Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I've lost almost all control of my computer

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

I've lost almost all control of my computer

Unread postby Xnex » December 30th, 2008, 2:05 pm

This is my second time coming to your forums. My computer has myraid problems, one of which is that I cannot visit these forums from my own computer. If I attempt to go to this site on my machine I am always redirected to a different site or I get the "IE cannot display this page........ message". I also cannot go to any antivirus site at all. If I try to go to AVG.com I get redirected. Same with trend micro and others. I am writing this from work right now.

Several weeks ago after my computer went through this process here on this site I was given a list of programs that I could delete after getting my problem taken care of. I didn't remove the programs then, and now I cannot remove malware bytes at all.

Another thing I noticed is I get a small red icon in my system try telling me that my computer is not set up for automatic updates and that I need to change that. When I go to the section to change it, it says I am already setup for automatic updates. Also my AVG softawe connection for updates is being blocked somehow and I am unable to get the most recent updates and virus definitions.

Another thing I noticed is that my keyboard sometimes misses letters as I type and it picks back up and types the next few letters. I constantly get pop-ups telling me that my computer may be infected with a virus. The warnings do not identify a company, but it is not AVG.

In the past I believe my computer had a Smitfraud virus and I think it still might. But I cannot run logs and post them because I can't come to this site with my machine.

Do I need to buy another internal HD and just reinstall my operating system on it? Or is my machine likely infected on a level that a simple change of HD would not work (ie, the BIOS)? Can I reformat my HD and rid myself of this issue? All assistance or is truly appreciated and I will post any logs necessary if someone can help me get my machine back to the point where I am allowed to visit this site from my computer.

Thanks.
Xnex

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: I've lost almost all control of my computer

Unread postby NonSuch » December 31st, 2008, 3:47 am

Evidently your computer is infected so badly that you are unable to produce a HijackThis log and or perform needed scans. A HijackThis log, as well as other logs that may be requested, provide us with a guideline for removing whatever malware is infecting your system. To attempt to initiate the cleaning process on a computer without logs that can reveal which malware is infecting the computer presents far too great a risk to the operating system.

As you are unable to create and post a HijackThis log, your best and/or only option may be to reformat your computer and reinstall the operating system. If you have not performed a clean install before, excellent instructions can be found here:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/wi ... _clean.asp

Hopefully, you have been provided with an installation disk for any drivers that may not be included with the Windows operating system. If not, you should be able to download the appropriate drivers from manufacturers' websites.

As you are unable to provide logs, and to work without them falls beyond the scope of this forum, this topic is now closed. If you are able to provide logs at a later time, please come back and start a new topic.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator