Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Can't delete a file!

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Can't delete a file!

Unread postby pompalomp » August 2nd, 2008, 12:59 pm

Hi,

For those of you who have used avast anti virus, you will be aware that if it finds something it plays a warning sound which sounds like an air raid warning! After this happening when i had my speakers on maximum and scaring the bejesus out of me, I'd had enough.

I went into the Avast directory and after a bit of searching found these three wav files; virfound.wav, malfound.wav and suspic.wav. I tried to replace these files with my own music files which have been renamed so they are the same as the original files. (hope you understood that :?) Basically i wanted to replace them with less frightening .wav files.

Unfortunately when i try to delete,move,replace or rename them, i am met with this message "You need permission to perform this action". I couldn't understand this because i am the admin so their shouldn't have been any problems. I then used a program called "Unlocker" which is supposed to delete any file but even after a reboot it still didn't work.

Has anybody got any ideas about how to get rid of these annoying files.

Thanks in advance,

Pompalomp
pompalomp

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Can't delete a file!

Unread postby Gary R » August 2nd, 2008, 2:19 pm

It's a lot easier to just switch off the alert sounds in Avast.

Menu > Settings > Sounds

Check "Disable Avast Sounds"

Peace and quiet will now descend upon you when using Avast. :D

Alternatively, if you don't want to get rid of the sounds altogether

Menu > Settings > Sounds

Click Settings button and adjust volume in the box that pops up.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Unread postby pompalomp » August 2nd, 2008, 2:53 pm

Thanks a lot Gary R,

Thanks to your advice i found that by going into settings etc i could change the sounds it played.
No more heart attacks for me :D

Regards,

Pompalomp
pompalomp

Unread postby Gary R » August 2nd, 2008, 5:34 pm

You're welcome.
Gary R
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove