Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Major Problems...PLEASE HELP!

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Major Problems...PLEASE HELP!

Unread postby Triggerfish » May 21st, 2008, 8:18 pm

I think I may have accidentally downloaded a virus or something. Suddenly all of my icons on my desktop and in my Start menu have been changed, and everything opens my DVD QuickPlay program. I am able to open IE through the Start menu, which I suppose is my one saving grace. Unfortunately I can't run a Norton scan, since it is affected. I also tried to run System restore, but it also opens the DVD QuickPlay. I downloaded HijackThis, but of course when I try to open it DVD Quickplay opens instead. This is a Compaq laptop running Windows Vista. It seems as if most, if not all of my .exe files have been corrupted. I have a feeling I'm in deep doo-doo here and would appreciate any help! Has anyone seen this before?? Thanks so much for your time.
Triggerfish

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Major Problems...PLEASE HELP!

Unread postby Triggerfish » May 22nd, 2008, 10:12 am

Well, I think the problem is resolved. I took a gamble and un-installed the program that all of my .exe files was opening. After that, everything seems to be working properly. I don't have DVD QuickPlay anymore, but I can live without it I suppose.
Triggerfish

Re: Major Problems...PLEASE HELP!

Unread postby NonSuch » May 31st, 2008, 4:02 am

We're sorry that you did not receive a response. Unfortunately, when you reply to your own post, it makes it appear that you have received help. Our helpers look for topics that have received no responses.

If your situation is resolved, that is good. However, if the problems recur, please return, start a new topic, and post a HijackThis log as well as a brief explanation of any problems or symptoms your system may be experiencing. Put this all in one post, and make no replies to that topic until you have received a response.

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator