Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Spyaxe; what is it?

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Spyaxe; what is it?

Unread postby P;3 » December 8th, 2005, 7:04 pm

just observed; there seems to be a proliferation of threads in the malaware log section on whatever this spyax delight is;can someone enlighten me? I presume it is something I would not wish to have on my pc; :cry:
P;3

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby AndyAtHull » December 8th, 2005, 7:19 pm

SpyAxe - desktop hijacking, aggressive/deceptive advertising

Read about SpyAxe on here:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Spyware/?p=702

Hope this is what you are looking for
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby P;3 » December 8th, 2005, 7:38 pm

thanks for that; it sounds like a rather nasty deceptive piece of work, or am I wrong?
P;3

Unread postby AndyAtHull » December 8th, 2005, 7:43 pm

Well it is one of these things that doesnt delete easy. When you just try to delete it in Add/Remove and fix it in HJT. It can come back.

A entry in a HJT log. Mostly 02 04 20. Shows signs of the infection. With a great tool by one of the experts here sorts it out. You still have to fix it with HJT.

Not something I would like on my computer anyway...Blahh
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby AndyAtHull » December 8th, 2005, 8:21 pm

AndyAtHull wrote:Well it is one of these things that doesnt delete easy. When you just try to delete it in Add/Remove and fix it in HJT. It can come back.

A entry in a HJT log. Mostly 02 . Shows signs of the infection. With a great tool by one of the experts here sorts it out. You still have to fix it with HJT.

AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby P;3 » December 8th, 2005, 8:25 pm

AndyAtHull wrote:
AndyAtHull wrote:Well it is one of these things that doesnt delete easy. When you just try to delete it in Add/Remove and fix it in HJT. It can come back.

A entry in a HJT log. Mostly 02 . Shows signs of the infection. With a great tool by one of the experts here sorts it out. You still have to fix it with HJT.

sory; why has the posting been repeated? or have I missed the point here?

and there are a lot of threads on the HJT section on the topic of spyaxe; sounds a rogue :cry:
P;3

Unread postby AndyAtHull » December 8th, 2005, 8:45 pm

I'm not sure why it got repeated.

SpyAxe is on Spyware Warriors Rogue list. Very Rogue

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm :o
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby Nick-YF19 » December 9th, 2005, 7:33 am

33,000 views and growing.

The trick here is that the Spyaxe people infect your computer and then tell you that you are. Then they offer you several of their pay programs to get you clean. :roll:
Nick-YF19
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Bob4 » December 9th, 2005, 7:39 am

Nick-YF19 wrote:The trick here is that the Spyaxe people infect your computer and then tell you that you are. Then they offer you several of their pay programs to get you clean. :roll:

Can anyone get any lower as to create a problem intentionaly then ask for money to fix it....Image
Bob4
MRU Master
MRU Master

Unread postby AndyAtHull » December 9th, 2005, 8:06 am

That is the way they operate. Many others out there. Just for money. :cry:
AndyAtHull
Visiting Staff

Unread postby AgentFade2Black » December 11th, 2005, 2:46 pm

But, then again, this is why you have us.

Trained to sniff out these scumbags and send them packing.

I'm suprised the guy who registered the domain isn't getting hate mail for it yet. I mean, they exposed who the registrar for security2k.net (the site in the picture from the link) is, telephone number and all.
AgentFade2Black

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions