Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Anti-virus_1

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Anti-virus_1

Unread postby seldon1 » February 20th, 2009, 11:09 pm

To whom it may concern,
I was infected with anti-virus-1 which directed my browser to the point where i could not even get to this site, or any other i wanted to really.
Sad to say, in a panic a ran HJT and deleted some things i thought were responsible. Of course i have no knowledge or training, so[i]i was just guessing![i].
So the pop ups from anti-virus-1 are gone but i still get redirected on explorer and firefox. I am texting you on safari, the only functional browser i seem to have now.
I know that was really ridiculous to use HJT blindly, but please help me anyway, if you can.
Thank you,
seldon1Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:45:12 PM, on 2/20/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16791)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ideazon\Zboard Software\Driver\ZboardTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberDefender\AntiSpyware\cdas8e.exe
C:\Program Files\Ideazon\Zboard Software\Driver\Zboard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WTablet\TabUserW.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\McCoy\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://safesearch.cyberdefender.com/smallsearch.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Suggest - {5A263CF7-56A6-4D68-A8CF-345BE45BC911} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SearchSuggest\YSearchSuggest.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CyberDefender Early Detection Center] "C:\Program Files\CyberDefender\AntiSpyware\ISSIntro.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HijackThis startup scan] C:\Documents and Settings\McCoy\Desktop\HijackThis.exe /startupscan
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CyberDefender Early Detection Center] "C:\Program Files\CyberDefender\AntiSpyware\cdas8e.exe" /minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [ZboardTray] "C:\Program Files\Ideazon\Zboard Software\Driver\ZboardTray.exe" /autolaunch
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Select - {DDE87865-83C5-48c4-8357-2F5B1AA84522} - C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=58813
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocach ... .0.1.1.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www.costcophotocenter.com/CostcoActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {459E93B6-150E-45D5-8D4B-45C66FC035FE} (get_atlcom Class) - http://apps.corel.com/nos_dl_manager_de ... Plugin.ocx
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe

--
End of file - 5162 bytes
seldon1

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Anti-virus_1

Unread postby Axephilic » March 3rd, 2009, 6:02 pm

Hello and sorry about the delay,

Welcome to the Malware Removal Forums! My name is Adam and I will be assisting you with getting the malware off of your computer. Please observe the following points before we start:
  1. If at any point you don't understand something, please let me know and I will be glad to expain or go more into depth for you. :)
  2. I am still in training, so my responses may take more time than usual because all of my posts must be checked by an expert or teacher.
    Also, please remember, I am a volunteer and I have a personal life. I go to school full time, have a part time job, and I do sports. A lot of this takes a lot of time.
  3. Please keep all of your replys in this topic/thread and do not make a new topic/thread, thanks!
  4. Please stick with this, don't stop responding because the symptoms are gone, the infection could still be there. Keep replying to my posts until I give you the All Clean message. ;)
  5. If you don't reply within five days after my last instructions this topic will be closed. If you will not be able to reply within five days please tell me so the topic will not be closed.
  6. Please do not run other tools to remove the malware unless I ask you to until I give you the all clean. They will just mess up my fixes and make things more complicated, not fix the problem.

If you still need help, please do the following:

Make an Uninstall List

Next, please make an uninstall list using HijackThis.
To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:

1. Start HijackThis
2. Click on the Config button
3. Click on the Misc Tools button
4. Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.

Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad here on your next reply. Please also include a new HijackThis log.

If you have not replied within 5 days, then I will assume that you no longer need help and this topic will be closed.

Regards,
Adam
Axephilic
Retired Graduate

Re: Anti-virus_1

Unread postby NonSuch » March 8th, 2009, 5:47 pm

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!