Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Virtumonde

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Virtumonde

Unread postby Bhrandon » April 17th, 2008, 4:53 pm

The other night my wife was using my computer when the explorer windows kept crashing saying they needed to be closed due to an error.

(this is a fairly new machine, windows vista, dell, can provide system specs later if needed at work right now)

I also use Firefox which was working fine, but the wife accidentally opened IE. Which all of a sudden resulted in a massive explosion of pop ups, and then firefox wont connect to the internet.

After this i pretty much figured it was some kind of spyware from somewhere. So I did my weekly scan 3 days early.

I ran Adaware and McAfee virus scan and went to bed. (I use Mcafee firewall and antivirus, and have a router)

In the morning McAfee found nothing wrong with the system but adaware found Virtumonde. Which i know from trying to fix on someone elses computer some time ago (a year maybe less) it was a terrible ordeal. I wished i had found sites like this then. Curse my stupidity!

I chose to remove virtumonde and it did, but it is still there even though it doesnt find it.

However yesterday after work windows defender popped up saying it had found Trojan:/win32.conhook.D

Windows Defender tried to remove it and then received a fatal error and crashed. I was then directed by defender to use microsofts scan (cant remember what it was called) which it went through and looked at registry and files, and all sorts of things.

It found several files, and bad or missing .dlls, as well as some registry errors.

It tried to remove or clean them up and also received a fatal error and couldnt complete the process.

This morning i received a response from McAfee boards on how to maybe proceed. So i ran hijack this and im going to post the two logs that i generated. I didnt read the "before Posting" post before i had generated the files and am now at work so i cant post the two other logs that are required.

I will post them as soon as i get home.

So here are the two logs i hope that its ok that i post these without posting the other ones first. I just cant stand having computer issues and knowing that when i get home i have to start to take some action it would be good to have some ideas or things to do before i get home.

Thanks for understanding.

Hijack This Log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:34:37 AM, on 4/17/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16643)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Windows\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Computer Tools\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer provided by Dell
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McAntiPhishingBHO - {377C180E-6F0E-4D4C-980F-F45BD3D40CF4} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\mcapbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ECenter] c:\dell\E-Center\EULALauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIDIA nTune] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSServer] rundll32.exe C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\rqRJApmk.dll,#1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cmds] rundll32.exe C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\fCrRigfc.dll,c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BM27ebf70e] Rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\acnsnhcg.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MS Juan] rundll32 "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\cceslavl.dll",run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [24d8c492] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\kghpnlfl.dll",b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-4191670798-2267378488-1279803248-1000\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'IUSR_NMPR')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DelayShred] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSHR\ShrCL.EXE" /P7 /q C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\SC4VB5PA\1452_1~1.SH! C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\WO6WO8AU\IDKFA_~1.SH! C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\ETDE304T\KRIV_1~1.SH! C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\S2H1BGN4\GLAS_1~1.SH! (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DelayShred] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSHR\ShrCL.EXE" /P7 /q C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\SC4VB5PA\1452_1~1.SH! C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\WO6WO8AU\IDKFA_~1.SH! C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\ETDE304T\KRIV_1~1.SH! C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\S2H1BGN4\GLAS_1~1.SH! (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.ebay.com
O16 - DPF: {49312E18-AA92-4CC2-BB97-55DEA7BCADD6} (WMI Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysProExe.CAB
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0288231208436846) (0288231208436846mcinstcleanup) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Windows\TEMP\028823~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Alert Service (AlertService) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\CCU\AlertService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: DQLWinService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\IntelDH\NMS\AdpPlugins\DQLWinService.exe
O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Software Services Manager (ISSM) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\ISSM.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Viiv™ Media Server (M1 Server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\mediaserver.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Application Tracker (MCLServiceATL) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\MCLServiceATL.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: nTune Service (nTuneService) - NVIDIA - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneService.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Remoting Service (Remote UI Service) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\Remote UI Service.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe

--
End of file - 10909 bytes

Hijack this Startup Programs log

StartupList report, 4/17/2008, 7:39:18 AM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Computer Tools\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
Detected: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16643)
* Using default options
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Windows\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9b.exe
C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Computer Tools\HijackThis.exe

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
[C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
Adobe Gamma.lnk = Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

IAAnotif = "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"
ISUSScheduler = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
(Default) =
ECenter = c:\dell\E-Center\EULALauncher.exe
SigmatelSysTrayApp = sttray.exe
mcagent_exe = C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe /runkey
dscactivate = "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
NvSvc = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
NvCplDaemon = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
NvMediaCenter = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Sidebar = C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
WindowsWelcomeCenter = rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
ehTray.exe = C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
DellSupportCenter = "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
swg = C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
DAEMON Tools Lite = "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -autorun
NVIDIA nTune = "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\nTune\nTuneCmd.exe" clear
MSServer = rundll32.exe C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\rqRJApmk.dll,#1
cmds = rundll32.exe C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\fCrRigfc.dll,c
BM27ebf70e = Rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\acnsnhcg.dll",s
MS Juan = rundll32 "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\cceslavl.dll",run
24d8c492 = rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\kghpnlfl.dll",b
WMPNSCFG = C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

Load/Run keys from C:\Windows\WIN.INI:

load=*INI section not found*
run=*INI section not found*

Load/Run keys from Registry:

HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL

Shell & screensaver key from C:\Windows\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\Windows\system32\logon.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

McDefragTask.job
McQcTask.job
QuickClean.job
User_Feed_Synchronization-{11812F57-57A7-4F74-BB74-00416CADA3D9}.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[WMI Class]
CODEBASE = http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysProExe.CAB

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
NameSpace #4: C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
NameSpace #5: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
NameSpace #6: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll

Enumerating Windows NT logon/logoff scripts:
*No scripts set to run*

Windows NT checkdisk command:
BootExecute = autocheck autochk *

Windows NT 'Wininit.ini':
PendingFileRenameOperations: C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\MSC\Updates\Installs\1\msk\mcinst.exe||C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\WO6WO8AU\IDKFA_~1|C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\WO6WO8AU\IDKFA_~1.SH!|C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\ETDE304T\KRIV_1~1|C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\ETDE304T\KRIV_1~1.SH!|C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\S2H1BGN4\GLAS_1~1|C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\MICROS~1\Windows\TEMPOR~1\Content.IE5\S2H1BGN4\GLAS_1~1.SH!|||

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

WebCheck: C:\Windows\system32\webcheck.dll

End of report, 7,837 bytes
Report generated in 0.047 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only
Bhrandon

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Virtumonde

Unread postby Shaba » April 20th, 2008, 4:55 am

Hi Bhrandon

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
  • Please post contents of that file in your next reply.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  1. Close all applications and windows.
  2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  3. When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
  4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt to your post.

- dss logs
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Unread postby Bhrandon » April 20th, 2008, 11:03 am

oh thank you i have received help and have the problems resolved. I was going to close the topic tomorrow as i figured you guys wouldnt be active today. Sorry wish i would have gotten to it sooner so you wouldnt have wasted time. Thanks though much appreciated!
Bhrandon

Unread postby Shaba » April 20th, 2008, 11:04 am

Hi

OK, I will close this one then :)
Shaba
Admin/Teacher Emeritus

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Return to Infected? Virus, malware, adware, ransomware, oh my!