Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Almost at the end of cleaning my logs, help

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Almost at the end of cleaning my logs, help

Unread postby gxlopez08 » September 12th, 2008, 6:54 pm

Hi, Im at the last step before cleaning my logs, the previous person who helped restore my computer back into working order, helped a great deal!!!! The following information was on the last email I received. Step #3 is where I got stuck! When I went to remove old, infected System Restore points, I went to Start>Run>typed in cleanmgr in the box and pressed OK... but it went to asking me to "Select the Drive you want to clean up, Drive C or D". I wasnt sure which one to select, I didnt know if it would delete files or pictures. It didnt ask me to check boxes for Temporary Files and Temorary Internet Files.....Please Help? Again! see the last email sent to me below....Thank You

[color=#0000FF]Post subject: Re: Start button & icons missingPosted: Tue 09 Sep, 2008 12:45 am

MRU Graduate

Run HijackThis
Click on the Scan button
Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647} - (no file)

Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
Click on the "Fix Checked" button
When completed, close the application and Restart your computer.

Step 2:

Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe.
Click the CleanUp! button.
Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.

Step 3:
Create a new, clean System Restore point which you can use in case of future system problems:
Press Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore
Select Create a restore point, then Next, type a name like All Clean then press the Create button and once it's done press Close

Now remove old, infected System Restore points:
Next click Start->Run and type cleanmgr in the box and press OK
Ensure the boxes for Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked, you can choose to check other boxes if you wish but they are not required.
Select the More Options tab, under System Restore press Clean up... and say Yes to the prompt
Press OK and Yes to confirm.

Your logs are now clean.
If you still feel you are having any issues please let me know now, otherwise read through and proceed with the following:

[/color]
gxlopez08

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Almost at the end of cleaning my logs, help

Unread postby NonSuch » September 14th, 2008, 10:56 pm

If you are asked which drive to clean up, select drive C: None of your data (pictures or documents) will be removed. Cleanmgr only removes unneeded temporary files.

• Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
  • Select Create a restore point then Next, type a name like All Clean, press the Create button. Once it's finished, press Close.

• Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr and press OK.
  • When the application has finished checking your files, it will open a new window.
  • Select the More options tab.
  • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.

This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

That should be all that's necessary. :)
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Almost at the end of cleaning my logs, help

Unread postby NonSuch » September 20th, 2008, 3:50 am

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator