Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

need virus cleanup help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: need virus cleanup help

Unread postby Katana » November 2nd, 2008, 3:56 pm

Just tried my wife's computer thinking I could download the SP and move it to my computer, but that computer appears to have the same infection.

It sounds more like your router has had the DNS settings changed.

Make sure you have any information required for reconnecting before performing the following steps

You need to reset your router to the factory settings, and then reconnect.
make sure you password protect the router after you have finished to help prevent this happening again.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby BJay » November 3rd, 2008, 10:08 am

Katana,
I will not be able to proceed until later today or tomorrow and will respond as soon as I have reset the router.

Update and more information - It suddenly occurred to me that we have two more computers on this network (2 upstairs renters & 3 in our household). All of them are being effected. My son has disconnected from the network and is not going to reconnect until he formats and re installs windows.

Also - My wife ran Spybot S&D on her computer and it removed ZLob DNS changer. Then she was able to download the Microsoft SP 2 and put it on a flash drive for me. So hopefully that will work. I will get the router reset before proceeding.

I am so very grateful for the help,

Jay
BJay

Unread postby Katana » November 3rd, 2008, 11:01 am

BJay wrote:It suddenly occurred to me that we have two more computers on this network (2 upstairs renters & 3 in our household). All of them are being effected. My son has disconnected from the network and is not going to reconnect until he formats and re installs windows.

In that case, it is definitely the router.
I doubt your son needs to format, unless he has a different infection.
Katana
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby BJay » November 3rd, 2008, 11:41 am

ooh, oooh, that gives me hope. Will reset as soon as possible. I need to get the renters lined up in case they loose the connection. They both have big time school going on this week and can't afford a disruption.

I'll be bask ASAP
BJay

Unread postby Gary R » November 8th, 2008, 10:35 am

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous