Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

i heard about this site

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

i heard about this site

Unread postby scarabe » May 21st, 2008, 6:33 pm

i heard about this site today when i used ComboFix to desinfect my PC from a Trojan.
scarabe

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: i heard about this site

Unread postby flashh4 » May 25th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums, if you still need help !

My name is flashh4 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)
4. Please note you'll need to have Administrator priviledges to perform the fixes. (XP accounts are Administrator by default)
5. Please let me know if you are using a computer with multiple accounts, as this can affect the instructions given.

If you can do those things, everything should go smoothly

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Note: I am still in training at Malware Removal, however I will be working under the direct supervision of one of our Malware Experts. Any recommendations will first be approved before being given to you. Because of this, there may be a short delay in getting our responses to you, however be assured that we will be working diligently on your problem.

Thanks
Chuck

First download HJT so we can see what is happening !

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe

• Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Post the HJT log !
flashh4

Re: i heard about this site

Unread postby NonSuch » May 31st, 2008, 4:35 am

Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my! forum, include a fresh FRST log, and wait for a new helper.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!