Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Solved

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Solved

Unread postby Gregg » December 24th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Solved
Last edited by Gregg on August 29th, 2010, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gregg

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Limewire

Unread postby MikeSwim07 » December 24th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Please read this topic,

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33112

All P2P is dangerous. Even though the client may be clean, a lot of the files in the p2p network are infected. Malware writers use this to spread their infections.
MikeSwim07

Unread postby Odd dude » December 25th, 2008, 4:27 pm

P2P software is a great way to obtain a lot of stuff, but it's a great way to get infected as well. The bad guys use P2P programs as a major conduit for distributing their wares.

If you absolutely MUST use P2P programmes, make sure you have all important data backed up and are ready to reformat and reinstall. Because if you use the P2P programme a lot, especially for questionable purposes, it will come to that.
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby bigmatt0211 » February 9th, 2009, 11:50 pm

Ya, with what was just posted, also, even if the program looks legit, chances are that a worm or trojan was installed into and and the moment you click on it to open, it installs into your system. Even with a good AV installed, and may allow it to install because you told the computer to install it. It is really horrible that people set out with the sole intention of causing harm to you.
bigmatt0211

Unread postby Fripp » February 13th, 2009, 2:14 am

Why not buy your Software, Music, and Videos. It'll help a programmer, a Musician, and an Entertainer. Sure you can recieve items online without paying for them via P2P, but ... support Humans, they're a limited resource.
I really don't know why such things are even discussed here, except for novices needing to know what I've just said .
Regards,
Fripp
Fripp

Unread postby BlackjackCF » February 21st, 2009, 7:19 pm

It's probably better to go to popular torrent sites, and download from the torrents with a huge number of seeds. Usually those have a large amount of comments, and they're usually quite helpful, since they usually tell you if there's some type of malware in what you're downloading.
BlackjackCF

Unread postby Dakeyras » February 23rd, 2009, 6:48 am

BlackjackCF wrote:It's probably better to go to popular torrent sites, and download from the torrents with a huge number of seeds. Usually those have a large amount of comments, and they're usually quite helpful, since they usually tell you if there's some type of malware in what you're downloading.

I beg to differ I'm afraid regardless what you may think is a so called safe download you will have no idea what has been bundled into the torrent, either intentionally or unintentionally. Over half the time if not more the individual uploading the the torrent will not be aware their own system is infected thus they will be propagating malware.

Just not worth the risk, end of the day my advice is always steer clear of anything Peer to Peer related ;)
Dakeyras
MRU Honors Graduate
MRU Honors Graduate

Unread postby Zoidberg500 » February 25th, 2009, 5:01 pm

end of the day my advice is always steer clear of anything Peer to Peer related

Wouldn't that include Veoh? :lol:
Zoidberg500

Unread postby ellipse » February 25th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Since when was Veoh a torrent?
ellipse

Unread postby Zoidberg500 » February 26th, 2009, 3:11 am

Since when was Veoh a torrent?

You said about anything peer to peer related, not just torrents. Veoh uses peer to peer technology.
Zoidberg500

Unread postby dk2rb » March 10th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Fripp wrote:Why not buy your Software, Music, and Videos. It'll help a programmer, a Musician, and an Entertainer. Sure you can recieve items online without paying for them via P2P, but ... support Humans, they're a limited resource.
I really don't know why such things are even discussed here, except for novices needing to know what I've just said .
Regards,
Fripp

i myself am a jazz musician, and trust me, illegally downloading this stuff is the reason why it costs so much in the first place. it's also the reason musicians can't make more of it.

just do the art and the industry a favor and get it legally.

unless, of course, you feel like downloading, burning, and distributing 5 bajillion justin timberlake CDs in hopes that they will stop making those. (idea totally stolen from a foxtrot comic strip)
dk2rb

Unread postby marsh_0x » March 11th, 2009, 12:38 am

Hi all, 1st post for me, Chuck (flashh4) a good friend of mine, decided to click on your/flash link and happy I did.

I use Limeware downloads to test how well my protection is, of course every thing I download is saved to the desktop, never to allow executing a file until confirmed using NIS 2009, A-Squared, sending to Malwarebytes anti malware to scan, etc.

I consider Limeware an excellent source of malware for my testing other softwares.
A dangerous internet out there and will not recommend to others to play with it.
Hopefully others will see the light to avoid.

Virut infection will become a nightmare how deep in trouble they are.
Good Grief the penalty to be paid.

Marsh
marsh_0x

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions