Welcome to MalwareRemoval.com,
What if we told you that you could get malware removal help from experts, and that it was 100% free? MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Our help, and the tools we use are always 100% free. No hidden catch. We simply enjoy helping others. You enjoy a clean, safe computer.

Malware Removal Instructions

Continually getting new infections

MalwareRemoval.com provides free support for people with infected computers. Using plain language that anyone can understand, our community of volunteer experts will walk you through each step.

Re: Continually getting new infections

Unread postby askey127 » February 15th, 2008, 7:20 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------
Press Start, Programs, Accessories, Command prompt, copy/paste the following command into the box and press OK:
(I am a little unsure about how to get a command line in Vista. You probably know).
cmd /c dir C:\*.* /L /A /B /S|Find "lich" >> "%userprofile%\desktop\look.txt"

A file called look.txt should appear on your Desktop. Please post the contents of this file.

We will kill all the files that show up
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Advertisement
Register to Remove

Unread postby askey127 » February 15th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Crunge,
Please try to run in Normal mode.
It may not remove all, but it should report the ones that fail.

EDIT: If the script won't run in safe mode due to an os check, it won't run in normal either. Sorry for the Homer moment.
lich.exe and lich.sys are downloaders and need to go. There may be others. It's clear some of the tools we have don't work in Vista.

Can you try a Kaspersky scan? If we can ID the downloader(s) properly we can kill them. Kaspersky will need permission from Comodo and Vista to run an ActiveX..
Normal Instructions are here:

Using Internet Explorer, Please Do an Online Scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.
Go here to run an online scanner from Kaspersky.
  • Click on "Kaspersky Online Scanner"
  • A new smaller window will pop up. Press on "Accept". After reading the contents.
  • Now Kaspersky will update the anti-virus database. Let it run.
  • Click on "Next">"Scan Settings", and make sure the database is set to "extended". And check both the scan options. Then click OK.
  • Then click on "My Computer", and the scan will start.
  • Once finished, save the log to your Desktop as filename KAV.txt
Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the license, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license is accepted, reset to 100%.
If the file KAV.txt appears to be too large to post (more than a couple hundred lines), let me know and I will give you instructions that will convert it to a smaller file.

askey127
askey127
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Unread postby Crunge » February 19th, 2008, 10:57 pm

Askey127,

Sorry for the delay but I'm on the road and won't have access to that machine again until this weekend. I'll follow your suggestions and post updates then.
Crunge

Unread postby askey127 » March 1st, 2008, 8:51 am