Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Problem with Google search results

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Problem with Google search results

Unread postby DavidJ710 » December 8th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Hello,

I recently have been experiencing problems with my Google search results in Mozilla Firefox. I enter a search keyword and when I click on the resulting search result links, the first one will always work, but then the rest won't and the eventually the first one won't work if I click it again. I ran AVG virus scan and eliminated four trojan horse downloaders and then I ran Ad-Aware and eliminated 182 additional threats but the problem persists. However, this problem is only for Mozilla Firefox because I have no such problem with my search results if I use Internet Explorer. On the other hand, when I start Internet explorer, I get the following message:

Warning!

W32.Myzor.FK@yf is a virus that infects files with .exe extensions. It attempts to steal passwords and private information from the infected computer.

Type: Virus
Infection Length: 138,293 bytes
Systems Affected: Windows XP (all service packs)
Windows Vista (all service packs)
Systems Not Affected: DOS, EPOC, Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX
Technical Details: 1. Creates files in %Windir%\ directory. By default, this is C:\Windows.
2. Adds values to registry keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MNACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Scans the hard drive for any .exe files and infects any executable files.
Searches for passwords/information, which it may send to a remote attacker.
Recommendations: Click "OK" to download officially approved security software. Always keep your patch levels up-to-date.

After this, it has an "OK" button and a "Cancel" button. I don't click "OK" I click "Cancel" and it takes me here: hxxp://homesiterenew.com/security/vista/

I hope this description is accurate enough for you to be able to help me. If you need to know anything else, please let me know.
Last edited by Shaba on December 11th, 2008, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link disabled
DavidJ710

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Problem with Google search results

Unread postby Shaba » December 11th, 2008, 5:12 am

Hi DavidJ710

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Re: Problem with Google search results

Unread postby Shaba » December 16th, 2008, 9:42 am

Due to lack of Response this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus