Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Spyware SillyBHO CJ .. Win32/SillyBHO.CJ [CA AV]

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Spyware SillyBHO CJ .. Win32/SillyBHO.CJ [CA AV]

Unread postby Dakeyras » March 17th, 2009, 7:13 am

Hi :)

I did as you requested, here are a copy of my logs, hopefully you will have good news for me....

Fine, we are actually making progress now. Please still be aware I still give no I guarantee that your computer will be at all secure afterwords ;)

In-case not aware your installed CA Anti-Virus is reporting it is out of date. Please check for any updates and download them etc.

After I posted my logs, I took a break and then came back and restarted my computer. My anti-spyware scan started and said I had 3 anti-spyware, this has not happened for quite some time.

What has happened here is ComboFix removed another back-door infection I was aware of and when the aforementioned was removed, it revealed other malware that was on your system that had been previously cloaked and your Security Application then detected it.

I would have preferred you took no action and just inform myself but no harm done.

Next:

Out of interest sake the file system being currently used by your computers operating system is a older type. We can update this safely later on when I can no longer detect any malware. This should improve overall system performance and stability.

ComboFix-Script:

A word of warning: Please do not run ComboFix on your own. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.

• Please open Notepad (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the code box below:

Code: Select all
    KILLALL::

File::
    C:\FOUND.008

Registry::
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{7f743dfb-3fe1-11d9-88b1-806d6172696f}]
  • Save this as CFScript.txt and change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and place it on your desktop.
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
  • ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

CAUTION: Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

Next:

Please launch the installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware application via:

• Start >> All Programs >> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware >> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  • Then click on the Update tab >> Check for Updates <-- If required reboot(restart) your computer.
  • Now click on Scanner then select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
The log can also be found here:
  1. Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  2. Click on the Logs radio tab.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to Restart the computer, please do so immediately.

When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:

• Any problems encountered and or further symptoms at all ?
  • ComboFix Log.
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Log.
  • A new HijackThis Log.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby anvosm » March 17th, 2009, 11:39 pm

Goodevening :)

I seem to have a bit of : a problem here :sad7:

I did as requested:

Please open Notepad (Start -> Run -> type notepad in the Open field -> OK) and copy and paste the text present inside the code box below:

Code:
KILLALL::

File::

Registry::
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{7f743dfb-3fe1-11d9-88b1-806d6172696f}]
Save this as CFScript.txt and change the "Save as type" to "All Files" and place it on your desktop.

Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply

The combo fix scan opened, then it checked for my restore points after which it said preparing to scan......... nothing happened, I waited for 15 - 20 minutes just to make sure.

So, I tried again, same thing......nothing.

Woe is me..... certainly not a techie, can you help or are we at a loss :?

Will wait to hear from you again tomorrow.

Nite... Anne
anvosm

Unread postby Dakeyras » March 18th, 2009, 8:00 am

It is entirely possible unknown malware I have been unable to detect is hindering ComboFix even when renamed. But also I suspect the HIPs Engine of your CA Security Suite might also be hindering ComboFix from functioning correctly.

By HIPs I mean the Host-Based Intrusion Prevention System component of the CA Security Suite Software Firewall. OK try the following first please:

Stop Running Process:

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, this opens the Task Manager
  • Select the processes tab
  • Select one process listed below
  • Click End Process
Continue through the list ending one process at a time.

Process To End

UmxCfg.exe
UmxPol.exe
UmxAgent.exe

Remember to disable your Anti-Virus also, as in the the last ComboFix run it was enabled:
Right click on CA Antivirus icon near the clock (a shield).
Click on CA Anti-Virus > Snooze Anti-Virus Protection.
When prompted, enter in 30 and click on Snooze.

If the above does not work and or any problems still, though not a ideal option we can try to run the ComboFix script in Safe Mode:

Note: No need to disable anything for the ComboFix run whislt your computer is in Safe Mode Anne.

How to boot into Safe Mode:

Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap the F8 key. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode, do so.

If any problems refer to this tutorial.

Next:

If still problems problems rather than carry on with the rest of my instructions. Reboot(restart) your computer back into Normal Mode and inform myself please Anne. Also provide a new RSIT log how to:

Please make sure that RSIT.exe is still on the Desktop.(if not inform myself straight away please)

• Double click once on RSIT.exe
  • RSIT will start running, at the disclaimer click on Continue.
  • When done, 1 log will be produced.
  • Post that in your next reply.

I will then devise a different strategy for what I wish to accomplish OK.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby anvosm » March 18th, 2009, 10:54 pm

Hello, I am back :lol:

Well, this seemed like a long process, ....whew

Anyway, I did as instructed:

[color=#FF0000]Stop Running Process:[/color]

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, this opens the Task Manager
Select the processes tab
Select one process listed below
Click End Process
Continue through the list ending one process at a time.

Process To End

UmxCfg.exe
UmxPol.exe
UmxAgent.exe

Alas...It did not work, so I booted the computer into SAFE MODE
then the COMBO-FIX finally worked.

When I rebooted my anti-spyware detected 3 infections, l did not delete this time, I copied the log for you below.

Then I did the Anti-Malware, nothing detected ????

Finally ... High Jack This
Here are my logs:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1868
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

3/18/2009 9:30:48 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-18 (21-30-48).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 122045
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:32:29 PM, on 3/18/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0013)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\casc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
O1 - Hosts: 195.245.119.131 browser-security.microsoft.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeviceDiscovery] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\casc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAPPActiveProtection] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {56393399-041A-4650-94C7-13DFCB1F4665} (PSFormX Control) - http://www.ca.com/securityadvisor/pestscan/pestscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windows ... 9618271031
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 5445185281
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{CB0C6283-2840-409F-BF46-1CC7FE0F639A}: NameServer = 216.252.64.75 216.252.64.76
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: CA Common Scheduler Service (ccSchedulerSVC) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe

--
End of file - 9904 bytes

*************************[center]

ComboFix 09-03-15.01 - DEFAULT 2009-03-18 21:00:28.2 - FAT32x86 MINIMAL
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.510.399 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\DEFAULT\Desktop\Combo-Fix.exe
AV: CA Anti-Virus *On-access scanning enabled* (Outdated)

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-02-19 to 2009-03-19 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2009-03-29 17:26 . 2009-03-29 17:26 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2009-03-13 09:39 . 2009-03-13 09:39 54,156 --ah----- c:\windows\QTFont.qfn
2009-03-13 09:39 . 2009-03-13 09:39 1,409 --a------ c:\windows\QTFont.for
2009-03-11 19:22 . 2009-03-11 19:22 <DIR> d--hs---- C:\FOUND.008
2009-03-05 21:26 . 2009-03-05 21:26 <DIR> d-------- C:\rsit
2009-03-05 00:29 . 2009-03-05 00:29 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2009-03-05 00:29 . 2009-03-05 00:29 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\DEFAULT\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-03-05 00:29 . 2009-03-05 00:29 <DIR> d-------- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-03-05 00:29 . 2009-02-11 10:19 38,496 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2009-03-05 00:29 . 2009-02-11 10:19 15,504 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2009-02-24 19:11 . 2008-10-16 14:06 268,648 --a------ c:\windows\system32\mucltui.dll
2009-02-24 19:11 . 2008-10-16 14:06 27,496 --a------ c:\windows\system32\mucltui.dll.mui
2009-02-22 21:30 . 2008-12-18 15:14 879,760 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetefile.sys
2009-02-22 21:30 . 2008-12-18 15:14 161,008 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetmonnt.sys
2009-02-22 21:30 . 2008-12-18 15:14 111,856 --a------ c:\windows\system32\isafprod.dll
2009-02-22 21:30 . 2008-12-18 15:14 108,288 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\veteboot.sys
2009-02-22 21:30 . 2008-12-18 15:14 26,352 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\vet-filt.sys
2009-02-22 21:30 . 2008-12-18 15:14 21,488 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\vetfddnt.sys
2009-02-22 21:30 . 2008-12-18 15:14 21,104 --a------ c:\windows\system32\drivers\vet-rec.sys

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-02-01 21:33 410,984 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\deploytk.dll
2009-02-01 21:33 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Java
2008-11-02 18:44 11,148 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\DEFAULT\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2007-06-16 03:02 59,056 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\DEFAULT\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2007-01-01 07:13 0 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Donald\Application Data\wklnhst.dat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CTFMON.EXE"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2006-03-15 15360]
"swg"="c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2007-07-05 68856]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ehTray"="c:\windows\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2004-08-10 59392]
"IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2004-02-10 155648]
"PRONoMgr.exe"="c:\program files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe" [2002-10-23 86016]
"CAVRID"="c:\program files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe" [2008-12-18 271600]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"="c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe" [2003-09-01 176128]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe" [2003-06-25 49152]
"HP Component Manager"="c:\program files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe" [2003-10-23 233472]
"DeviceDiscovery"="c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe" [2003-05-21 229437]
"{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}"="c:\program files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe" [2005-07-15 479232]
"CanonSolutionMenu"="c:\program files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe" [2007-05-14 644696]
"SSBkgdUpdate"="c:\program files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" [2006-10-25 210472]
"OpwareSE4"="c:\program files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe" [2007-02-04 79400]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [2009-02-01 136600]
"cctray"="c:\program files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\casc.exe" [2009-03-29 374000]
"CAPPActiveProtection"="c:\program files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe" [2009-03-29 324848]
"SoundMan"="SOUNDMAN.EXE" [2003-04-24 c:\windows\SOUNDMAN.EXE]

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CTFMON.EXE"="c:\windows\system32\CTFMON.EXE" [2006-03-15 15360]
"DWQueuedReporting"="c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" [2006-10-26 434528]

c:\documents and settings\DEFAULT\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE [2006-10-26 98632]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk - c:\program files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe [2006-08-05 114688]
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 29696]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\PFW]
2007-06-06 15:46 79368 c:\windows\system32\UmxWNP.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32]
"aux"= c:\windows\system32\..\fucxt.iye

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\ComputerAssociatesAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\MSMSGS.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\ONENOTE.EXE"=

S0 KmxStart;KmxStart;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxStart.sys [2009-01-05 107512]
S1 KmxAgent;KmxAgent;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxAgent.sys [2008-11-18 72696]
S2 ccSchedulerSVC;CA Common Scheduler Service;c:\program files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe [2009-02-15 128240]
S2 UmxAgent;HIPS Event Manager;c:\program files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe [2008-12-12 1153528]
S2 UmxCfg;HIPS Configuration Interpreter;c:\program files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe [2008-12-10 797176]
S2 UmxPol;HIPS Policy Manager;c:\program files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe [2008-12-19 297464]
S3 KmxCfg;KmxCfg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\KmxCfg.sys [2008-12-12 205304]
S3 PPCtlPriv;PPCtlPriv;c:\program files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe [2009-02-15 222448]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{7f743dfb-3fe1-11d9-88b1-806d6172696f}]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - D:\autorun.exe
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.ca/
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MI1933~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
LSP: c:\windows\system32\VetRedir.dll
FF - ProfilePath -

catchme 0.3.1367 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-03-18 21:02:04
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 FAT NTAPI

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-568730901-4070995279-2856520603-1003\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AddressBook*]
@Allowed: (Read) (RestrictedCode)
@Allowed: (Read) (RestrictedCode)
--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(224)
c:\windows\system32\UmxWnp.Dll
Completion time: 2009-03-18 21:03:19
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-03-19 02:03:18
ComboFix2.txt 2009-03-17 00:15:26

Pre-Run: 65,101,496,320 bytes free
Post-Run: 65,367,343,104 bytes free

[center]***************************

This is my anti-spyware log

3/18/2009-9:17:15 PM , Detected , WinSpywareProtect , Rogue Security Software , Key "hkey_current_user \software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\drivers" , -1
3/18/2009-9:17:15 PM , Detected , KaZaA , P2P , Key "hkey_current_user \software\kazaa" , -1
3/18/2009-9:17:16 PM , Detected , Bifrost , Backdoor , Key "hkey_current_user \software\wget" , -1
3/18/2009-9:17:16 PM , Detected , Top20.TravelZoo.com , Tracking Cookie , Cookie "default@travelzoo[1].txt" File "C:\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Cookies\default@travelzoo[1].txt" , 67417481
3/18/2009-9:17:17 PM , Detected , Ads.SpecificClick.com , Tracking Cookie , Cookie "default@specificclick[2].txt" File "C:\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Cookies\default@specificclick[2].txt" , 636057395
***End Report***

What a night, hopefully we are getting results, so I guess I will hear from you tomorrow, till then.
Nite
Anne
anvosm

Unread postby anvosm » March 18th, 2009, 11:02 pm

Sorry, I forgot this log
RSIT.exe

Logfile of random's system information tool 1.05 (written by random/random)
Run by DEFAULT at 2009-03-18 22:00:21
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
System drive C: has 62 GB (82%) free of 76 GB
Total RAM: 510 MB (41% free)

Scan saved at 10:00:27 PM, on 3/18/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Desktop\RSIT.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\DEFAULT.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
O1 - Hosts: 195.245.119.131 browser-security.microsoft.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeviceDiscovery] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonSolutionMenu] C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\casc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAPPActiveProtection] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaPPcl] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAAntiSpyware.exe /scan /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {56393399-041A-4650-94C7-13DFCB1F4665} (PSFormX Control) - http://www.ca.com/securityadvisor/pestscan/pestscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windows ... 9618271031
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftup ... 5445185281
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{CB0C6283-2840-409F-BF46-1CC7FE0F639A}: NameServer = 216.252.64.75 216.252.64.76
O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: CA Common Scheduler Service (ccSchedulerSVC) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe

--
End of file - 10123 bytes

======Registry dump======

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}]
Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll [2006-01-12 63128]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}]
Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll [2009-02-01 320920]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}]
Google Toolbar Helper - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll [2009-01-25 251504]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D}]
Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll [2009-01-25 657904]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E}]
Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll [2009-01-25 522224]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9}]
Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll [2009-02-01 34816]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C}]
JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll [2009-02-01 73728]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
{2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - &Google Toolbar - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll [2009-01-25 251504]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ehTray"=C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe [2004-08-10 59392]
"IgfxTray"=C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe [2004-02-10 155648]
"PRONoMgr.exe"=c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe [2002-10-23 86016]
"CAVRID"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe [2008-12-18 271600]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"=C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe [2003-09-01 176128]
"HP Software Update"=C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe [2003-06-25 49152]
"HP Component Manager"=C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe [2003-10-23 233472]
"DeviceDiscovery"=C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe [2003-05-21 229437]
"SoundMan"=C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE [2003-04-24 54784]
"{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}"=C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe [2005-07-15 479232]
"CanonSolutionMenu"=C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe [2007-05-14 644696]
"SSBkgdUpdate"=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe [2006-10-25 210472]
"OpwareSE4"=C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe [2007-02-04 79400]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe [2009-02-01 136600]
"cctray"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\casc.exe [2009-03-29 374000]
"CAPPActiveProtection"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe [2009-03-29 324848]
"CaPPcl"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAAntiSpyware.exe [2009-03-29 570608]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"CTFMON.EXE"=C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe [2006-03-15 15360]
"swg"=C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe [2007-07-05 68856]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk - C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.dll [2004-02-10 339968]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\PFW]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UmxWnp.Dll [2007-06-06 79368]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=0
"legalnoticecaption"=
"legalnoticetext"=
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=1
"undockwithoutlogon"=1
"InstallVisualStyle"=C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
"InstallTheme"=C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=323
"NoDriveAutoRun"=67108863
"NoDrives"=0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\explorer]
"NoDriveAutoRun"=
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=
"NoDrives"=

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTE.EXE"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTE.EXE:*:Enabled:Microsoft Office OneNote"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\system32\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{7f743dfb-3fe1-11d9-88b1-806d6172696f}]
shell\AutoRun\command - D:\autorun.exe

======List of files/folders created in the last 1 months======

2009-03-29 17:26:14 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2009-03-18 21:03:22 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\temp
2009-03-18 21:03:20 ----A---- C:\ComboFix.txt
2009-03-18 20:59:54 ----D---- C:\Combo-Fix
2009-03-18 20:57:12 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\ntbtlog.txt
2009-03-16 19:10:55 ----A---- C:\Boot.bak
2009-03-16 19:10:53 ----RASHD---- C:\cmdcons
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\zip.exe
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\VFIND.exe
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SWXCACLS.exe
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SWSC.exe
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SWREG.exe
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\sed.exe
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\grep.exe
2009-03-16 18:54:19 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\fdsv.exe
2009-03-14 11:39:42 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\NIRCMD.exe
2009-03-14 11:39:26 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT
2009-03-14 11:30:35 ----D---- C:\Qoobox
2009-03-11 19:22:14 ----SHD---- C:\FOUND.008
2009-03-05 21:26:42 ----D---- C:\rsit
2009-03-05 00:29:50 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-03-05 00:29:40 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2009-03-05 00:29:40 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-02-24 19:11:11 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mucltui.dll.mui
2009-02-24 19:11:10 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mucltui.dll
2009-02-22 22:17:53 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\pss
2009-02-22 21:30:16 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\isafprod.dll

======List of files/folders modified in the last 1 months======

2009-03-18 21:07:28 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_U.S. Robotics V.92 Fax Host Int.txt
2009-03-18 21:02:06 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system.ini
2009-03-18 20:52:24 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt
2009-03-16 19:10:56 ----RASH---- C:\boot.ini
2009-02-22 23:38:02 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\win.ini
2009-02-22 21:32:54 ----A---- C:\caisslog.txt
2009-02-22 21:30:18 ----A---- C:\caavsetupLog.txt

======List of drivers (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R1 intelppm;Intel Processor Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys [2006-03-15 36096]
R1 kbdhid;Keyboard HID Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys [2006-03-15 14848]
R1 KmxAgent;KmxAgent; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\kmxagent.sys [2008-11-18 72696]
R1 VETEFILE;VET File Scan Engine; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETEFILE.sys [2008-12-18 879760]
R1 VETFDDNT;VET Floppy Boot Sector Monitor; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETFDDNT.sys [2008-12-18 21488]
R1 VET-FILT;VET File System Filter; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VET-FILT.sys [2008-12-18 26352]
R1 VETMONNT;VET File Monitor; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETMONNT.sys [2008-12-18 161008]
R1 VET-REC;VET File System Recognizer; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VET-REC.sys [2008-12-18 21104]
R2 mdmxsdk;mdmxsdk; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mdmxsdk.sys [2004-03-17 13059]
R3 ALCXWDM;Service for Realtek AC97 Audio (WDM); C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ALCXWDM.SYS [2003-04-24 730092]
R3 E100B;Intel(R) PRO Adapter Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\e100b325.sys [2002-09-25 140800]
R3 hidusb;Microsoft HID Class Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys [2006-03-15 9600]
R3 HSF_DPV;HSF_DPV; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USR_MDMV.sys [2005-08-08 1035008]
R3 HSFHWBS2;HSFHWBS2; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USR_BSC2.sys [2005-08-08 231168]
R3 ialm;ialm; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ialmnt5.sys [2004-02-10 681469]
R3 KmxCfg;KmxCfg; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\kmxcfg.sys [2008-12-12 205304]
R3 mouhid;Mouse HID Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys [2006-03-15 12160]
R3 usbccgp;Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys [2006-03-15 31616]
R3 usbehci;Microsoft USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Miniport Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys [2006-03-15 26624]
R3 usbhub;USB2 Enabled Hub; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys [2006-03-15 57600]
R3 usbprint;Microsoft USB PRINTER Class; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys [2004-08-03 25856]
R3 usbuhci;Microsoft USB Universal Host Controller Miniport Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys [2006-03-15 20480]
R3 VETEBOOT;VET Boot Scan Engine; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETEBOOT.sys [2008-12-18 108288]
R3 winachsf;winachsf; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HSF_USR.sys [2005-08-08 729728]
S3 MHNDRV;MHN driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mhndrv.sys [2004-08-10 11008]
S3 usbscan;USB Scanner Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys [2004-08-03 15104]
S3 USBSTOR;USB Mass Storage Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS [2006-03-15 26496]

======List of services (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R2 CAISafe;CAISafe; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe [2008-12-18 144696]
R2 CCALib8;Canon Camera Access Library 8; C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe [2005-09-30 96341]
R2 ccSchedulerSVC;CA Common Scheduler Service; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe [2009-03-29 128240]
R2 ehRecvr;Media Center Receiver Service; C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe [2004-08-10 194560]
R2 ehSched;Media Center Scheduler Service; C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe [2004-08-10 102912]
R2 ITMRTSVC;CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe [2008-09-29 283888]
R2 JavaQuickStarterService;Java Quick Starter; C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe [2009-02-01 152984]
R2 LightScribeService;LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe [2005-09-22 53248]
R2 UmxAgent;HIPS Event Manager; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe [2008-12-12 1153528]
R2 UmxCfg;HIPS Configuration Interpreter; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe [2008-12-10 797176]
R2 UmxPol;HIPS Policy Manager; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe [2008-12-19 297464]
R2 VETMSGNT;VET Message Service; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe [2008-12-18 292080]
R3 CaCCProvSP;CaCCProvSP; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe [2009-03-29 259312]
R3 PPCtlPriv;PPCtlPriv; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe [2009-03-29 222448]
S3 aspnet_state;ASP.NET State Service; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe [2005-09-23 29896]
S3 clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32;.NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe [2005-09-23 66240]
S3 gusvc;Google Updater Service; C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe [2009-01-25 137200]
S3 IDriverT;InstallDriver Table Manager; C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe [2005-04-04 69632]
S3 MHN;MHN; C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe [2006-03-15 14336]
S3 NetSvc;Intel NCS NetService; c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe [2002-09-27 139264]
S3 odserv;Microsoft Office Diagnostics Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\ODSERV.EXE [2006-10-26 441136]
S3 ose;Office Source Engine; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE [2006-10-26 145184]
S3 UMWdf;Windows User Mode Driver Framework; C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe [2006-03-15 38912]
S4 iPodService;iPodService; C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe [2006-06-14 323584]

-----------------EOF-----------------
anvosm

Unread postby anvosm » March 18th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Oh dear forgot to mention, I always disable my anti-virus by right clicking on the icon and putting on snooze, I do not know why it always says on my reports that is is enabled..... so confusing.

Also it says outdated, but I just renewed In February.

Anne
anvosm

Unread postby Dakeyras » March 19th, 2009, 5:52 am

OK carry out the following please and you took the correct course of action informing myself what your Anti-Spyware application detected :thumbup:

Reset Host File:

• Open Notepad.
  • Copy and Paste everything from the Code Box below into Notepad:
@echo off 
Pushd\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc
Attrib -H -S -R Hosts
Echo 127.0.0.1  Localhost>HOSTS
Attrib +R +H +S Hosts
Popd
Del %0
Next:

• Go to File >> Save As
  • Save File name as Dakeyras.bat
  • Change Save as Type to All Files and save the file to your Desktop.
  • It should look like this: Image

Now double click on the desktop Dakeyras.bat to run it. It will self delete when completed.

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

• Please go here and download ERUNT.
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup. Note: the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable.
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
  • Click on OK
  • Then click on YES to create the folder.

Next:

Please download OTMoveIT3 to your Desktop.

• Double-click OTMoveIt3.exe to start the program.
  • Copy the lines from the codebox to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + B (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
:processes
explorer.exe

:Files
C:\windows\system32\..\fucxt.iye

:Reg
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\kazaa]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Wget]
"aux"=-

:Commands
[EmptyTemp]
[Start Explorer]
[Reboot]
  • Return to OTMoveIt3, right-click in the "Paste instructions for items to be moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste
  • Then click the red MoveIt! button.
  • Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of it and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy), and paste it into your next response.
  • If OTMoveIt asks to reboot your computer, allow it to do so. The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.
  • Close OTMoveIt3.

Next:

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

• Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases

• Click on My Computer under Scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
  • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
  • Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
  • Please post this log in your next reply.

This online tuturial will help explain how to use the aforementioned online scan.

Next:

Please make sure that RSIT.exe is still on the Desktop.(if not inform myself straight away please)

When completed the above, please post back the following:

• How is you computer performing now, any other symptoms?
  • OTMoveIT3 Log.
  • Kaspersky results.
  • A new RSIT Log.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby anvosm » March 20th, 2009, 12:07 am

Goodevening Dakeyras :)

It is late here, midnight and I had a very long day at work and did some overtime. I do not have the energy to complete the next process, so I will do it tomorrow night after work.

Just thought I would let you know, till tomorrow, nite.

Anne
anvosm

Unread postby Dakeyras » March 20th, 2009, 3:58 am

No problem, thank you for the courtesy :thumbup:
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby anvosm » March 20th, 2009, 11:23 pm

Hi Dakeyras :)

Here we go again,

I started with your first instruction:

Reset Host File:

Open Notepad.
Copy and Paste everything from the Code Box below into Notepad:
Code:
@echo off
Pushd\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc
Attrib -H -S -R Hosts
Echo 127.0.0.1 Localhost>HOSTS
Attrib +R +H +S Hosts
Popd
Del %0
Next:

Go to File >> Save As
Save File name as Dakeyras.bat
Change Save as Type to All Files and save the file to your Desktop.
It should look like this:

Now double click on the desktop Dakeyras.bat to run it. It will self delete when completed.

I did this, when I doubled clicked a screen popped up very quickly and then disappeared, was this correct ?

Next:

Backup the Registry:

This did not work:

I clicked on ERUNT to download, after the download my anti-virus program popped up. This was telling me that the file was infected, so I could go no further. This is exactly what was written:
" erunt-setup(1).exe
c:\documents and settings\default\local settings\temporary internet files\content.IE5\HO7EJVH2\
INFECTION: WIN32/GOLID.Q
File Infected "

Now, should I have disabled my anti-virus program ? you did not specify.

I stopped everything and will await your reply.

Just not lucky I guess :roll:

Talk to you tomorrow
Anne
anvosm

Unread postby Dakeyras » March 21st, 2009, 7:25 am

OK no problem and you did took the best course of action with informing myself if any problems and or do not understand something :thumbup:

I did this, when I doubled clicked a screen popped up very quickly and then disappeared, was this correct ?

That is fine and exactly what is supposed to occur.

I clicked on ERUNT to download, after the download my anti-virus program popped up. This was telling me that the file was infected, so I could go no further. This is exactly what was written:
" erunt-setup(1).exe
c:\documents and settings\default\local settings\temporary internet files\content.IE5\HO7EJVH2\
INFECTION: WIN32/GOLID.Q
File Infected "

What has occurred here is known as a FP(False Positive) on behalf of your CA Anti-Virus. Thank you for informing myself. I will inform the vendor myself about this.

It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad:

OK, re-download ERUNT again and replace the present desktop installer(if still present). Now disconnect your Internet connection and disable your CA Anti-Virus:
Right click on CA Anti-virus icon near the clock (a shield).
Click on CA Anti-Virus > Snooze Anti-Virus Protection.
When prompted, enter in 30 and click on Snooze.

Next:

• Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup. Note: the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable.
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
  • Click on OK
  • Then click on YES to create the folder.

Now please delete the erunt-setup.exe file from the Desktop and empty your Recycle Bin. Then re-enable your Anti-Virus and Internet connection.

Next:

Please download OTMoveIT3 to your Desktop.

• Double-click OTMoveIt3.exe to start the program.
  • Copy the lines from the codebox to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + B (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
:processes
explorer.exe

:Files
C:\windows\system32\..\fucxt.iye

:Reg
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\kazaa]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Wget]
"aux"=-

:Commands
[EmptyTemp]
[Start Explorer]
[Reboot]
  • Return to OTMoveIt3, right-click in the "Paste instructions for items to be moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste
  • Then click the red MoveIt! button.
  • Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of it and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy), and paste it into your next response.
  • If OTMoveIt asks to reboot your computer, allow it to do so. The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.
  • Close OTMoveIt3.

Next:

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

• Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases

• Click on My Computer under Scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
  • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
  • Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
  • Please post this log in your next reply.

This online tuturial will help explain how to use the aforementioned online scan.

Next:

• OTMoveIT3 Log.
  • Kaspersky results.
  • A new RSIT Log.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby anvosm » March 21st, 2009, 10:41 pm

Hello Dakeyras, good evening :hello2:

Well this was certainly a long process especially the Kaspersky download and scan.

Hoping that I am giving you good news and you will do the same LOL.

First off:

Downloaded
ERUNT
Next downloaded OTMoveIT3 and followed the instructions.
Then I downloaded Kaspersky which seemed like forever, then I ran the scan which was also very long.

I have posted all my logs below, surprisingly there was no MALEWARE detected with the Kaspersky Scan. :)

========== PROCESSES ==========
Process explorer.exe killed successfully.
========== FILES ==========
C:\FOUND.008 moved successfully.
C:\windows\system32\..\fucxt.iye moved successfully.
========== REGISTRY ==========
Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\kazaa\\ not found.
Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Wget\\ not found.
Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32\\aux deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{7f743dfb-3fe1-11d9-88b1-806d6172696f}\\ deleted successfully.
========== COMMANDS ==========
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAULT\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF5D5E.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAULT\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF44FB.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAULT\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF994C.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
User's Temp folder emptied.
User's Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
User's Internet Explorer cache folder emptied.
Local Service Temp folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Local Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\WINDOWS\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_148.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Windows Temp folder emptied.
Java cache emptied.
FireFox cache emptied.
Temp folders emptied.
Explorer started successfully

OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.9.0 log created on 03212009_091313

Files moved on Reboot...
C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAULT\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF5D5E.tmp moved successfully.
C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAULT\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF44FB.tmp moved successfully.
C:\DOCUME~1\DEFAULT\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DF994C.tmp moved successfully.
File move failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be moved on reboot.
File C:\WINDOWS\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_148.dat not found!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Saturday, March 21, 2009 17:34:55
Records in database: 1946050
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 43302
Threat name: 0
Infected objects: 0
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 00:50:09

No malware has been detected. The scan area is clean.

The selected area was scanned.

Run by DEFAULT at 2009-03-21 13:56:29
System drive C: has 62 GB (82%) free of 76 GB
Total RAM: 510 MB (75% free)

Scan saved at 1:56:44 PM, on 3/21/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaPPcl] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAAntiSpyware.exe /scan /startup

--
End of file - 10013 bytes

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}]
Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll [2006-01-12 63128]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}]
Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll [2009-02-01 320920]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}]
Google Toolbar Helper - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll [2009-01-25 251504]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D}]
Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll [2009-01-25 657904]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E}]
Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll [2009-01-25 522224]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9}]
Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll [2009-02-01 34816]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C}]
JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll [2009-02-01 73728]

{2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - &Google Toolbar - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll [2009-01-25 251504]

"PRONoMgr.exe"=c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe [2002-10-23 86016]
"CAVRID"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe [2008-12-18 271600]
"HPDJ Taskbar Utility"=C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe [2003-09-01 176128]
"HP Software Update"=C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe [2003-06-25 49152]
"HP Component Manager"=C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe [2003-10-23 233472]
"DeviceDiscovery"=C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe [2003-05-21 229437]
"{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}"=C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe [2005-07-15 479232]
"CanonSolutionMenu"=C:\Program Files\Canon\SolutionMenu\CNSLMAIN.exe [2007-05-14 644696]
"SSBkgdUpdate"=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe [2006-10-25 210472]
"OpwareSE4"=C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpwareSE4.exe [2007-02-04 79400]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe [2009-02-01 136600]
"cctray"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\casc.exe [2009-03-29 374000]
"CAPPActiveProtection"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe [2009-03-29 324848]
"CaPPcl"=C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\CAAntiSpyware.exe [2009-03-29 570608]

"swg"=C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe [2007-07-05 68856]

InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk - C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\PFW]

"legalnoticecaption"=
"legalnoticetext"=
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=1
"undockwithoutlogon"=1

"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=323
"NoDrives"=0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\explorer]
"NoDriveAutoRun"=
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=
"NoDrives"=

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE"="C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTE.EXE"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTE.EXE:*:Enabled:Microsoft Office OneNote"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]

2009-03-21 09:13:13 ----D---- C:\_OTMoveIt
2009-03-21 08:57:44 ----D---- C:\Program Files\ERUNT
2009-03-05 00:29:50 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-03-05 00:29:40 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
2009-02-22 22:17:53 ----D---- C:\WINDOWS\pss
2009-02-22 21:30:16 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\system32\isafprod.dll

2009-03-21 09:17:24 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_U.S. Robotics V.92 Fax Host Int.txt
2009-03-21 09:15:28 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt
2009-02-22 23:38:02 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\win.ini
2009-02-22 21:32:54 ----A---- C:\caisslog.txt
2009-02-22 21:30:18 ----A---- C:\caavsetupLog.txt

======List of drivers (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R1 intelppm;Intel Processor Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys [2006-03-15 36096]
R1 kbdhid;Keyboard HID Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kbdhid.sys [2006-03-15 14848]
R1 KmxAgent;KmxAgent; C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\kmxagent.sys [2008-11-18 72696]
R1 VETEFILE;VET File Scan Engine; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETEFILE.sys [2008-12-18 879760]
R1 VETFDDNT;VET Floppy Boot Sector Monitor; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETFDDNT.sys [2008-12-18 21488]
R1 VET-FILT;VET File System Filter; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VET-FILT.sys [2008-12-18 26352]
R1 VETMONNT;VET File Monitor; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETMONNT.sys [2008-12-18 161008]
R1 VET-REC;VET File System Recognizer; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VET-REC.sys [2008-12-18 21104]
R3 ALCXWDM;Service for Realtek AC97 Audio (WDM); C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ALCXWDM.SYS [2003-04-24 730092]
R3 E100B;Intel(R) PRO Adapter Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\e100b325.sys [2002-09-25 140800]
R3 hidusb;Microsoft HID Class Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys [2006-03-15 9600]
R3 HSF_DPV;HSF_DPV; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USR_MDMV.sys [2005-08-08 1035008]
R3 HSFHWBS2;HSFHWBS2; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USR_BSC2.sys [2005-08-08 231168]
R3 mouhid;Mouse HID Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys [2006-03-15 12160]
R3 usbccgp;Microsoft USB Generic Parent Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys [2006-03-15 31616]
R3 usbehci;Microsoft USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller Miniport Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys [2006-03-15 26624]
R3 usbhub;USB2 Enabled Hub; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys [2006-03-15 57600]
R3 usbprint;Microsoft USB PRINTER Class; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys [2004-08-03 25856]
R3 usbuhci;Microsoft USB Universal Host Controller Miniport Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys [2006-03-15 20480]
R3 VETEBOOT;VET Boot Scan Engine; C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\VETEBOOT.sys [2008-12-18 108288]
R3 winachsf;winachsf; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HSF_USR.sys [2005-08-08 729728]
S3 usbscan;USB Scanner Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys [2004-08-03 15104]
S3 USBSTOR;USB Mass Storage Driver; C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS [2006-03-15 26496]

======List of services (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R2 CAISafe;CAISafe; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe [2008-12-18 144696]
R2 CCALib8;Canon Camera Access Library 8; C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe [2005-09-30 96341]
R2 ccSchedulerSVC;CA Common Scheduler Service; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccschedulersvc.exe [2009-03-29 128240]
R2 ehRecvr;Media Center Receiver Service; C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe [2004-08-10 194560]
R2 ehSched;Media Center Scheduler Service; C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe [2004-08-10 102912]
R2 ITMRTSVC;CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe [2008-09-29 283888]
R2 JavaQuickStarterService;Java Quick Starter; C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe [2009-02-01 152984]
R2 LightScribeService;LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe [2005-09-22 53248]
R2 UmxAgent;HIPS Event Manager; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe [2008-12-12 1153528]
R2 UmxCfg;HIPS Configuration Interpreter; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe [2008-12-10 797176]
R2 UmxPol;HIPS Policy Manager; C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe [2008-12-19 297464]
R2 VETMSGNT;VET Message Service; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust EZ Antivirus\VetMsg.exe [2008-12-18 292080]
R3 CaCCProvSP;CaCCProvSP; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe [2009-03-29 259312]
R3 PPCtlPriv;PPCtlPriv; C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe [2009-03-29 222448]
S3 aspnet_state;ASP.NET State Service; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe [2005-09-23 29896]
S3 clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32;.NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe [2005-09-23 66240]
S3 gusvc;Google Updater Service; C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe [2009-01-25 137200]
S3 IDriverT;InstallDriver Table Manager; C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe [2005-04-04 69632]
S3 NetSvc;Intel NCS NetService; c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe [2002-09-27 139264]
S3 odserv;Microsoft Office Diagnostics Service; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\ODSERV.EXE [2006-10-26 441136]
S3 ose;Office Source Engine; C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\OSE.EXE [2006-10-26 145184]
S3 UMWdf;Windows User Mode Driver Framework; C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe [2006-03-15 38912]
S4 iPodService;iPodService; C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe [2006-06-14 323584]

Talk with you tomorrow, nite
Anne
anvosm

Unread postby Dakeyras » March 22nd, 2009, 8:33 am

Well this was certainly a long process especially the Kaspersky download and scan.

Hoping that I am giving you good news and you will do the same LOL.

To say I am not surprised would be a understatement but lets see what we can do to remedy this OK :thumbup:

I have posted all my logs below, surprisingly there was no MALEWARE detected with the Kaspersky Scan. :)

Aye a interesting turn of events indeed. However as I have stressed before you will never be able to trust this system again because of the nature of the varying malware infections that were/may be (still) present. I only keep repeating this statement Anne for your own best interest as in regard to online safety and most definitely never use this system again for anything online banking related for example unless you carry out both a Re-Format-Re-Installation.

OK enough with the doom and gloom, lets proceed as follows :happy11:

Next:

Adobe Reader 7.0.8 <-- Older installations pose a security risk and a possible back-door for malware to re-infect a system.

Now please go to Start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs and remove the following (if present):

Adobe Reader 7.0.8

Note: Take extra care in answering questions posed by any Uninstaller. Some questions may be worded to deceive you into keeping the program.

New Adobe Reader Installation:-

• Please download Adobe Reader 9 to your PC's desktop.
  • Install the new downloaded updated software.
  • If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UNcheck the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.
Note: Adobe 9 is a large program and if you prefer a smaller program you can get Foxit 3.0 instead from here.

If you choose to install FoxitReader, be careful not to install anything to do with AskBar.

Check Hard Disk For Errors:

• Press Start >> Run, then copy/paste the following command into the box and press OK:
    cmd /c chkdsk c: |find /v "percent" >> "%userprofile%\desktop\checkhd.txt"
  • A blank command window will open on your desktop, then close in a few minutes. This is normal.
  • A file icon named checkhd.txt should appear on your Desktop. Please post the contents of this file.

Next:

• How is you computer performing now, any other symptoms at all?
  • checkhd.txt
  • A new RSIT Log
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby anvosm » March 22nd, 2009, 11:26 pm

Good evening Dakeyras

I have done all my home work again and posted it below. Do you really think it is futile to expect that my computer will be ok ? Sometimes I think I should just chuck it and buy a new one, but then again we have put so much time and effort into this project. Oh dear I think I have the blues.
:sad7:

Here we go:

removed Adobe Reader 7.0.8

downloaded Adobe Reader 9

Checked Hard Disk For Errors: Don't know if this sounds good or not ????

The type of the file system is FAT32.
Volume Serial Number is 41A7-8333
Windows is verifying files and folders...
because disk checking was run without the /F (fix) parameter.
\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Desktop\checkhd.txt first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
\WINDOWS\Prefetch\CHKDSK.EXE-2CC4C59D.pf first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
\WINDOWS\Prefetch\FIND.EXE-0EC32F1E.pf first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated.
Windows found problems with the file system.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.
78,129,056 KB total disk space.
1,264,960 KB in 2,129 hidden files.
133,856 KB in 4,178 folders.
13,725,216 KB in 45,555 files.
63,004,992 KB are available.

32,768 bytes in each allocation unit.
2,441,533 total allocation units on disk.
1,968,906 allocation units available on disk.

RSIT Log
Run by DEFAULT at 2009-03-22 21:58:39
System drive C: has 62 GB (81%) free of 76 GB
Total RAM: 510 MB (32% free)

Scan saved at 9:58:49 PM, on 3/22/2009

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources\Adobe AIR Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Uninstall getPlus(R) for Adobe] "C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe" /UninstallGet1noarp
O16 - DPF: {CF40ACC5-E1BB-4AFF-AC72-04C2F616BCA7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.co ... nos/gp.cab
O23 - Service: getPlus(R) Helper - NOS Microsystems Ltd. - C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe

--
End of file - 10584 bytes

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3}]
Adobe PDF Link Helper - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll [2009-02-27 75128]

"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe [2009-02-27 35696]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"Uninstall getPlus(R) for Adobe"=C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe [2009-03-03 33176]

"legalnoticecaption"=
"legalnoticetext"=
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=1
"undockwithoutlogon"=1

"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=323
"NoDrives"=0

"NoDriveAutoRun"=
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=
"NoDrives"=

2009-03-22 21:52:05 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\DEFAULT\Application Data\com.adobe.mauby.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1
2009-03-22 21:50:33 ----D---- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR
2009-03-22 21:48:14 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe
2009-03-22 18:33:28 ----D---- C:\Program Files\NOS
2009-03-22 18:33:28 ----D---- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NOS
2009-03-21 09:13:13 ----D---- C:\_OTMoveIt
2009-03-21 08:57:44 ----D---- C:\Program Files\ERUNT

2009-03-22 19:24:30 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_U.S. Robotics V.92 Fax Host Int.txt
2009-03-22 19:04:30 ----A---- C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt

S3 getPlus(R) Helper;getPlus(R) Helper; C:\Program Files\NOS\bin\getPlus_HelperSvc.exe [2009-03-03 33176]

Nite, talk tomorrow
:sleepy2:
anvosm

Unread postby Dakeyras » March 23rd, 2009, 7:26 am

I have done all my home work again and posted it below. Do you really think it is futile to expect that my computer will be ok ? Sometimes I think I should just chuck it and buy a new one, but then again we have put so much time and effort into this project. Oh dear I think I have the blues.

Actually the situation is a lot better than you may think. So far I am not detecting any malware which is always a good sign and I only keep advising about a Re-Format-Re-Installation because your system was infested with several different back-door infections plus the associated rubbish they install. This I do as a matter of course, as I always strive to remain professional and take the online safety of those I assist very seriously! I assure you Anne if I had thought at any point your computer was so badly infected it was unsalvageable I would have gave the option of only a Re-Format-Re-Installation and not respected your decision for a attempted malware removal.

No need to throw your computer away. I actually rebuild/resurrect older computers for a local charity that provides both computers and internet access for those less fortunate and unable to have either. Which is very important I think as many IT related subjects make up a large part of the Education system here in the country I reside. Your computer I assure you is a long way from being consigned to the final resting place of all ;)

Random Access Memory:

Total RAM: 510 MB (32% free)

Some friendly advice concerning the above. It would be prudent in the future to consider installing some new upgraded memory modules.

Though Microsoft claims XP will run with a mere 128 MB installed in my humble opinion a minimum of 1 GB is far better.

If you wish to upgrade the installed memory, Crucial have a Active X scanner which is perfectly safe and will advise if your system can support any upgraded memory modules. They cater for the US/UK and Europe.

Next:

Checked Hard Disk For Errors: Don't know if this sounds good or not ????

We will address this shortly, nothing too bad considering all the invasive scans I have asked you to perform. Plus if you recall the actual file system in use by your Operating System is of a older format which we will also address and this will go a long way to-wards improving overall system performance and stability.

Next:

Note: It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad.

Please download ATF Cleaner to your desktop.

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main choose: Select All
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
  • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
  • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
  • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Next:

Since we have put the Hard-Drive of your computer through the mill so to speak with all the invasive scans and the nature of the various infections we have been dealing with a Hard-Drive Defragmention run and Windows Check-Disk may be of benefit:

• Click Start >> Run... then type in CMD and click on OK.
  • At the Command Prompt C:\ > type the following:
  • CD C:\ and hit the Enter/Return key.
  • Now type in DEFRAG C: -F
  • A Analysis report will be displayed and then Windows will start the Defragmention run automatically.
  • This may take some time, when completed the Command Prompt C:\ > will appear.
  • Now type in CHKDSK C: /F and hit the Enter/Return key.
  • When prompted with:
CHKDSK cannot run because the volume is in use by another process
Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked next time the system
restarts (Y/N)

• Hit the Y key then at the Command Prompt C:\ >
  • Type in EXIT and and hit the Enter/Return key.
  • Now Reboot(Restart) your computer.

Note: Upon Reboot(Restart) the CHKDSK(check-disk) will start and carry out the repairs required.

You should see a screen similar to this just after the Post(power on self test) screen:

Note: Do not touch either the keyboard or Mouse, otherwise the Check-Disk will be canceled and you computer will continue to boot-up as normal.

Next:

Optional File System Change:

The current file system in use with your computer is FAT32(File Allocation Table 32 bit), this is a older standard that earlier versions of Microsoft XP were shipped as. I propose changing this to the more stable NTFS(New Technology File system). This will increase system stability and you should notice a overall increase in your computers performance.

I have checked from researching previous posted logs that this change will not cause any impact on currently installed software.

How to implement as follows:

• Click Start >> Run... then type in CMD and click on OK.
  • At the Command Prompt C:\ > type the following:
  • CD C:\ and hit the Enter/Return key.
  • Now type in Convert C: /FS:NTFS
Note: If the operating system is on the drive that you are converting, you will be prompted to schedule the task when you restart the computer because the conversion cannot be completed while the operating system is running. When you are prompted, click YES.

When you receive the following message at the command prompt, type the volume label of the drive that you are converting, and then press ENTER:

The type of the file system is FAT32.
Enter the current volume label for drive drive letter <---- Type in C:\

When the conversion to NTFS is complete, you receive the following message at the command prompt:

Conversion complete

Now type in Exit and hit the Enter/Return key

You may also use this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article for reference.

Note: Do not under any circumstance interrupt your computer while the convert operation is running.

Next:

• A new RSIT Log.
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

PreviousNext