Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

AcroRd32.exe / 3HFr37wd.exe virus

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

AcroRd32.exe / 3HFr37wd.exe virus

Unread postby joeg85 » October 1st, 2008, 8:47 pm

I'm confident I have a pretty clever virus on my computer, here are the symptoms, the assesments I made, and the hijackthis log. I believe someone got into my computer while my firewall was down and put a virus on my harddrive called AcroRd32.exe (disguised as acrobat reader) which is the root file spawning other copies of itself under nonsence-named executables... specifically... AcroRd32.exe and 3HFr37wd.exe, both of which were included in my windows system32 folder. The process trees open themselves in my task manager on what seems to be a timer event (eg close all processes, leave comp idle 3 hours, and they'll be back). They don't pop up right after termination which is kinda sneaky. 3HFr37wd.exe seems to have a tie-in with an internet explorer that launches at the same time as it, so I'm fairly sure private information is being transmitted back to the source. AcroRd32.exe has since mysteriously vanished from my system32 folder but the 3HFr37wd.exe remains, when this file is deleted to recycle bin, something, somewhere, recreates the file back in system32... if I remember anymore details I'll update this forum.

I've had my comp off for a day or so to prevent information from being sent over the internet without my permission. I turned it back on today, and took a shower while it was rebooting to give 3HFr37wd.exe time to launch -- when I hopped on my comp i closed down all the pop-ups then ran a hijackthis, this is what it came back with:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:05:47 PM, on 9/30/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\VeohClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Nexon\Mabinogi\npkcmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\3HFr37wd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: solution Class - {99C6D1BB-7555-474C-91DA-D8FB62A9CC75} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\t55RwbWD.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.807.1746\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTxfiHlp] CTXFIHLP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BCMSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Veoh] "C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\VeohClient.exe" /VeohHide
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: npkcmsvc - INCA Internet Co., Ltd. - C:\Nexon\Mabinogi\npkcmsvc.exe

--
End of file - 4449 bytes
joeg85

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: AcroRd32.exe / 3HFr37wd.exe virus

Unread postby chryssi2001 » October 4th, 2008, 10:39 am

Hello joeg85,

I will be assisting you with your malware issues.

• Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! If you have any question or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you!
  • Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.
----------------------------------------------
PASSWORD STEALER

You have been infected by TSPY_ONLINEG.FXG, which allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data.

PASSWORD STEALER INFO

I recommend that you disconnect this machine from the internet NOW!

1. Disconnect infected computer from the internet and from any networked computers until the computer can be cleaned.

2. Call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.

3. From a clean computer, change *all* your online passwords -- for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups you belong to.

Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passwords and transaction information.
You aren't running Anti Virus Software

Anti-virus software are programs that detect, cleanse, and erase harmful virus files on a computer, Web server, or network.
Unchecked, virus files can unintentionally be forwarded to others, including trading partners and thereby spreading infection. Because new viruses regularly emerge, anti-virus software should be updated frequently.  Anti-virus software can scan the computer memory and disk drives for malicious code. They can alert the user if a virus is present, and will clean, delete (or quarantine) infected files or directories. Please download a free anti-virus software (for personal use), from one these excellent vendors NOW:

1) Antivir PersonalEditionClassic
-Free anti-virus software for Windows.
-Detects and removes more than 50,000 viruses. Free support.
2) avast! 4 Home Edition
-Anti-virus program for Windows.
-The home edition is freeware for noncommercial users.

Update and run your newly installed Anti-Virus, and let it clean/quarantee what it finds.
Post back:
A new HijackThis log so we will be able to clean your computer.
chryssi2001
MRU Teacher Emeritus

Re: AcroRd32.exe / 3HFr37wd.exe virus

Unread postby NonSuch » October 9th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator