Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Possible Malware/Hijacking

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Possible Malware/Hijacking

Unread postby Ferretman » November 23rd, 2008, 12:14 am

katana wrote:
Ferretman wrote:I'll give the Combfix run a try to be sure.

I'm sorry, I don't understand you.

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may cause your machine by running ComboFix on your own.
This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper

You suggested running "Combofix /u", which appears to have uninstalled it.

A good idea really...don't want to leave that lying around.

Steve
Ferretman

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Katana » November 23rd, 2008, 10:37 am

Ferretman wrote:You suggested running "Combofix /u", which appears to have uninstalled it.

Yes, it uninstalls Combofix and all the files it quarantined as well as removing old restore points and creating a new clean one.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Ferretman » November 23rd, 2008, 10:44 am

katana wrote:
Ferretman wrote:You suggested running "Combofix /u", which appears to have uninstalled it.

Yes, it uninstalls Combofix and all the files it quarantined as well as removing old restore points and creating a new clean one.

Excellent.

Working on the various updates now. Turns out some of them are spurious listings from an old backup of my mother's computer, so after updating the locals I'm re-running the software update scan.
Ferretman

Unread postby Ferretman » November 26th, 2008, 8:04 pm

And here's my final report!

In a (couple of) words: Looking good.

I've re-run all of the malware scanners and antivirus and whatnot again just prior to this post, and they all came up negative. A couple of the suggested ones fight with each other a bit (now I remember why I got rid of Scotty) but it's nothing major. No anomalous behaviors have been noted in any of my surfing or whatnot, which is what prompted me to note the problem in the first place.

Looks good. Thanks for the assist, katana!

Steve
Ferretman

Unread postby NonSuch » November 29th, 2008, 4:48 am

As this issue is resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous