Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

cutwail!rootkit removal - help, please!!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

cutwail!rootkit removal - help, please!!

Unread postby sinclaird » May 31st, 2008, 5:58 am

McAfee finds and deletes two viruses - cutwail!rootkit, but they appear once again straight away. Firewall shows rogue application "System Process" running, DOS scan fails to fix. Any help or suggestions appreciated, cannot really use the infected computer as it ties up the internet... thanks!
sinclaird

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: cutwail!rootkit removal - help, please!!

Unread postby mjq424 » June 3rd, 2008, 9:57 am

Hello, and welcome to Malware Removal Forums.
My name is Matt and I will be assisting you with your malware issues.
Please be patient as I need some time to review your HijackThis log and I will post back recommendations for repairs.
As I am still on training, everything that I post to you, must be checked by a Teacher. Thus, there may be a tiny bit of a delay between posts, but it shouldn't be too long.

• Whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.
  • Continue to respond to this thread until I give you the All Clean! If you have any questions or you're stuck in there please reply it to me. I will try my best to help you! Not having symptoms of malware doesn't mean that you are clean!
  • Please do not carry out tasks on your own before I reply as this will only complicate things and may mean that my instructions are useless or dangerous!
  • Please bookmark or favourite this page. In case you need it as reference or etc.
mjq424

Unread postby mjq424 » June 4th, 2008, 11:00 am

Hi
To help you with your problem, please download Hijack This

• Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.
  • Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
  • Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
mjq424

Unread postby mjq424 » June 7th, 2008, 11:47 am

Hi
Do you still need assistance?
mjq424

Unread postby Shaba » June 11th, 2008, 1:02 am

Due to Lack of response this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove