Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

windows security

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

windows security

Unread postby goat » September 5th, 2008, 12:21 am

i have a windows antivirus popup that keeps coming up from my toolbar, and occasionally there is a system alert that claims i have some kind of infection and prompts me to install some spyware service, and my spyware doctor is being blocked from updating. plz help, here is my hijackthis log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:03:48 PM, on 9/3/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe
O2 - BHO: BhoApp Class - {2A8D06B4-1B40-009F-E531-629A59080F43} - C:\Program Files\altcmd\altcmd32.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Printer] C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spoolsv] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe
O4 - Startup: findfast.exe
O4 - Global Startup: autorun.exe
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windows ... 9975892796
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) - http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/ ... leId=23100
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wowfx.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe

--
End of file - 2986 bytes
goat

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: windows security

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » September 5th, 2008, 2:18 am

Welcome to the MWR forums. My name is Bio-Hazard. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research. Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• I will be working on your Malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear.
  • Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • I f you don't know or understand something please don't hesitate to ask.
  • It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Note: I am still in training here at Malware Removal, however I will be working under the direct supervision of one of our Malware Experts. Any recommendations will first be approved before being given to you. Because of this, there may be a short delay in getting our responses to you, however be assured that we will be working diligently on your problem.

Uninstall list

Make an uninstall list using HijackThis. To access the Uninstall Manager you would do the following:

• Start HijackThis
  • Click on the Config button
  • Click on the Misc Tools button
  • Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button.
  • Click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad here on your next reply.
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » September 5th, 2008, 1:25 pm

SDFix
If you already have SDFix, delete it & download it again as it's being updated regularly.
Download SDFix by AndyManchesta and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on SDFix.exe. By default, it will install to C:\
  • Click on Install
  • Don't run it yet
Print out or save this set of instructions as you will not have internet access during the fix.
Restart the computer in Safe Mode
:!: Let me know if you can't boot into Safe Mode. Do not continue with the fixes.
  • When you see the BIOS screen, start pressing F8 repeatedly
  • A boot menu will appear
  • Using the up down arrows, select Safe Mode and press the Enter key
  • Windows will now load
  • Navigate to C:\SDfix (if you installed it to the default location, otherwise, locate where you installed it)
  • Double click on RunThis.bat
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot
  • When the PC restarts the tool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished
  • Press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons
  • Once the desktop icons load, the SDFix report will open on screen. You can also find the report in SDFix folder, named Report.txt
  • Copy & paste the contents of the log in your next reply

Logs/Information to Post in Next Reply

Please post the following logs/Information in your reply:
  • Sdfix report
  • A fresh HijackThis Log ( after all the above has been done)
  • How are things running now ?
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby goat » September 5th, 2008, 10:30 pm

The trojan is still active and now i have no control panel and my access to my computer is restricted

here is my log file

SDFix: Version 1.221
Run by HannahBug on Thu 09/04/2008 at 09:12 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File
Resetting SecurityProviders Value
Resetting AppInit_DLLs value

Rebooting

Checking Files :

Trojan Files Found:

C:\Documents and Settings\Goat\Application Data\printer.exe - Deleted
C:\Program Files\altcmd\almd32.dll - Deleted
C:\Program Files\altcmd\altcmd.inf - Deleted
C:\Program Files\altcmd\altcmd32.dll - Deleted
C:\Program Files\altcmd\uninstall.bat - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\autorun.exe - Deleted
C:\Documents and Settings\HannahBug\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\findfast.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wowfx.dll - Deleted

Folder C:\Program Files\altcmd - Removed

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-09-04 21:17:18
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe:*:Enabled:LimeWire"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mmc.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mmc.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft Management Console"
"C:\\Program Files\\Veoh Networks\\Veoh\\VeohClient.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Veoh Networks\\Veoh\\VeohClient.exe:*:Enabled:Veoh Client"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\printer.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\printer.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\printer.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\printer.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spoolvs.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spoolvs.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\shell.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\shell.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\autorun.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\autorun.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\system32\\winav.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\winav.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\mcrupdate.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\mcrupdate.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\HannahBug\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\HannahBug\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\printer.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\printer.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\printer.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\printer.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spoolvs.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\spoolvs.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\shell.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\shell.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\autorun.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\autorun.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\system32\\winav.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\winav.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\mcrupdate.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Goat\\Application Data\\mcrupdate.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Documents and Settings\\HannahBug\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\HannahBug\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Startup\\findfast.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"

Remaining Files :

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Tue 2 Sep 2008 56 ..SHR --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\945958F93A.sys"
Tue 2 Sep 2008 3,350 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys"
Fri 29 Aug 2008 4,348 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\DRMv1.bak"
Thu 28 Aug 2008 671,462 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Goat\My Documents\My Music\New Folder\Rape My Sister Blonde [wyzo].zip"

Finished!
goat

Unread postby Bio-Hazard » September 6th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Hello goat!

Could you please post a new HijackThis log for me to see.
Bio-Hazard
MRU Master Emeritus

Unread postby goat » September 8th, 2008, 5:24 am

thank you very much for your time, but i decided to simply reformat my hd. i'm looking to replace it for a larger one soon so it was rather empty. once again, i do appreciate your help though.
goat

Unread postby askey127 » September 8th, 2008, 9:03 am

goat, this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove