Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Some Web questions

This is the place for general discussions - we are a family site - no bad language, no flames.
A Moderators word is final.

Some Web questions

Unread postby Night-Walker » July 25th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Well, hello y'all.

I'm not a Web Dev, and not familiar with Html, Php yet... Since I started in many forums, I got some interest in this matter, I confess, but I'm still a rookie in this subject... Well, here's my question:

When you host a file (no matter which size is) in a site this file could be accessible, as long you allow it, for others to access it too.

When someone put a link to download directly my file, anyone can access my file without having to enter the site where I hosted the file, huh?

So, imagine now millions of users doing this same thing. And millions of users accessing at same time this same link to download my file. What happens? Does this site will be overloaded with too many requests coming from everywhere?
Night-Walker

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Some Web questions

Unread postby Axephilic » July 25th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Unless you have the server power of Yahoo or Google, then your site is going down if that happens. ;) Then you (if you have root access) or your host will probably need to restart the server.
Axephilic
Retired Graduate

Unread postby GGiTzKevin » July 25th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Like what Axephilic said, the server hosting your site would probably go down; either that or it will give the message saying "Bandwidth exceeded".
GGiTzKevin

Unread postby Night-Walker » July 25th, 2008, 10:42 pm

yeah, thank you both.

Let's try to another situation...

Believe or not, this is a car (or it should be), a little cute though, but it looks like a tennis shoe...

if a lot of people agreed to expose this same image in various sites, what happens to this image here? It would be unavailable any more...?
Night-Walker

Unread postby GGiTzKevin » July 26th, 2008, 6:52 pm

Not sure what you mean. Why would the picture become unavailable if it it exposed at several websites? :?
GGiTzKevin

Unread postby Night-Walker » July 30th, 2008, 4:35 am

Well, I assumed as the file stored on a single server, could cause a slow-down if it were requested for many users, an ordinary image could do the same thing as well...

I've used the code below to put here an image belonging from a website.
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.consumershero.com/image_wp/concept_cars/consumer_concept_car_6.jpg[/img]
If the image were removed from this website, surely this image will not appear anymore. But, if this same image were viewed in too many places at the same moment...?

In other words... if this same Tennis-Car picture were used in many websites (I mean a lot of them)... Will the same thing happens?
Night-Walker

Unread postby ChrisRLG » July 30th, 2008, 11:00 am

perhaps this will answer your question.

Slashdot effect
ChrisRLG
Administrator Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to General Discussions