Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Critical System Warning - CyberLog-x, etc.

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Critical System Warning - CyberLog-x, etc.

Unread postby Odd dude » December 2nd, 2008, 6:19 pm

Hi jtrag.

I don't see any malware in there. We can go deeper but to be honest I don't think we will find much. However, if you're sure this is caused by malware, please provide me with a detailed list of things that occurred, because 'my computer was taken over by silverlight' does not really help me. Can you please state when this happened, what you were doing, whether any promps occurred, etc.

The logs are looking fine. As instructed during the DDS run, you can now delete DDS.

If you wish to go deeper let me know and provide as detailed as possible account of what happened, otherwise I'll refer you to a general troubleshooting forum. (This is because I am only trained to assist with malware issues, so unless this turns out to be malware after all I don't think it would be wise for me to assist you with this - there are other people around who are far more capable of doing that than I).

If you have a system restore point from after the All Clean and before silverlight's 'takeover', you might want to give system restore a go as well.

Let me know what you decide :)
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby jtrag » December 3rd, 2008, 10:14 pm

Hi OD,

Silverlight is some type of Microsoft add-on, it is not malware. It just makes me mad when Microsoft, or anyone for that matter, installs something on my computer without my permission. If you ask me, Microsoft silverlight installing itself is the same as malware.

Anyway, thank you so so much for your help.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Warm regards,

Jtrag
jtrag

Unread postby Odd dude » December 4th, 2008, 2:54 pm

It's very weird for Silverlight to install on its own, and certainly not like Microsoft. I was thinking it might be a fake Silverlight, but that does not seem to be the case.

Thank you for your kind words. Do you have any other questions or can this topic be closed now?
Odd dude
Retired Graduate

Unread postby jtrag » December 5th, 2008, 12:36 am

Hi OD,

No further questions, this topic can be closed.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jtrag
jtrag

Unread postby NonSuch » December 5th, 2008, 2:21 pm

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous