sys (Trend Micro TDI Driver (i386-fre)/Trend Micro Inc.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\Udp tmtdi.sys (Trend Micro TDI Driver (i386-fre)/Trend Micro Inc.)
AttachedDevice \Driver\Tcpip \Device\RawIp tmtdi.sys (Trend Micro TDI Driver (i386-fre)/Trend Micro Inc.)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----
silverheelsbell

Unread postby John B. » March 26th, 2009, 11:53 am

Hi Peggy,

The Gmer log is totally clean, so there is no hidden malware on your system.

If you are still having the same problem, as this is a computer troubleshooting issue, not a malware issue, I suggest you use the following link to go to the What The Tech forums for help from the tech team there:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/forums.html

Please let me know.

Regards,
John.
John B.
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby NonSuch » March 31st, 2009, 8:03 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!