Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

I've been waiting for over 1 week to get help w pop-up virus

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: I've been waiting for over 1 week to get help w pop-up virus

Unread postby ktreffin » June 21st, 2008, 9:36 am

Hi Sharon,

As long as you are behind a router (which provides a hardware firewall), and you have Windows Firewall enabled, you should be fine. I would go ahead and disable the Symantec one (better yet un-install it if possible) and leave it at that. The combination of the hardware firewall and the Windows Firewall will provide adequate protection for you.

I do want to draw your attention to this post however:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31581

Not to freak you out or anything, but it is worth looking into. Consult your specific router documentation on how to change the user name and password.

Let me know if you have any other questions or problem.

Thanks,
Ken
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby sharon431 » June 21st, 2008, 2:59 pm

Thanks ken, will do. I will change my router password to some obscure password I have never used before. I had a router before and it died, maybe it was hacked.
Thanks. Sharon
sharon431

Unread postby ktreffin » June 21st, 2008, 3:11 pm

You are very welcome Sharon. I am glad I could be of assistance! :thumbleft:
ktreffin
Retired Graduate

Unread postby Shaba » June 22nd, 2008, 10:30 am

sharon431 this topic is now closed.

We are pleased we could help you resolve your computer's malware issues.

If you would like to make a comment or leave a compliment regarding the help you have received, please see Feedback for Our Helpers - Say "Thanks" Here.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Previous