Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Help! iexplorer keeps launching in hidden mode...

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Help! iexplorer keeps launching in hidden mode...

Unread postby ChrisP4U » March 9th, 2008, 10:42 pm

To whom it may concern,

I am very much computer litererate, but I am having trouble trying to figure out an infection I had acquired a couple days ago...

Let me start from the beginning. I was searching for AGM Battery prices (because I am joining the "Green" revolution) when I stumbled upon a web site that looked like it was going to provide a movie clip about them. Of course, I was prompted that I didn't have the required media codec and I replied "Yes" to download it... Does it need to be stated that I had a "brain far"?!?!? I know better!!! But I went and did it anyways.

In any case, now I have symptoms of iexplorer.exe constantly starting up in the Task Manager Processes and IE never launches (so my guess is that IE is launching in hidden mode). For what reason, I do not know. I hazard to guess that it wants to send out information or to download something, but this is purely speculative on my part.

I have also noticed DOS windows appearing where is shows that a file called dkxrstqqlx.dll is being copied someplace.

I've also had instances where a reference to a file called _18be6784.exe is trying to be written to the registry. Of course, I've denied this from happening.

I also get the fake "Warning: Possible Spyware or Adware infection." message in Internet Explorer.

In any case, I have a HighjackThis log file and I will try to provide it with this msg. I hope this works. I really need help on this one.

Thanks,

Christopher
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisP4U

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Re: Help! iexplorer keeps launching in hidden mode...

Unread postby random/random » March 16th, 2008, 2:17 pm

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new HijackThis log, along with a description of any problems you are experiencing. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.

Thank you for your patience.
random/random
Developer
Developer

Re: Help! iexplorer keeps launching in hidden mode...

Unread postby ChrisP4U » March 16th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Please close this thread... I could not wait any longer, so I simply rebuilt my system.
ChrisP4U