Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

error message not allowing Hijackthis to install

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

error message not allowing Hijackthis to install

Unread postby pemall » September 20th, 2005, 5:47 pm

I have today had my computer infected wth spysherrif. I have tried everything I can think of to remove this, to no avail. I have downloaded hijackthis and tried to install it. I know how it works as I have used it in the past. But recently I have installed windows xp, and when I try to run hijackthis, I get a microsoft error report window. Basically saying it does not have a digital signature/certificate from microsoft. I need information on how to overcome this problem as spysherrif is a major headache.

I am not sure if this is being posted in the correct place, it would be easier to use this site if it had a post your question here button, but I hope you can help me even if I am in the wrong place.

Pemall
pemall

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby Woody_J » September 20th, 2005, 11:05 pm

Hi pemall, I think I've seen this problem before, lemme check my
records, and check with the boss, and see if I have a fix for ya.

Thanks for your patience :D

Woody_J
Woody_J

Unread postby Woody_J » September 22nd, 2005, 1:32 am

Hi pemall,

From what you described, I think you have a problem with an XP setting.
Taken from http://www.microsoft.com/winlogo/benefits/signature-benefits.mspx:
To set file signature verification options:

1. Open System in Control Panel.
2. On the Hardware tab, click Driver Signing.
3. Under File Signature Verification, click one of the following:

Click Ignore to allow all device drivers to be installed on this computer, regardless of whether they have a digital signature.

Click Warn to display a warning message whenever an installation program attempts to install a device driver without a digital signature.

Click Block to prevent an installation program from installing device drivers without a digital signature.

If you are a logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group, click Apply setting as system default to apply the selected setting as the default for all users who log on to that computer.

If you temporarily set to 'Ignore' then HJT may install properly.
If not, please post back the exact error message that you are receiving.

Regards,

Woody_J
Woody_J

Unread postby NonSuch » October 1st, 2005, 3:18 am

Whilst we appreciate that you may be busy, it has been 10 days or more since we heard from you.

Infections can change and fresh instructions will now need to be given. This topic is now closed, if you still require assistance then please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum

If you wish this topic reopened, please send us an email to 'admin at malwareremoval.com' with a link to your thread.

You can help support this site from this link :
Donations For Malware Removal

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
NonSuch
Administrator
Administrator

Advertisement
Register to Remove